25th April DVD releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Out today is an interesting mixture of sci-fi anime (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex #3), controversial hentai (La Blue Girl Returns) and live-action anime adaptation (Casshern). Also, according to Play.com, the eagerly awaited UK debut of MVM's mafia epic Gungrave #1 has been pushed back one week until next Monday (2nd of May).<ul><b>25th April releases</b><span class="menu"><li>Casshern (Live Action)</li><li>Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex #3</li><li>La Blue Girl Returns #1 (Hentai)</li></span></ul>To view our full, comprehensive UK anime release schedule; please <a href="http://animeuknews.net/schedule.php">click here</a>.

I've had casshern on R3 dvd for a while now, personally i just did'nt like it, the visuals where nice but far too glossy and superficial and despite the 2hr+ run time the story feels rushed and the characterisation half-hearted. I could only reccommend this title for the mind-blowing action sequence which sees Casshern decimate an army of robots, this sequence absolutely owns it's just a shame the remainder of the movie is so mundane.

Back