UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I think their site is down.

EDIT: They said in a reply to someone there is no plans for Index, Railgun etc so that really sucks for me.

Well damn. Guess I'm ordering it from America then when Christmas roles around. I've been holding out a bit to see if they did anything with Index at least (Railgun I expect a bit of wait as it only just finished).

Manga made me had no choice to import Sarazanmai.
Their shounen/isekai only memo is just selfish and disrespectful to non shounen fans.

Heck they aren't even consistent about it as didn't get Isekai Quartet yey
20201030_134139.jpg

I do think if Sarazanmai by an acclaimed director gets skipped anything slightly similar will get skipped, it’s depressing especially if Sony buys CR means hopes of Given getting UK release dies too.

But even jump shows get ignored why haven’t we got re releases of AssClass when we got Prison School and DXD BorN from ALs partnership reprinted
To be fair AssClass was released twice by AL the second time coming not long before all this happened so Manga probably dont see the value in another set so soon.

Hi guys

Could anyone update me on Hunter X Hunter part 1
It states episodes 1-24 yet part 2 states 14-26 the artwork states to be finalised (mvm)
So I could be worrying for nothing.

Looks like they've just slapped the logos onto the US sets art to me (the US Part 1 was 1-13 and Part 2 was 14-26 before they changed it to include more episodes per release from Part 3 onwards). Our Part 1 should be 1-26, Part 2 should be 27-58 and Part 3 59-88.

Edit - Actually if you go look at the blog they posted today then Part 2 is indeed listed as 27-58.

Last edited:
Indeed, it's the same for me. I would love to own a lot of the recent Manga titles, but the SRP has not discounted well across all retailers. United Publications is the closest and it still doesn't feel like it hits the right range. The £29.99 SRP works because titles like Quintuplets can reach a range like £17 new day one on UP1 or MVM's AOL sale.

There's also the case where a niche title like Kemono Michi (which I really enjoyed watching for the most part) is not going to get the high sales at £39.99 SRP.
prices are as consistent as their spines

on AOL for comparison the Fairy Tail collections 1-2,4-5 are £31.99, 3,6-11 are £27.99 and then Zero & TFC parts 1-4 are £24.49 each

yes i know the collections have 24 episodes and the last 5 are 10-14 episodes but the point is that their pricing is still all over the place but atleast with collections 1 and 2 you can get them for £15 elsewhere tho sadly they didn't reprint them in the newer formatting so they'll still look out of place

it would've been nice if they had released all of them in a boxset together for a better all in one price

So, despite thinking it was higher, Black Clover complete season 2 is going, on AoL, for £34.99 and subject to their current offer so its currently £27.99.

Are there two different versions of Black Clover season 1 complete collection? Two completely different images on MVM and Zavvi.

The Zavvi one is much cheaper 🤔

Are there two different versions of Black Clover season 1 complete collection? Two completely different images on MVM and Zavvi.

The Zavvi one is much cheaper 🤔
Nah the Zavvi one is the tentative artwork that their site never updated to. The correct version is the fat case style (which I do own for reference).

Surprised that Black Clover Season 2 is £49.99 SRP when the press release said otherwise (thank god, because that was a massive oof otherwise).

Why would anyone even bother buying the Black Clover part sets when they immediately sell the complete sets so cheap?
i don't really understand the point of part sets either, it's probably financially better to produce the sets in 1 box with 3x50bds instead of 2 cases and 2 sets of 25bd and 50bd

On the other hand Funimation almost charges twice the amount for parts: $64.98 each instead of $69.98 combined.
And as authoring (incl testing) and creating new glass masters also requires money involved, they just reuse the old discs for the complete releases.

Note that authoring and testing is the main reason for UK releases just copying US or AU discs in most cases.

Looks like they've just slapped the logos onto the US sets art to me (the US Part 1 was 1-13 and Part 2 was 14-26 before they changed it to include more episodes per release from Part 3 onwards). Our Part 1 should be 1-26, Part 2 should be 27-58 and Part 3 59-88.

Edit - Actually if you go look at the blog they posted today then Part 2 is indeed listed as 27-58.

It is as you say, just got confirmation on this too.

Nah the Zavvi one is the tentative artwork that their site never updated to. The correct version is the fat case style (which I do own for reference).

Surprised that Black Clover Season 2 is £49.99 SRP when the press release said otherwise (thank god, because that was a massive oof otherwise).
Thank you for letting me know 😃🥳

Back