ADV UK April 2006 DVD releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
ADV UK have sent us through their April press releases, confirming four new anime DVDs will hit UK stores on the 17th of April. Amongst which is the first volume of "crazy high-school comedy" Cromartie High School and "erotic" Bubblegum Crisis spin-off Parasite Dolls.<ul class="menu">17 April 2006
<li>Cromartie High School #1
<li>DNAngel #5
<li>Elfen Lied #2
<li>Parasite Dolls</ul>Click here to read the full press release which includes DVD specifications and detailed plot synopsis'.

I have a friend that's getting Cromartie and if Elfen Lied volume 2 is about £13 then I might get it even though I do have volume one as region 1. That's the good thing about ADV, their US and UK releases look exactly the same. 8]

From what I've read, Cromartie could well be worth checking out. And the sci-fi fan within me can't help but be interested in Parasite Dolls.

Since I can't pass up anything BGC related I've been meaning to look into Parasite Dolls for a while, and now I might finally get around to doing so, even if it is only through rental. Will no doubt take a look at DNAngel vol 5 as well, although first I need to catch up on volume 4.

I'll be picking up Parasite Dolls in an attempt to round out my fledging BGC collection.

Paul said:
From what I've read, Cromartie could well be worth checking out. And the sci-fi fan within me can't help but be interested in Parasite Dolls.

If the Cromartie anime manages to capture even an ounce of the original manga's originality and ingenuity it's going to be very special indeed. I mean the cast includes a Freddy Mercury lookalike, a surly Gorilla, and a trash talkin' robotic high schooler, you can't go wrong really. ;)

I've been interested in Parasite Dolls ever since I saw Tokyo 2040 about 2 years ago, but I've never gotten round to importing it, so I'll probably pick up the UK release.

/still hopes Tokyo 2041 will eventually get made

valha said:
i plan to get all of these. adv are only releaseing 4 dvds that month ?

It's the same for every month in 2006 (well, February was a bit of an exception because there was the Boogiepop collection+live action movie), if you remember a while back they said they intended to scale back their releases to 4 a month to avoid oversaturating the market.

Paranoia Agent said:
If the Cromartie anime manages to capture even an ounce of the original manga's originality and ingenuity it's going to be very special indeed. I mean the cast includes a Freddy Mercury lookalike, a surly Gorilla, and a trash talkin' robotic high schooler, you can't go wrong really. ;)
That makes a total of one I'd go out of my way for then! As tempting as Parasite Dolls is, I've heard that it's nowhere near as good as either of the Bubblegum Crisis series. Shame that.

Parasite Dolls is pretty decent, even if the feel changes a lot over the course of the course of the 3 episodes.

PD is more affiliated with the AD Police spinoff than the BGC core series.

And yeah, I wish there was more too.

Back