Agarest anyone get it? Any good?

I thought about getting it... I saw it on the shelf, looked at the back, went home to check on Gamespot... and it's not my cup of tea...
Best if you go there too and check it out 1st.

I've got it. Not played it yet. After seeing the special edition cover art, I regretted putting it on my Xmas list I gave my parents...

I have it as well and never played it yet, I got the Special Edition around the same time I got Cross Edge.

I ended up playing Cross Edge for a while and completely forgot about Agarest, I'll play it at some point.

I have the PS3 special edition and i only really bought it for the art book.. ;)

Saying that its all voiced in japanese with english subs but feels like a bad disgaea clone.

I was waiting for it to go cheap, but it's still £22-£30 most places. The reviews weren't great.

There's a review on MeriStation:
http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_anali ... 40fab7d1c1

Quote:
"It's not the greatest game on PS3: it lacks the visuals, the gameplay and the charm of other games in the genre. But, despite its flaws, it's a fun game, with a long storyline and several features that are what hardcore JRPG fans are looking for. They will be pleased."

I know Im a hypocrite, but I decided I wanted to get it now. Ryo thought about it himself and between us, I said I would get it.

However, I'm now in a dilema:
I got the game on order from Play.com in it's Special Edition version (artbook, cards, poster etc.) for £34.99. When I ordered it, I thought about value for money and buy it for the artbook extras.

However, I went into Game today and got the game - pre-owned and the normal version - for £23. (I wanted to use points I got in the mail, but they said they could only put it on, not spend it in the transaction :evil: ). I kinda feel dirty buying it there now...

The question: Is this purchase from Game a good ecconomic strategy choice, or is it worth returning it and buying the Special edition one for the artbook? In other words, are the extras worth paying more for?

Edit: Seems like saving money is the better option for me. Although I like my artbooks, it'll be too small for me to appreciate.

Back