Anime Groups in North East England

Blue-Rat

Hikikomori
Does anyone know of any groups or individuals meeting in the anime-forsaken land that is the North East of England?
I'm thinking more Teesside area but even Newcastle area would do.

If not is anyone else in the region open to setting one up? :?:

Cheers,

BR

hmm, I've never really thought about it - that area is a bit of a cultural dead zone as far as anime is conncerned! A little harsh maybe, but you're unlikely to find anything outside of university societies, as far as I know anyway. If such a club were to be set up, I'd be happy to help with it though. :D

Concrete badger said:
hmm, I've never really thought about it - that area is a bit of a cultural dead zone as far as anime is conncerned! A little harsh maybe, but you're unlikely to find anything outside of university societies, as far as I know anyway. If such a club were to be set up, I'd be happy to help with it though. :D

---------------------------

A University society would do fine! Know of one?

Thanks for being the only person to reply!

Whereabouts in NY are you?

Around 3/4 of an hour north of York, near Northallerton, Leyburn, Masham etc.

The nearest unis to try would probably be the likes of Leeds or Newcastle (the largest) or possibly Durham or York. The websites usually end in .ac.uk (I'll look for some linkage later tonight).

Concrete badger said:
Around 3/4 of an hour north of York, near Northallerton, Leyburn, Masham etc.

The nearest unis to try would probably be the likes of Leeds or Newcastle (the largest) or possibly Durham or York. The websites usually end in .ac.uk (I'll look for some linkage later tonight).

---------------------------

I'm in the Teesside area - those unis are too far.

I will try with Teesside uni - the problem with uni societies is that they are often hard to track down - the people running the society graduate and they don't update their details etc

Any advice from others who have set up non-uni societies?

Back