ADV UK release dates for Feb & March '05

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Play.com have updated their anime release dates, revealing several tentative ADV UK DVD releases that reach as far as March 2005.

Amongst others (and no doubt, of interest to many) is the debut of Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Vol #1, which is apparently set to be released by ADV UK on 21st February. Similiarly, RahXephon - The Motion Picture is set for 21st February too.

Galerians: Rion (an anime OVA based on a video game) has also appeared on Play.com; penned in for a UK release on 24th January (released by 'Revolver Entertainment'). We have updated our release schedule accordingly.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the RahXephon movie. I loved the series and consider it a big personal favourite. Looks like ADV plan to start off 2005 with a bang!

I've never seen Rahxephon but all I know is MVM are going to wipe the floor with ADV release wise
MVM have got Trigun, FMA, YYH
ADV have got ...?

i am also looking forward to RahXephon movie the serie was very good. and adv has a few good things coming out eg get backers and kinos. i do agree tho that mvm has a lot of good stuff this year and looks like its mvm year (but beez got some nice stuff coming out to if they ever bring it out we all know what they are like)

Ramen89 said:
Oh yeah too pretty damn good shows on Beez's part, poor old ADV they sure are gonna lose out this year.
Hmm well they do have stuff like Chrono Crusade, Gad Guard and of course NGE Platinum and stuff thats continuing from this year like Mahrormatic, Last Exile and Azumanga Daioh!

Ramen89 said:
If Beez decide to bring out Gundam SEED then that would be good, what else are they supposedly bringing out?

If am correctly remembering news from a few months back, Beez have some pretty big plans for the UK in 2005. Not only Cowboy Bebop but Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain and Gundam SEED are being prepared for a UK release :)

2005 will be the best year for UK anime fans yet.

MVM are my favourites. From them, I'm most looking forward to Full Metal Alchemist, Gungrave and Haibain Renmei. But they're also releasing Trigun, Kodocha, Chobits, Gunslinger Girl and Read or Die TV, all which seem to immediately catch my interest.

ADV UK are looking good too, but a lot of their releases seem to fall under the 'action with fanservice' genre I'm not particularly interested in. Kino's Journey is fantastic though, so they deserve points for that.

Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum will be a nice release; but only as a boxset! If you don't already own this fantastic series, I would recommend you to wait for the boxset of the Platinum of Eva - the remastered quality is absolutely brilliant.

Just double checked what titles i want to get early next year, its up to 6 a month and im still havent added MVM or mangas release yet

The UK anime scene has never been better IMO

Just double checked what titles i want to get early next year, its up to 6 a month and im still havent added MVM or mangas release yet

The UK anime scene has never been better IMO

2005 is gonna be an expensive year for UK anime fans!

I recieved my review copy of Last Exile just a few dats ago, and all I can say is that ADV do have a fight on their hands. With MVM releasing titles like Trigun, Haibane Renmei, FMA while Beez taunts us with Witch Hunter Robin and Cowboy Bebop. Even Manga Ent have a few releases out next year in the way of Stand Alone Complex volume 2 & 3.

ADV may produce more DVD in one year than MVM, Beez and Manga combined but the fans know what they want to get their hands on. They don't want to buy Mazinkaiser if FMA is up for grabs.

2005 is gonna be an expensive year for UK anime fans!

Spot on.

*runs off to get his ADV parcel.*

Back