The General Conversation Area

Shouldn't the manga and LN then turn on the anime. If manga/LN readers are to be believed nearly every show gets the "not as good as..." comment.
It's funny because this is the one popular oppinion that I'm always of the contrary with.

A lot of the media where I've read the LN/Manga I've come out thinking that the anime was fine and my preferred way of endulging it, even some of my favorites like Fate and Made in Abyss lol.

Though it's not always true either, stuff like Berserk and Higurashi are examples where the Anime really fails to do it justice.

I've heard good things about Plusnet, IIRC my mum (who lives in the country) uses them, so you're probably in good hands :)
Unfortunately, they've gone downhill as of late as I did use plusnet until they started going round in circles trying to fix an issue with connection drops and I gave up and moved my internet to another provider.

don't suppose anyone has a switch and uses this? Nintendo Switch Adjustable Charging Stand
trying to find out voltage levels on it because i want to get one to use on both my switch and tablet but i want it to be able to fast charge on the tablet at 15w which is what the AC adapter gives out but i'm not 100% sure if it only uses 15w when you dock it for tv use as it also offers either 5w or 10w along side the 15w i'm not 100% sure

Turns out Zavvi ships some items from the USA using DHL so guess I'm expecting to get a customs bill?

Thats if I even get it as they didnt fill out my address correctly. I really dont trust this company

Starting tomorrow I will be working from home due to the current situation. While I have worked from home during a few weekend events, it's going to be a weird feeling doing it during the week.

What's left for my work schedule is tomorrow, Thursday, Friday followed by Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday next week (which may finish early because it's Christmas Eve). In total, about 6 days and a half. I booked Wednesday off as I felt like using that holiday slot when I can. Working from home also means I get an extra hour of spare time since I won't need to drive.

Turns out Zavvi ships some items from the USA using DHL so guess I'm expecting to get a customs bill?

Thats if I even get it as they didnt fill out my address correctly. I really dont trust this company
I had a package from Zavvi ship from the US via DHL and didn't get any customs charges (although, they did hand it off to the absolute worst delivery company to deliver it)

You shouldn't (I think/hope).

Pop In A Box (the same company as Zavvi) do the same thing - I've had at least 16 orders come from the US via DHL in the past couple of years and I've never had any customs charges (almost all those orders were over the limit).

Good luck anyway!

Just had a bag of eggnog popcorn, what a bizarre flavour. Apparently the ingredients include caramel, double cream, nutmeg and Jamaican Rum
i've never had eggnog, always thought it was just one of those things only available in america but looking up what's even in it online and i don't think i can have it cause of it containing milk
maybe the aftermath is worth it

Where I work we were glad to see the end of the day as the soldiers start to go on Christmas leave today so it's time to unwind after a busy few weeks of functions on reduced staffing (both vacancies & staff out due to the C word).

No doubt the only thanks the staff will get from the bigwigs (who have now gone back to working from home) will be the usual small box of chocolates.

Had my booster this evening (lucky enough to get a slot at a local centre when I looked yesterday afternoon, gets it out of the way)

Network finally announced a Stingray blu-ray release for next year, i don't think anything will be able to top it unless hell freezes over and AL or MVM announce a jashin blu-ray
Seed Destiny might be of equal levels tho

Just tried to put a shiny new imported Blu-ray into my venerable region-free player for the first time in ages and it looks like it's finally given up the ghost.

If after ripping it the file refuses to play nice with VLC on my Xbox, then it looks like I'll be in the market for a new player for the first time in ten years. I'd rather not have that extra expense at the moment so hopefully VLC will be able to handle video files with that kinda bitrate.

Last edited:
Just tried to put a shiny new imported Blu-ray into my venerable region-free player for the first time in ages and it looks like it's finally given up the ghost.

If after ripping it the file refuses to play nice with VLC on my Xbox, then it looks like I'll be in the market for a new player for the first time in ten years. I'd rather not have that extra expense at the moment so hopefully VLC will be able to handle video files with that kinda bitrate.
If you don't use a player for a long while the drive belt can go bad, it may be a simple case of replacing it and those are super cheap to buy online.

If you don't use a player for a long while the drive belt can go bad, it may be a simple case of replacing it and those are super cheap to buy online.
I'll look into it. It wasn't a simple case of it not starting though. The disc started fine but when it got past the menu onto the actual episodes it become stuttery as hell and kept jumping all over the place.

Edit: looks like VLC on Xbox can handle Blu-ray bitrates. That at least means I have a semi-convenient way to watch the several US Blu-rays I have before I get another player or fix this one. Although the preparation and the drive usage is a bit onerous so I'm not gonna leave myself without a dedicated player too long.

Last edited:
My 12yo niece tested positive for covid yesterday. Christmas is cancelled for the family as her, my sister and her other two kids won't be able to visit my mom, and Christmas now (for me) is only for seeing my family and giving the kids gifts so not seeing them all will be a killer.

It sucks but I'm more concerned about her as she has asthma. Hopefully she gets through this fine!

My 12yo niece tested positive for covid yesterday. Christmas is cancelled for the family as her, my sister and her other two kids won't be able to visit my mom, and Christmas now (for me) is only for seeing my family and giving the kids gifts so not seeing them all will be a killer.

It sucks but I'm more concerned about her as she has asthma. Hopefully she gets through this fine!

I'm so sorry to hear that I really hope she will be ok ❤️

probably a long shot but can VLC read the m2ts files directly from the disc?

only other option i could suggest is either buying a PS3 slim (not super slim iirc those can't be hacked yet) and doing cfw on it for region free or buying a cheap sony blu-ray player from amazon global for i think £80 as i found the other day looking for someone that didn't want to bother with a PS3

Back