21st Anniversary of Dragonball Z

stuart-says-yes said:
If you watch the 15 fights on dvd its crap, feels quite slow and dragged out, but considering childrens tv was and still is naff, DBZ was well, amazing by comparison, no-one died in other tv shows or beat the absolute crap out of each other, I suppose thats what made it so memorable.

with all the tween shows spamming the kids channels, I hope the american release of DB KAI encourages the tv people to pick up the show for the uk, The animation channels could use showing animation
I agree, DBZ Kai is aimed at kids who were too young to see the original DBZ, so about 6 to 14, like the channels Disney XD and NickToons, which the American versions of have Shippuden and Z Kai, respectively

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pr ... rent_Shows

Zack and Cody? Seriously? Shouldn't that be on Disney Channel or something?

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
Like I said, it's the perfect anime for those with an IQ score that's lower than three digits.

Technically then, that would be 49% of the world, given that the way IQ scores are measured denotes a score of 100 to be exactly average.

You should get your IQ officially tested, Aion. I've no doubt you'll get a decent score, but I'm curious about what numbers you'd get.

I often wonder how much I would have liked Dragon Ball Z if I'd watched it now or a few years ago. Would I have gotten into it? I'm not sure. What I do know is that it got me hooked as a young teen and now I can watch it with a fond remembrance. In my opinion the latter half of Dragon Ball is the story highest point, not Z, with some great fighting scenes that didn't rely on firing beams all over the place.

Either way I'm proud to own the series, and will watch an arc every few years and love it in a nostalgic way.

Genkina Hito said:
ilmaestro said:
sanji no 1 said:
Wow theres a lot of haters on this site!
Yup. :/ But haters gonna hate, it's unblockable.

Dragon Ball remains both the greatest story ever told, and the one true shounen action series to stand the test of time and space.

Is that irony? I wouldn't cite DBZ for story.
It's a modern classic. Goku giving up his life on Earth for the sake of his friends? The marginalizing of the humans as the aliens become more powerful, only for Mr. Satan to be the true hero of the entire series? Genius.

ilmaestro said:
Genkina Hito said:
ilmaestro said:
sanji no 1 said:
Wow theres a lot of haters on this site!
Yup. :/ But haters gonna hate, it's unblockable.

Dragon Ball remains both the greatest story ever told, and the one true shounen action series to stand the test of time and space.

Is that irony? I wouldn't cite DBZ for story.
It's a modern classic. Goku giving up his life on Earth for the sake of his friends? The marginalizing of the humans as the aliens become more powerful, only for Mr. Satan to be the true hero of the entire series? Genius.

Serious or not, you do make a good point :p

Back