8 minutes of Innocence

A

Anonymous

The first 8 minutes of Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence has been put online over at IFILM.com and it is amazing! It can be streamed for free in Windows Media, Real and QuickTime formats.

But if you don’t want to spoil it for when we do eventually get GITS 2 in the UK then there is also a theatrical trailer for the movie for you viewing pleasure.

[ <a href="http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2642793">Innocence: First 8 Minutes</a> ]

Read more...

Source: Anime UK News
News, views and reviews for the UK anime community

Check out AICN, they have posted up links to some more breathtaking scenes from Innocence: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18384

Also, check out the AICN article comments at the bottom of that page. The anime comments always provide a good laugh - especially the so called 'anime haters', who come up with some amazingly ignorant comments towards both anime and Asian film in general.
Having probably seen Akira once, and not understanding it, they then proceed to assume all anime must be the same and therefore 'pretentious' rubbish.

Mind you, they're are a lot of fair criticisms being brought against GITs 2 by people who seem quite able to construct a decent argument.

Even so, no one had actually seen the whole film, so they're all a bunch of ignorant prats really ^^;

Paul, you had to make the wait even more excruciating didn’t you? Lol
That scene is utterly…well I can’t think of the words to describe it but let’s say it’s a least - good. :wink:

As for some of those replies on AICN;

Philosophical = Boring?

More like:
Boring = you have no brain.

/End Rant

Oh well, each to his own I guess.

But seriously I think GITS 2: Innocence is going to be one of those movies that is good to watch in the cinema for the breathtaking animation/music and to get a general understanding of the story. But ultimately I think it’s a title that once on DVD you can watch over-and-over to get a full understanding and appreciation for story and its meanings.

On a side note:
Ign have done a small review of the movie and only gave it 3 ½ out of 5 stars

It seems the reviewer couldn’t be doing with the philosophical nature of it either.

“There is a moment when watching Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence where one simply just wants to ignore all of the philosophical chatter you've been patiently plodding through and get lost in the fantastic imagery.â€

I think the film will eventually reach its deserved status when it is released on DVD and is able to build up a cult following amongst people that can appreichiate beauty and depth. I expect Innoncence is just too cryptic and philosophical for the mainstream; the most of which are just expecting some pretty pictures and are completely blindsided by having to sit through complicated dialogue and no talking animals with a wise-cracking attitude.

Some of the best films of recent times; Blade Runner, The Shawshank Redemption and even Fight Club have had poor box office figures but have since gone on to becoming classics on DVD. I hope the same will apply to Innocence if its cinema run isn't too impressive.

Back