Anime influenced Cartoons

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Not talking about shows that are obviously infulenced by anime from the way they're drawn (avatar or teen titans for example) but what shows do you know that obviously use anime's hype as cameo's in their own show.

i can think of a few, Ben 10 being the one that brought the post idea to my head

ben10naruto2tq6rf2.png

apparently the creators are big Naruto fans.

Billy and Mandy and South Park i belive have dabbled in the worlds of Dragonball and Naruto themselves while the Simpsons have also done so.

So any other anime Cameo's out there?

Hmm, I think the cartoon "Totally Spies" was a failed anime rip-off. Also, "Code Lyoko" was one of those cartoons that tried waaaay too hard to look like anime especially with the names of the characters which made me laugh. Avatar would have to be the best anime influenced cartoon out there though...at the moment, anyway.

grim and evil did chicken balls z i think.
South park did chin pokemon and the whole asians with huge muscles and doing super human moves.

The Boondocks is drawn in an anime style, it's one of the creators huge influences and the 2nd series is done by Madhouse.

I love it, so damn funny.
If only Adult Swim UK would get it.
1279~The-Boondocks-Posters.jpg

Ryo Chan said:
Not talking about shows that are obviously infulenced by anime from the way they're drawn (avatar or teen titans for example) but what shows do you know that obviously use anime's hype as cameo's in their own show.

i can think of a few, Ben 10 being the one that brought the post idea to my head

ben10naruto2tq6rf2.png

apparently the creators are big Naruto fans.

Billy and Mandy and South Park i belive have dabbled in the worlds of Dragonball and Naruto themselves while the Simpsons have also done so.

So any other anime Cameo's out there?

I love ben 10, i can across a cartoon the other day but i cant remember for the life of me what it was called. Had some kind of Anime character input walking in the background :p

Deidara said:
Hmm, I think the cartoon "Totally Spies" was a failed anime rip-off. Also, "Code Lyoko" was one of those cartoons that tried waaaay too hard to look like anime especially with the names of the characters which made me laugh. Avatar would have to be the best anime influenced cartoon out there though...at the moment, anyway.

Code Lyoko was quite possible the lamest cartoon I had ever seen, and I've seen a lot of f***ing cartoons in my time.

Every episode was a shitsnore.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Megas XLR that was full of anime refrences like the voltron/ Battle of the planets themed ep. There is more but its been a while since i've seen it

BlackWolf said:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Megas XLR that was full of anime refrences like the voltron/ Battle of the planets themed ep. There is more but its been a while since i've seen it

Yeah but thats overly obvious, it also included:

Evil Dead 2/Bruce Campbell
Power Rangers
Transformers
Wrestling
Back to the Future
Mr T
Sliders
Video Games

Not To Mention some of the best Kick Ass Music ever to be put into a series. It also Like to take the Piss out of the FAct that it was a cartoon by such scenes as last 5 minute of show finisher in the Transformers style Episode

Kurogane said:
Deidara said:

Code Lyoko was quite possible the lamest cartoon I had ever seen, and I've seen a lot of f***ing cartoons in my time.

Agreed. As for the Megas XLR thing...I've gotta give it credit for making me laugh. I still remember the first ep where he's flying in his new mech and all you here is the main character's friend shouting "Where's my 5 bucks?!"

Deidara said:
Kurogane said:
Deidara said:

Agreed. As for the Megas XLR thing...I've gotta give it credit for making me laugh. I still remember the first ep where he's flying in his new mech and all you here is the main character's friend shouting "Where's my 5 bucks?!"

Probaly one of the only cartoons after dexters labthat made me laugh and i enjoyed.

Megas XLR was awesome. Sucks that they canceled it though, it was quite a good series. Plus Wendee Lee and Steve Blum both played Jamie and Kiva.

I flicked on a episode of 'RobotBoy' And watched the first few minutes, They were watching some Godzilla movie or something, and then one says "Hey, I can make my mouth go out of sync just like in them movies" and then he did it and they all started doing it. Twas quite humorous. Like watching Akira in English.

Heh, Not really a anime reference or influence strictly speaking though.

Lupus Inu said:
Megas XLR was awesome. Sucks that they canceled it though, it was quite a good series. Plus Wendee Lee and Steve Blum both played Jamie and Kiva.

I loved it too lol
Megas was amazing, shame it got cancelled.
All the good stuff gets cancelled :(

LukasROAR said:
Lupus Inu said:

I loved it too lol

Blame today's kids with bad taste in cartoons.

Plus I've heard some time ago, that the percent in kids watching cartoons are decreasing because... lack of british animations ¬¬

Meh, Americans has no talent whatsoever... (Backlash me, I hate them)

LukasROAR said:
Lupus Inu said:

I loved it too lol

They Ended it Quite Well though with Cracked Rear View Part 1 & 2, with Alternate Earth

Still

Living Here In Jersey
Fighting villains from afar
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car
You dig giant robots
I dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots
Nice

thekendyman said:
LukasROAR said:
Lupus Inu said:

I loved it too lol

They Ended it Quite Well though with Cracked Rear View Part 1 & 2, with Alternate Earth

Still

Living Here In Jersey
Fighting villains from afar
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car
You dig giant robots
I dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots
Nice

Hahah such a classic intro
And oh so true :D

Code Lyoko is French, not American by the way (much of the animation on UK TV is) and contains a character who is a Miyazaki Hayao look-a-like. Totoro made a few cameo appearances in The Powerpuff Girls (saw both of these on Nausicaa.net).

i think the new fantastic four cartoon has an anime look to it, im ashamed to admit that i actually sometimes enjoy watching that show 0_o

Back