ADV USA rescue CPM titles

chaos

The Boss
ADV USA rescues a few CPM titles. Darkside Blues, Grave of the Fireflies, Now and Then, Here and There, The World of Narue, and M.D. Geist are getting reissued by ADV Films in USA.
Central Park Media filed for bankruptcy in April after one year without a new anime or manga release.
Although this news piece isn't related to UK directly, it shows that ADV is on their way to recovery.

chaos said:
ADV USA rescues a few CPM titles. Darkside Blues, Grave of the Fireflies, Now and Then, Here and There, The World of Narue, and M.D. Geist are getting reissued by ADV Films in USA.
Central Park Media filed for bankruptcy in April after one year without a new anime or manga release.
Although this news piece isn't related to UK directly, it shows that ADV is on their way to recovery.
Their pulse rate might have increased a bit, but still a long way from living off life support. Still N&T, H&T would be nice for the UK.

Mohawk52 said:
Their pulse rate might have increased a bit, but still a long way from living off life support. Still N&T, H&T would be nice for the UK.
I agree that they still have a long way before living off life support. Let's say they were comatose and just had a small moment of conciousness.
Not sure I can say it was a lucid moment though. Grave of Fireflies / Now and then, here and there are titles I can understand. The other three does not convinces me. I'm following some industry blogs to see if any light is shed on these announcements.

Well, Now and then, Here and There was a strong title, but in retrospect it falls outside my primary interests. Fortunately its dedicated fans will get a second wind now. I don't believe it's been out of print for a woefully long time though.

This has already been reported. I even linked to prices for the sets on PlayUSA days ago.

Keep on top of the news or GTFO. This is serious business.

Aion said:
This has already been reported. I even linked to prices for the sets on PlayUSA days ago.

Keep on top of the news or GTFO. This is serious business.
I've seen the Now and Then, Here and There listing you posted (even ordered myself a copy), but not the other rescues. I've missed it was ADV rescuing it altogether back then.

WRT to GTFO, well, I'm the one supposed to stay here to the bitter end =P

Back