UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I have poped over to Virgin megastores in Birmingham and most DVD's are now priced between £12.99-£14.99. Not sure if it's the same for every Virgin megastores, but its worth a try to check it out. Also HMV has a few DVD's for £10, but not many though.

Strawberry said:
I have poped over to Virgin megastores in Birmingham and most DVD's are now priced between £12.99-£14.99. Not sure if it's the same for every Virgin megastores, but its worth a try to check it out.
Both the central London Stores have this going on, so it seems to be complete reprice scheme, JOY. :) They are also selling GitS 2nd gig vol 1 & 2 fo £7.99

Lots of sales about this weekend, if you know where to look.
Borders are doing one of thier clear out sales, and saw Eva (old version) Nadesico, Dia Guard and Bubblegum crisis 20** (never could remeber numbers) DVD's for about £5.99 each and some of the Manga old and crud series ... sorry The Collection series for about £3 each.
HMV sale has some but not many here
And everywhere has Ghibi films got a tenner or less.

Not sure if these count or if they have been mentioned before, but HMV have Akira (£7.99), Appleseed (£7.99), Perfect Blue (£7.99), Mettropolis (£6.99) and Ghost in the Shell (£8.99) UMD movies on sale in their stores and on their website.

Not really a sale item, but for anyone who's interested (and doesn't mind importing) Singapore based anime company Odex have just released a Monster boxset, containing the first 12 eps of the series complete with English subs!

Copies are available from their webstore, which can be found at this location - http://www.popular.com.sg/jsp/product/product_detail.jsp?vca001=0&vpd001=61240

The lack of a dub may concern some, but with chances of the series being picked up for US/UK distribution looking slimmer and slimmer I'll be picking up a copy ASAP. Payday can't come soon enough!

Yep, it's legit. Odex is an official anime licensor based out of Singapore who have just re-entered the anime market after a lenghty hiatus. If you're still in any doubt, just check out this news story from ANN - that should clear up any doubt concerning the legitimacy of the release.

Well that's good to hear. If you do pick up the Monster DVD can you give a quick review of the Subtitle and video quality when you get it. I'm not all the bothered about a dub as long as the subtitles are good quality. :)

I know this has been mentioned a few times already as it's being deleted and all but I saw Nadesico in Music Zone today for £3.79 a disc. Plus they were having a 10% off everything day. At that price I nearly bought them all as I'd prefer the individual discs (for reasons unknown) as opposed to the six pack I bought.

Also GITS SAC 1 seven quid a piece in HMV.

Boogiepop Phantom is on sale on play.com for £5.99. I've heard good things about this series and at that price its got to be a good buy.

Not for everyone I know, but Madman (Australia's main anime supplier) is having a 10yr celebration sale. One lot is seemingly a normal sale as shown here, but the e-mail i got says some more intresting
Madman's Crazy 10th Anniversary
$10 a Disc Online Sale!!

There is a reason they call us Mad, and why not - it's our 10th Anniversary, and we want to share the insanity, so we've saved the best birthday surprise for last - try this on for size:

On November 4th, all Madman discs in our online store from 10pm are $10 for 10 hours!

Madman fans, your moment has come! This is a once in a decade sale, for ALL DVD items, including Anime, Eastern Eye, Directors Suite, Sports and TV. In true Anime style you could call it a Supa-powa-deca-MAD-insane sale! Or just shout "BARGAINS DESU!" repeatedly!

You've got under a week to plan your purchases, so hop on the site and check it out, but please bear in mind this important fine print:

The sale is $10 PER DISC - for example a 7 disc Collection will be $70. Only valid for IN-STOCK ITEMS. Preorders will not count. Please allow for additional processing and delivery time after the sale.

How do you take part in this madness? Just login after 10pm on November 4 and all eligible items will be discounted! For an overview, view the sale page!
This could be interesting ... and not so expensive ($10 = £4) :D

Back