ADV Classics cases

jonboy

Dandy Guy, in Space
Has anybody had any problems with these 7 disc cases being broken in the post? They are probably the least durable cases i have. Both last exile and chrono crusade cases broken in the post

Does anybody know where you can buy spares?

I haven't had any problems with them. Although if you bought them from play.com I wouldn't be surprised if they broke because their packaging leaves something to be desired sometimes.

You could always ask for a replacement case from the site you bought it off or look on ebay for clear 6 or 7 way DVD cases.

jonboy said:
Has anybody had any problems with these 7 disc cases being broken in the post? They are probably the least durable cases i have. Both last exile and chrono crusade cases broken in the post

Does anybody know where you can buy spares?

Ha! Funny you should mention that, my Last Exile case was a trainwreck. Plus, I actually bought this from a shop, it didn't get beaten up in the mail. As you say, they are indeed the least durable cases I've ever witnessed.

Sy said:
I haven't had any problems with them. Although if you bought them from play.com I wouldn't be surprised if they broke because their packaging leaves something to be desired sometimes.

You could always ask for a replacement case from the site you bought it off or look on ebay for clear 6 or 7 way DVD cases.

Damn straight!

My experiences with play.com have been quite bad over the years. They're officially the worse online retailers in the UK.

Most recent thing was they shipped a CD, which was meant to be Daft Punk's 2005 album, but the CD was some random rock music one! Very annoyed at that... and apart from that, when we had the odd artbox being released by MVM, and the tin from Manga for GITS:SAC, the artboxes came damaged most times, and the tin for GITS:SAC came with a huge dent both times, sent it back both times and eventually missed out on it entirely.

Hmpff.

melonpan said:
Sy said:

Damn straight!

My experiences with play.com have been quite bad over the years. They're officially the worse online retailers in the UK.

Most recent thing was they shipped a CD, which was meant to be Daft Punk's 2005 album, but the CD was some random rock music one! Very annoyed at that... and apart from that, when we had the odd artbox being released by MVM, and the tin from Manga for GITS:SAC, the artboxes came damaged most times, and the tin for GITS:SAC came with a huge dent both times, sent it back both times and eventually missed out on it entirely.

Hmpff.

Wow, i been using Play for over 6 years and i've never had any major trouble from them. Checking my order history theres been 2 instances where i had to send stuff back but thats been it. The only major problem was with PlayUSA.Com where i ordered Thundercats Season 1 Part 2 but they sent me Part 1 and after i sent it back they sent me Part 1 again. Luckily they got it right the 3rd time, however this was over the Xmas period so i don't hold it against them.

I've personally never had any problems with Play, but I think my mum's had to send one or two items back in the past for whatever reason.

No real problems with Play myself and I must have been using them 7 years or so. The only problem I have had is the postman ripping the odd jiffy envelope trying to get something through my letterbox instead of taking it back to the sorting office (which is 5 min walk from my house). Infact I might ask them to do that in future, I am down there so often picking things up or paying duty if they spot me coming they start sorting my stuff out.

Dracos said:
No real problems with Play myself and I must have been using them 7 years or so. The only problem I have had is the postman ripping the odd jiffy envelope trying to get something through my letterbox instead of taking it back to the sorting office (which is 5 min walk from my house). Infact I might ask them to do that in future, I am down there so often picking things up or paying duty if they spot me coming they start sorting my stuff out.

I think mine are growing tired of sorting out my packages (which are usually boxes from DVD Pacific), so the last lot of them just got stuffed into a large rucksack thing, which they actually left with me !

melonpan said:
Dracos said:

I think mine are growing tired of sorting out my packages (which are usually boxes from DVD Pacific), so the last lot of them just got stuffed into a large rucksack thing, which they actually left with me !

Had that at Crimbo ordered so much from Play as well as my DVDs from deepdiscount that when I got home one night my neigbour handed me a mail sack, and I had to pick one up from the sorting office as well. I can always spot my packages when I go in as deepdiscount stick a fedral warning tape around the box. Probably down there about twice a week although it is annoying when I get there and it is one volume of manga in a box designed for DVD box sets because it won't fit in their other packing materials. Infact I have to pick something up tomorrow good job they open at 06:30 I can nip in on my way to work.

melonpan said:
Dracos said:

Had that at Crimbo ordered so much from Play as well as my DVDs from deepdiscount that when I got home one night my neigbour handed me a mail sack, and I had to pick one up from the sorting office as well. I can always spot my packages when I go in as deepdiscount stick a fedral warning tape around the box.

Well the only time I've had damages with play were with Tin's. Off the top of my head all 3 James Bond collection tins I ordered over a space of several months arrived dented, the Roger Moore one having the most bruises ironically. I was annoyed because it was packaged loose inside of a box that wasn't sealed all the way with a thin layer of bubble wrap. Not secure at all.

Other than that I've never had a problem with them as far as the actual products go.

Dracos said:
melonpan said:
Dracos said:

Had that at Crimbo ordered so much from Play as well as my DVDs from deepdiscount that when I got home one night my neigbour handed me a mail sack, and I had to pick one up from the sorting office as well. I can always spot my packages when I go in as deepdiscount stick a fedral warning tape around the box. Probably down there about twice a week although it is annoying when I get there and it is one volume of manga in a box designed for DVD box sets because it won't fit in their other packing materials. Infact I have to pick something up tomorrow good job they open at 06:30 I can nip in on my way to work.

I think we give the postal service a hard time, but meh.

Back