Anime Limited News: More Standard Edition Blu-ray Releases, Release Date Adjustments & More

N

NormanicGrav

Two weeks ago we recapped the latest news and information from distributor Anime Limited, and to no one’s surprise they managed to unveil even more content so now we have another news round-up already.

Stock Updates​

A-Silent-Voice-1.png

A couple months ago Anime Limited clarified that A Silent Voice was listed as a ‘Soon to be Out of Print‘ title. Now we have received a new update on the current stock in which the collector’s edition has nearly sold out on Shop AllTheAnime. Only the Shop Exclusive A2 Poster with Collector’s Edition bundle is available so grab the set as soon as you can if you want to nab a copy.

New Standard Edition Listings​

Can’t afford the collector’s edition sets or missed out when they were around? The good news is that we now have confirmation that there will be more standard edition sets over the course of the year. We already mentioned the Persona 3 Movies getting the treatment so we won’t recap that info here.

Click to view slideshow.
On 5th March we have the complete series Blu-ray set of Black Butler: Book of Circus.

On 12th March we have the complete first season Blu-ray set of Blood Blockade Battlefront.

On 9th April we have the Makoto Shinkai double film pack of The Place Promised in Our Early Days and Voices of a Distant Star available on Blu-ray and DVD.

On 16th April we have a complete series Blu-ray and DVD standard only release of Kiss Him, Not Me!.

On 28th May we have the live-action film Tokyo Ghoul available as a standard only Blu-ray and DVD release.

And starting 28th May we have Sword Art Online II coming back in print with Part 1 (Episodes 1-7) on Blu-ray with a limited collector’s box to house Parts 1-4 of the standard Blu-ray sets. Part 2 (Episodes 8-14) will be out on 25th June followed by Part 3 (Episodes 15-19) on 30th July and Part 4 (Episodes 20-24) on 27th August. For those wondering why there’s no complete series set it’s because of Aniplex’s strict requirements.

BBFC Ratings​

We got some new updates from the BBFC ratings board.

Sword-Art-Online-Ordinal-Scale-2.jpg

Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale- has been rated for home video after receiving its theatrical release early last year with a 12A. The home video version includes some mini added stuff including a tweaked scene for Asuna hanging out in the bath for the fanservice. To everyone’s surprise the BBFC gave it a rating of 12. There’s an insight on the rating if you’re interested.

New Artwork​

We got some more new artwork revealed. Two of them we’ve shown earlier in this post with Black Butler: Book of Circus and Blood Blockade Battlefront standard edition Blu-ray sets. Anywho here’s the next batch of new artwork!

Kinos-Journey-1.jpg

The 2003 series of Kino’s Journey is a complete series standard DVD-only release, currently set for 19th March. There is no Blu-ray master which is why it’s just DVD but it should be NTSC compared to the previous ADV Films release. Note that this is the main 13 episodes of the TV series and won’t include the other content that ADV didn’t license in prior releases. Like the previous ADV release this does include English & Japanese audio with English subtitles.

Click to view slideshow.
Just in case you didn’t see our report on Napping Princess and Princess Arete, you can view the artwork above!

Napping Princess has four versions available: standard DVD, standard Blu-ray, collector’s edition combo and a shop exclusive collector’s combo that comes with a A4 Japanese Clear File. English & Japanese audio with English subtitles with all four versions available on 19th March.

Princess Arete has three versions available: standard DVD, standard Blu-ray and a shop exclusive collector’s combo. Japanese with English subtitles only with all three versions available sometime between the end of February and early March.

Durarara-Ketsu-3.png

Durarara-Ketsu-2.jpg

And just as we typed this the third and final arc of the Durarara!!x2 series – Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, is around the corner with its collector’s edition Blu-ray and standard DVD tentatively set for 19th March. This covers episodes 1-12 of the Ketsu arc in both English & Japanese audio with English subtitles. Like the previous two arcs the Ketsu OVA won’t be included for this release due to Aniplex’s strict requirements.

Release Date Adjustments​

We have some tweaks to the release dates for select titles so let’s get into it.

The-Testament-of-Sister-New-Devil-2.jpg

The first season of The Testament of Sister New Devil has been pushed back to 2nd April. The raunchy ecchi series will be released uncut and uncensored at the very least, with a collector’s edition Blu-ray and standard DVD planned with both English & Japanese audio with English subtitles.

Love-Live-Sunshine-Its-Joke-Probably.jpg

The first season of Love Live!! Sunshine! is now currently tentatively set for 9th April. While Funimation’s release it’s joke, the Anime Limited version will offer a collector’s edition Blu-ray and standard DVD with both English & Japanese audio with English subtitles.

Momotaro-Sacred-Sailors-2.png

And the very first feature length anime film from 1945 called Momotaro Sacred Sailors is now currently tentatively set for 26th March. This release is a collector’s edition combo pack that will also include the short film The Spider and the Tulip as well as a 128-page book written by Dr. Jonathan Clements (Author of Anime: A History, co-author of the Anime Encyclopedia). Both the main film and short film are in Japanese with English subtitles only.

The Q2 2018 Slate​

In case you didn’t read our eagle-eyed report on the line-up here’s a quick recap of what’s coming to the second quarter in terms of new additions. We already mentioned a few earlier in this round-up such as the standard only releases of Kiss Him Not Me! and the live-action Tokyo Ghoul, so here’s the rest.

Re-ZERO-Emilia-pouting.png

Assassination Classroom Season 2 Part 2
Blu-ray Collector’s Edition & DVD Standard – 16th April

Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry
Blu-ray/DVD Collector’s Edition, Blu-ray & DVD Standard – 23rd April

Hyouka Part 2
Blu-ray Collector’s Edition & DVD Standard – 25th June

Lu Over the Wall
Blu-ray/DVD Collector’s Edition, Blu-ray & DVD Standard – 25th June

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Part 1
Blu-ray Collector’s Edition & DVD Standard – 16th April

Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale-
Blu-ray/DVD Collector’s Edition, Blu-ray & DVD Standard – 28th May

Wolf’s Rain
Blu-ray Ultimate Edition – 25th June

New Announcements​

Throughout the past few weeks Anime Limited have revealed a couple new treats for the UK & Ireland. Here’s what they announced:

Maquia-1.jpg

Attack on Titan: The Roar of Awakening
Theatrical UK Release – More info here

The third compilation film in the Attack on Titan franchise is coming to UK theatrical screens just in time for the upcoming third season airing this summer.

Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler (Season 1)
UK Home Video – More info here

The first season of the gambling series that recently hit Netflix is coming to Blu-ray in Q1 2019.

Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
Theatrical UK Release – More info here

A brand new film by Mari Okada and studio P.A.Works coming to UK theatrical screens this March.

That’s it for this long round-up. Stay tuned if they decide to reveal more news.

Continue reading...

I know it sort of makes me stand out from the crowd and not fit in with some aspects of things here (which I'm used to so never mind), but I only really want Standard Blu Rays. I haven't got space (or the budget) for collectors editions which wouldn't fit on my shelf anyway in most cases, but I do enjoy watching anime and actually owning a blu ray gives me the same satisfaction most people receive from a collectors edition. Splitting things over multiple parts spoils it for me though, I'd only tend to get them if they'd already been released.

Yeh do tend to go standard most of time but the fact is really. I look at cheapest option as I bought most of collectors cheaper than standard

Back