ABA Games

melonpan

Death Scythe
With the announcement of the game 'Blast Works' coming to Nintendo Wii, I did a bit of searching around, after hearing it was a FREE game designed by some Korean (I think) games student.
I came across a link to the game, the official website was accessible through that, and I stumbled across a whole library of free, but amazing games.

Here's the link: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/

They span multiple platforms, and are written in almost every code. They are similar in lots of ways, with the shooting element, but are very imaginative I think.
I would recommend Gunroar as one to try after the others, it seems to have more of a level element to it more than just shooting your way through.

Enjoy. :p

I've been following the works of Kenta Cho for quite some time now. I'm glad you, too have discovered his games because many of them are good fun. I personally recommend you check out Torus Trooper, Titanion and rRootage.

Also, those of you who enjoy playing vertical and horizontal shooters such as these games, I suggest you google games like Warning Forever. Also there are many anime style shooters such as Beautiful World which are really enjoyable. I have them all on my HDD if anyone wants them.

Nemphtis said:
I've been following the works of Kenta Cho for quite some time now. I'm glad you, too have discovered his games because many of them are good fun. I personally recommend you check out Torus Trooper, Titanion and rRootage.

Also, those of you who enjoy playing vertical and horizontal shooters such as these games, I suggest you google games like Warning Forever. Also there are many anime style shooters such as Beautiful World which are really enjoyable. I have them all on my HDD if anyone wants them.

I found Warning Forever, looks fantastic, going to play it in a while.
No sign of Beautiful World though : o

DaNiMe said:

That's cool man, I've uploaded it for you as it's simply a demo. The game is fairly easy, the third boss is a tad tricky but nothing too hard. Give a go: http://www.box.net/shared/ft0251mtun

Because I'm still in Turkey, I spent a good chunk of my day searching for free vertical and horizontal shooters. Also Danime, if you're a fan of Ikaruga I suggest you try out IKA MODE on rRootage when you can download at ABA Games. It's a pretty kickass game mode which is basically copying Ikaruga.

Nemphtis said:
DaNiMe said:

That's cool man, I've uploaded it for you as it's simply a demo. The game is fairly easy, the third boss is a tad tricky but nothing too hard. Give a go: http://www.box.net/shared/ft0251mtun

Because I'm still in Turkey, I spent a good chunk of my day searching for free vertical and horizontal shooters. Also Danime, if you're a fan of Ikaruga I suggest you try out IKA MODE on rRootage when you can download at ABA Games. It's a pretty kickass game mode which is basically copying Ikaruga.

Thanks for the upload, can't wait to play it. Never heard of box.net before, looks like a nice uploading site. I have Ikaruga, really fun game to play, albeit incredibly hard! I'll have a look for your mentioned games from ABA as well. I've been playing Gunroar a lot, that one seems pretty different to the other games on ABA.

Hehe, one thing that always caught me out on Gunroar was the fact that I just never seemed to notice the islands for some reason. So when I'm firing my canons and the enemy fires back, I wonder why I can't seem to move and only after I'm dead it dawns on me that I was driving into an island. :]

Nemphtis said:
Hehe, one thing that always caught me out on Gunroar was the fact that I just never seemed to notice the islands for some reason. So when I'm firing my canons and the enemy fires back, I wonder why I can't seem to move and only after I'm dead it dawns on me that I was driving into an island. :]

Were you using the mouse to move? I find that's the only possible way to play it lol.

DaNiMe said:
Nemphtis said:

Were you using the mouse to move? I find that's the only possible way to play it lol.

To be honest I can recall what control method I was using to play the game as I didn't play Gunroar as much as I played Titanion. By the way, if you're playing Titanion I wonder if you can pass my top score of 8,744,586. I also have a screenshot to prove it. :]

Back