The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Jiindama said:
I've just picked up Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ultimate Tin Box Collection for £44.

Now I can finally find out what all the fuss is about with regards to it.

You'll either love it or hate it, or maybe just walk away confused. After you watched the series though its recommended that you look into End of Evangelion to complete the whole thing off (well so far not counting the new movies coming out)

But that's a nice price for that, i paid just a little more then that when it came out brand new.

Ordered last night:

Gundam 00 Special Edition I: Celestial Being DVD. - Was almost pursuaded to get the Blu-Ray instead, but realised i have no Blu Ray player bar me brothers PS3 ;p

After learning that Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is finally being reprinted in Japan, I placed an order for some Ashinano stuff:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, volumes 1 & 2.
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou novel.
Kabu No Isaki, volumes 1 & 2.

The reprinted volumes of YKK have new covers so I thought it worth replacing my current volume 1 as I plan to get all the new volumes as they're released.

pickup25.jpg

Latest pick ups! Yen Plus (October & November), Soul Eater vol. 1 manga and Darker Than Black 3&4. I wasn't expecting to get Darker Than Black 3&4 this week with the postal strike. Luckily it arrived just before :D Love HMV. Sadly my Sword of the Stranger dvd hasn't shipped yet :(

ilmaestro said:
Maltos said:
After learning that Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is finally being reprinted in Japan
:eek:

I did not know this. I need to flesh out a manga order.
It's brilliant news, especially considering I've had trouble trying to track down several volumes. It also gives me hope that they might reprint the artbook!
Plus the new covers are very nice:

ejcvpv.jpg
2z3tjrs.jpg

And they even match the Kabu No Isaki covers :thumb:

It's great that they're being reprinted. Really great. And those new covers are beautiful. But I have seven of the old look volumes.

T_T

I think you should see this as the perfect opportunity to grab the other seven that have eluded you.
And you never know; they might be so nice that you have the overwhelming urge to replace your current seven, as well. :wink:

Jiindama said:
I've just picked up Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ultimate Tin Box Collection for £44.

Now I can finally find out what all the fuss is about with regards to it.

you wont regret it, its still the anime that had the most profound affect on me
no lie

Captowen said:
The Place Promised in our Early Days

my first dip into the Shinkai series

anyone a fan?
Yes. And a very good first dip that is! Though, in my opinion, you can't really go wrong with any of Shinkai's stuff. If you enjoy it, 'Place Promised...' will also be a nice taster for 5 Cenitmeters Per Second which is being released next year, and is my personal favourite.

I bought... a bookcase. :D

So nothing "new" technically, but I can actually unpack the boxes of books I sent back from Japan. ^_^

Captowen said:
The Place Promised in our Early Days

my first dip into the Shinkai series

anyone a fan?
Only to the extent that his movies are my absolute favorite animated movies of all time. ^_^

Place Promised... is my favorite overall.

Not bought anything new for a couple of days, but I am waiting for enough stuff to give the postman a hernia pity it is all sat in a sorting office somewhere (and with my luck one of the last to sort things out after the strikes).

Back