Which anime has moved you the most?

yeah 5 second is really good in second episode i thought it would be a love triangle that ended up with someone being left alone but it didn't

What does "shipped" mean in that context? Is it a "yoof" term I'm too old and unhip to know about?

LoveCom is a good call, though. There's some exceedingly sweet moments in that story.

Also Yotusba! A happier, more joyful manga I have never read. And it's sincere with its sentiments, too.

I second yotsuba&!, also reminds me to mention bunny drop which also incredibly moving in its own sweet way, hopefully the anime, next season, will live up to the manga.

Grave of the Fireflies, Only Yesterday... actually anything by Ghibli usually gets me emotional.

The ending of Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise and Time of Eve.

The early episodes of Master Keaton are great humanist stories.

Yotsuba& and Kino's Journey because they are so brilliant.

Grave of the Fireflies [/thread]

As for life-changing, Fullmetal Alchemist (particularly the manga and Brotherhood) has helped shape quite a few of my philosophies. Code Geass R2 was a very touching series overall, what with understanding Charles' motivations, and how others viewed his actions and ultimately Zero Requiem.

Wandering Son was just...fantastic all the way through. No particular moments I could outline, it was all well executed.

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
What does "shipped" mean in that context? Is it a "yoof" term I'm too old and unhip to know about?
Dude, seriously? That term has been around for time! Cetainly from back when I was in X-Files fandom.

'ship coming from "relationship", actively cheering on/pretending that there is/etc a relationship between two characters.

People can say what they like about the movie version of Akira, but the final scenes in the Streamline Pictures dub bring a lump to my throat. Cam Clarke and Lara Cody get MAJOR props for that.

And if the movie made me feel a bit emotional, you don't wanna see the gushing, tearful mess the final volume of the manga made me. If you read that and keep the friendship theme in mind, it'll slaughter you.

animefreak17 said:
if i watch a anime that is sad i dont watch it again example grave of the fireflys

That. Such a fricking sad film. Fruits basket really moved me too. Especially the end & the episode with Kisa.

Heartnet said:
animefreak17 said:
if i watch a anime that is sad i dont watch it again example grave of the fireflys

That. Such a fricking sad film. Fruits basket really moved me too. Especially the end & the episode with Kisa.
my lil sister loves Fruits basket when she finished it she was crying and she asked if the was a season 2 and i had difficulties telling her there wasn't. she loves Fruits basket, i like it cause its funny.
iv watched chrono crusade and let me tell you that anime would move mountains that how moved i was.

animefreak17 said:
Heartnet said:
animefreak17 said:

my lil sister loves Fruits basket when she finished it she was crying and she asked if the was a season 2 and i had difficulties telling her there wasn't. she loves Fruits basket, i like it cause its funny.
iv watched chrono crusade and let me tell you that anime would move mountains that how moved i was.

Get her the manga it basically continues straight from that. The animation only covered the first 6 vols if barely that

Otaku-san said:
animefreak17 said:
Heartnet said:
animefreak17 said:

Get her the manga it basically continues straight from that. The animation only covered the first 6 vols if barely that
shes seen the manga

Back