UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

And with a sigh of relief, my day one order has shipped, Thank you AL for all you've done this Xmas sale (yep I know I usually just moan about things)
Credit where it's due, you've played a blinder.

Amazon just cancelled my order for Gundam Turn A and also Code Geass. The email said the payment didn't go through but why would they just remove it then? And I can't find the items when searching 😏

Amazon did not remove these. However these are currently blocked for international shipping (however orders already placed may still be fullfilled) and thus don't show up in Amazon search when searching with a foreign IP.

Note: This currently happens with like 90% of all pre-order anime at Amazon UK. Bans are often liften after the item gets in stock at Amazon UK (but not always)

Amazon did not remove these. However these are currently blocked for international shipping (however orders already placed may still be fullfilled) and thus don't show up in Amazon search when searching with a foreign IP.

Note: This currently happens with like 90% of all pre-order anime at Amazon UK. Bans are often liften after the item gets in stock at Amazon UK (but not always)
Yeah, I know that they don't show up in the search but they removed the order itself so it's as if it hasn't even existed. Usually they send an email and tell you the payment didn't go through so you can check with your bank but this time they just cancelled 😨 Since I live in Sweden I usually have to "open" my card for access out of Sweden and then the payment will go through.

They're not blocked. Change postal code to UK postal code via "Deliver to" icon next to Amazon logo, add to cart, change back to your address.

Yeah, I know that they don't show up in the search but they removed the order itself so it's as if it hasn't even existed. Usually they send an email and tell you the payment didn't go through so you can check with your bank but this time they just cancelled 😨 Since I live in Sweden I usually have to "open" my card for access out of Sweden and then the payment will go through.
I dont think this has anything to do with you card though. It seems to be a new policy of amazon and they just stitched you up.

I dont think this has anything to do with you card though. It seems to be a new policy of amazon and they just stitched you up.
I guess that was my last pre order from them if that's the case. Then I rather support MVM or AL from their sites, especially MVM with 3£ shipping 🙂

For whatever it's worth, I'm in Ireland and anime pre-orders don't show up on amazon.co.uk without workarounds for me either, but my Gode Geass pre-order with them is still open...

Amazon just cancelled my order for Gundam Turn A and also Code Geass. The email said the payment didn't go through but why would they just remove it then? And I can't find the items when searching 😏
That’s strange as my order of both these items still show up in open orders. But when I click them they show up as ‘Temporarily out of stock’ which is Amazon’s telling they’re blocked for non-UK customers.

Ah the upcoming Brexit what a glorious moment ... not :confused:

That’s strange as my order of both these items still show up in open orders. But when I click them they show up as ‘Temporarily out of stock’ which is Amazon’s telling they’re blocked for non-UK customers.

Ah the upcoming Brexit what a glorious moment ... not :confused:
That's how it was for me too, but when I woke up today they had sent this to me.Screenshot_20201212-105427_Gmail.jpg

They charged it last night. You only get that email after 3 unsuccessful attempts at taking payment. Unusual for three attempts to be made overnight though, they're usually done over about 48 hours.
Okay, that's weird. Before they have sent me an email if payment doesnt work and then I just "open" my card for an hour and it goes through. Ordered from MVM now instead.

They charged it last night. You only get that email after 3 unsuccessful attempts at taking payment. Unusual for three attempts to be made overnight though, they're usually done over about 48 hours.
Just checked my account, and there is a charge there from amazon for about that much, I'm guessing it's simply because it was originally scheduled for release this monday, and not because it's actually on it's way soon?

On that note, both Promised Neverland and Demon Slayer are still scheduled for release on monday, if they were to be delayed would we have been notified already, i.e. have they ever announced a delay this close to release before?

Just checked my account, and there is a charge there from amazon for about that much, I'm guessing it's simply because it was originally scheduled for release this monday, and not because it's actually on it's way soon?
Amazon only charge upon preparation for dispatch. I'm also in Ireland so it should ship tomorrow.

Back