360 updates question

Churchy99

Adventurer
Right - as my Premium 360 was about second or third batch of them in the UK it cannot play original Xbox games - As I've only gotten my 360 back a couple of months ago off my greedy brother I've forgotten alot about the console in general.

Does the premium allow you to get Silver Xbox Live so you can perform updates for free?

Do you simply do this by connecting the cable given or by wi-fi to update it to play original Xbox games (specifically Manhunt) without getting gold?

As im getting Gold for christmas it would be nice to get the downloads as soon as possible

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!

If i recall Silver Live is free and all consoles can access it. As for connecting you will need to connect via cable to your however you use the internet (apart from dial up) if you want to use it wirelessly you have to shell out for the network adapator. You only need to download the backwards compatable file once and then you can play the games with out being connected (or be connected so you can play their online modes). There is an alternative but i'm not sure if they still do it where you can download the drivers of the official xbox website, burn them to a cd and update the xbox that way, I've done this in the past since my xbox is currently not connected to the internet in any shape or form.

thanks for the help - everything went fine!! the main reason I asked was because I couldnt find the cable and didn't want to find the cable only to see what I thought was wrong - but its all working now!!

You're welcome :D By the way, a quick note about the backwards comptable games, it isn't a perfect transitiion, as some of the original xbox games that i played recently on my 360 have some minor thing wrong with them like some of the menus on Sonic Heroes being glitchy (nothing wrong with the actual gameplay) or no music what so ever on Star Wars Battlefront 2. I'm not saying that all the games on that list don't work right, the Halos worked fine right out of the box.

Yeah - manhunt seems pretty badly affected as the cutscenes are all glitchy and stuff - also Im pretty sure that the guy who talks to you is meant to be heard during gameplay - apart from that the gameplay is fine! But I'm not complaining - oh yeah Halo is the best running game I've seen work on the 360 - Im pretty sure that new 360's are now compatible automatically - well my friends one was anyway!

Back