Anime Limited Completes Shinkai Catalogue with 5CM Per Second & Children Who Chase Lost Voices

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Following today's Weathering With You announcement, Anime Limited have confirmed that they're completing their Makoto Shinkai collection by bringing two of the director's previous films back to the UK market: 5 Centimeters per Second, and Children Who Chase Lost Voices!

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Good news, as I love 5 Centimeters per Second (I'm uncertain whether or not I think it's better than YN). I do think it handled the themes Shinkai tries to convey in his work better and more candidly than YN. On the other hand YN is a better "movie" experience in the sense of being more fulfilling throughout. All in all, it's a definite buy for me.

Children Who Chase Lost Voices was a bit of let down. Not a bad movie as such, just that it tried to do something different from his previous (and subsequent) movies and didn't succeed. It's almost as if he heard that "next Miyazaki" epithet and took it literally. Bit uncertain if I buy this, but probably do for the sake of completeness as then I'd have every Shinkai movie.

Children who chase lost voices trys to hard to be a Ghibli film. It starts off pretty well and looks great animation wise. I can't say its a good story or film though, I was dissapointed withe the direction it took

Back