Anime Legends Question

Rena Ryuugu

Oyashiro-Sama
Just a quick question,I'm planning on buying some of the Anime Legends sets soon and I'm just wondering if any of the Beez Anime Legends have any problems for example missing subs, so I know to whether to get the US release or not.

Thanks for letting me with Escaflowne fabricated :) shall be getting the R1 release of that. Good to hear there are no problems with Wolf's Rain and hopefully the other sets are fine as well.

to be honest i think the anime legends boxsets aren't the attractive, i think the gurren largann singles are very nice but the anime legends boxsets look like they've been copied and pasted

animefreak17 said:
to be honest i think the anime legends boxsets aren't the attractive, i think the gurren largann singles are very nice but the anime legends boxsets look like they've been copied and pasted
That's the point. They're budget rereleases.

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:

thats why the non budget releases are better

I have these ones:

R2:
Planetes
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya - Season 1
Wolf's Rain

R1:
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

Everything is fine with these. Planetes has Italian subs, so I watched them and can't comment about the English subs.

Teo

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:

thats why the non budget releases are better

If you're made of money, yeah.

Frankly I like the boxes. I also like not being £40-60 more down after buying a series.

Thanks for letting me know Teo :) Since I'm planning on getting Gurren Lagann next week, does anyone know if the missing subs problem has been fixed?

Rena Ryuugu said:
Since I'm planning on getting Gurren Lagann next week, does anyone know if the missing subs problem has been fixed?

Uhm, I watched the subs and don't remember particular troubles (maybe I forgot?). If you write what kind of problem it was (episode and minute) I can check with my DVDs. I have to say I have the edition from May or June 2011, the one before the riots, so the reprint can be different.

Teo

From what I recall, when Part 2 was released here(a few years back I believe) people were saying there were missing English subs throughout episodes 10 and 11. Which is why I passed on the singles when they first came out.

Watched episode 11. There is a missing line at 1m54s and another at 15m00s, the rest seemed fine. I googled for the troubles on the singles edition and they were much more than these 2 missing lines. So I suppose they corrected most of the errors and missed a couple.
Personally I did not care that much that these lines missed, since you don't loose anything crucial, maybe this is why I forgot. But if you want a perfect edition with everything smooth, then this is not the case. Don't know if the actual print corrected this (I have the first print before the riots destroyed their stocks).

Teo

Awesome, thanks a lot for checking it out for me Teo :)
A few missing lines is no biggie for me, as I can get the gist of what they are saying and it's not crucial to the episode like you said.

Definitely will be picking it up next Friday now ^_^

Back