UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Japan is really treating it to a sequel to the films with similar box art among other things. I am already importing the FUNi one as I want to see it come February but it will be disappointing if AL don’t get it.

So, do we reckon that Manga's Code Geass R2 release will end up being intact like Kaze's was, unlike the previous Beez version that apparently had a one-second cut made to an episode?

(You remember, that one time when the BBFC saved us all from turning into paedophiles.)

So, do we reckon that Manga's Code Geass R2 release will end up being intact like Kaze's was, unlike the previous Beez version that apparently had a one-second cut made to an episode?
Gonna guess intact. Much as I still don’t agree with their existence, whoever’s rating things for the BBFC these days seems to pass pretty much anything, I can’t even remember the last time anything (at least anime wise) was cut. I think they’ve found their true calling just raking in the cash from their legally mandated service.

Valkyrie Drive Mermaid
Ah, yeah, missed that one. Since the characters’ ages being mentioned is what seemed to bother the BBFC so much, it’s kind of a shame whoever submitted it didn’t attempt to get around it by cutting any instances the characters’ ages were mentioned from the vocal tracks and inserting someone (preferably Ben Stein or Al Gore) deadpanning “EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD”.

Ah, yeah, missed that one. Since the characters’ ages being mentioned is what seemed to bother the BBFC so much, it’s kind of a shame whoever submitted it didn’t attempt to get around it by cutting any instances the characters’ ages were mentioned from the vocal tracks and inserting someone (preferably Ben Stein or Al Gore) deadpanning “EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD”.
I just find it funny how Anime Limited were against releasing it and then out of nowhere they (and Funimation) attempt to bring it over here. Granted it would have benefited Marvelous Europe because it's a multimedia project title (i.e. has an anime series and video game), but in the end it was too much. Luckily the Essentials release is cheap (though region locked). Senran Kagura Shinovi Master may get a mini cut due to little Kagura but other than that, that series would land fine over here.

it’s kind of a shame whoever submitted it didn’t attempt to get around it by cutting any instances the characters’ ages were mentioned from the vocal tracks and inserting someone (preferably Ben Stein or Al Gore) deadpanning “EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD”
That's a great image. 😆

The thing about BBFC classifications, though, is that doesn't that old ruling still stand, regardless of distributor or whose video assets are used?

I suppose, though, thinking about it, Manga would have to BBFC the R2 extras that were absent from the Kaze version. Does that mean they have to submit the entire disc contents for viewing, including the series itself, which has already been classified? 🤔

That's a great image. 😆

The thing about BBFC classifications, though, is that doesn't that old ruling still stand, regardless of distributor or whose video assets are used?

I suppose, though, thinking about it, Manga would have to BBFC the R2 extras that were absent from the Kaze version. Does that mean they have to submit the entire disc contents for viewing, including the series itself, which has already been classified? 🤔
Manga tends to re-rate releases anyway, for instance Hellsing Ultimate and My Hero Academia Season 1 were re-rated when they didn't need to (well except for Volumes 9-10 of course for HU).

What I am learning here is that Code Geass was censored for the UK but the release was actually not. Good on them I guess :p
All you need to know right here:

Back