Afro Samurai debuts in the US

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Just this week Samuel L. Jackson's "Afro Samurai" began airing on US TV. The ultra-violent series was animated (with a high budget) by Gonzo Studios.

Sweet I can watch this at work on monday as our pc's have US server registrations finally that fact will come in handy (we can't listen to bbc pro-recorded programs because of this though dammit)

I just finished watching the first episode. I thought it was very good. The character designs are superb and the voice acting was great with some nice comic touches. The action scenes were fantastic very ninja scroll i thought. Anyone else seen it yet? Thoughts/views?

It looks like a lot of fun, but as i am not in the US or have a US registered system i can't see it..ah well i can wait for a bit i guess.

Lupus Inu said:
Apparently it's meant to be "Off the chain" I hope it isn't the same old basic revenge gore plot.
You don't even wanna know! :lol:

(Though I'll admit I've only seen about 10 mins off the first episode. If you like action almost like in Dead Leaves then you'll do fine but if you want plt then don't even think about it!)

Just watched it... it's so funny it's trying to take itself seriously, fuedal Japan with black guys and espionage equipment? Wth?

I watched ep 3 of this earlier, the "Can you dig it?" bit (a classic line from The Warriors for all those who haven't seen my dad's fave film :lol:) made me :lol: along with the Terminator clone of Afro :lol:. Alot better than the boring ep 2 but still not woth buying (out soon in the US from Funimation for all those interested)

Only seen eps 1 and 2 and I have to say I am hooked, loving the style of fighting and the soundtrack really works well (reminds me of samurai champloo).

Lupus Inu said:
I'd have thought people would have given up after episode 1. o_o

No way I love it, ok so the limited voice range is limited (only 3 main actors) but that is passable and the music kicks ass plus I am looking forward to the back story of how the kid became the No 2, after all he loses the headband so I wanna see how old he is when he gets it back.

Back