Stackry (re-shipping/import) infomation/guides

SkwigglesWorth

Magical Girl
Orginally posted in the Anime I bought today as it was kind of a responce from that thread, but figured a seprate thread would be best.

My 2nd Sentia order was recieved at stackry a few weeks back, but I was sorting / waiting to see if sentai dispatched the final item that got missed off (but it was OOP and OOS) so they seemed happy to cancel the one item and send a refund.
So I finally decided to get my parcel processed and shipped. but i took a few screen shots.

So mini guide not all in detail and only for 1 parcel from sentai (so no consolidation):
I haven't tried doing anything via Crunchyroll yet, but there sounds like there a few extra thing you have to do to get it working

So create account with stackry
Stackry will then give you a US address, probably something like this (I assume its all the same building in the same state but honestly haven't checked):

Your Name
### Amherst St.
Unit 00000000
Nashua
NH (New Hampshire)
Zip Code

Whilst in stackry go to "my account" > "my addresses" and add your UK/home address

Next step
Create or login to your Sentai Account,
Add your US address that Stackry gave you to your addresses.
NOTE: my UK address is also in there as even with PayPal I think it asked for my billing address (So I would make your US stackry address your default, but there not gonna ship it to your UK address so I assume it'll kick out an error before that happened)
You might not even need to add them it might just add them for you when you make an order (but that's what i did first time, just to make sure).

So then find the sentai stuff you want and make an order and have it sent to the US stackry address, and if it ask for billing then you can add your UK address. I just payed with PayPal and another thing to note is order size and weight may effect shipping cost (I'm guessing adding the food war season 3 or/and 4) delux edition is gonna increase shipping cost due to size.
I tend to aim for an order around $120, it possible if you go over a certain amount you are more likley to incur import fees.
PLEASE NOTE: For my sentai order my Stackry address rememebers addresses country as CANADA not the USA so please correct if it does this too you too and check all the other details are correct too and not blank

Next step
Wait for parcel to arrive at stackry or impatiently watch the sentai tracking infomation, but when stackry recived they will send out an email of parcel recived at your locker notification + some photos weight and size (it might even go into the "save shipment" section once photo's and weight is done")

Next step
I'm pretty sure when you first do this there is an automated guide running you through each step so probably best to just let it run you through it. and only really this info as an aid if needed.

Get your parcel processed so they can ship it out.
I add all the Customs infomation first whilst it's still in the saved shipments. I just one for one my each item so "blu-ray" quantity of 1 and then the price I paid for it.

stackry 2.png
So with the customs info added, because I only have the one parcel and have no plans to consolidate multiple parcels I just go through the process of getting it processed (in save items I think there is an expand option, click it to expand then there should be a tick box on the left for selecting which parcels you want to start processing, click the parcels you want) then there should be something that say something like complete or process parcels

Ok i didn't take a screen shot of step 1 of 4, I assume it was personal info or super simple (I assume it your UK address stuff, but last night was too long ago for my amazing memory to remember)
Or it could have been a screen with do you want to consolidate multiple packages (in my case this was no and I chose the Free option of don't consolidate and no extra packaging stuff, so just resend the pacel with no extra's, but this option is upto you)

but step 2 of 4 is just bring up the custom infomation (give it one last check over that it matches the sentia order)
EDIT:
Also when you type in "Blu-ray" in the genral description it will have a box under it say what it think this description fits under best for the HS/custom code stuff (have a quick read and make sure its sound like it the right catagory)
Sound like you might need to choose/ stackry might be pushing for the option of "I wish to enter the HS code for my items". Haven't done this myself yet but I can only assume its tick the box and add the correct HS code, and then of course fill in the boxes of general description, quantity and price per unit as before.

Quote from NormanicGravs post below with HS codes for likley items you've bought:
Recently they have asked the user to apply the Harmonised System codes to the individual items. If you're ordering a 4K UHD, Blu-ray or DVD, the code is 8523.49.1000 (or 8523.4910.00 like the GOV site). For video games, the code is 9504.90.8000.

stackry 3.png

step 3 pick which service you want to use (For the most part it recomended you chose "Global mail Direct" as then our end/UK delivery will likley be Evri, which seem less likley to incur import charges)
stackry 4.png

Step 4
Payment option and stuff
You will probably have to tick the "Export license notice" to proceed as well
Assuming everything looks correct (so your UK home address and parcel cost and service your using look correct and the right price) do all the payment ect. and after that it should move out of the "saved items" section and into the "processing"
stackry 5.png

And from then on it's wait for parcel to arrive in UK and then doorstep,
Of course there no garuntees on there won't be import charges, but I didn't get any on my first time using and from various post around the forum it was stick to under a certain amount in value per parcel and use "global mail direct" and if sending mutliple package you might want to leave a bit of a gap in time between them both (so customs don't recieve them at the same time and then add the totals together)

And if your a first time user you may as well grab referal codes from people on here (both parties get a discount)

The account creation stuff was few month back so its possible i've missed stuff or just skipped over it a bit

EDIT: i'm not sure its really that mini anymore.

Last edited:
Nice guide. Bonus information below based on my experiences having used Stackry since August.

Since the start I've successfully had packaged delivered to Stackry from Rightstuf (now discontinued), Crunchyroll Store, Sentai Store and eBay US, all of which I've had no issues.

For Crunchyroll Store, I did use PayPal which kept the UK billing address while the shipping address was Stackry's which thankfully didn't impact the order so it went through fine. I haven't tried Monzo yet but I know that Rightstuf had no problems with it (other than they had to verify the card which was annoying).

For Sentai Store, they didn't accept my Monzo card due to the postal code so I used PayPal which worked fine.

In terms of packages carrying a lot of weight, Global Mail Direct is still an option, but instead of DHL passing the package over to Evri they instead passed it onto YunExpress and Royal Mail, but there were no custom troubles.

Recently they have asked the user to apply the Harmonised System codes to the individual items. If you're ordering a 4K UHD, Blu-ray or DVD, the code is 8523.49.1000 (or 8523.4910.00 like the GOV site). For video games, the code is 9504.90.8000. While this is now applied by the user, this won't affect your package journey. If you used Stackry in the past and are worried about whether you used the right code, you can check your previous orders and view the invoice which has the HS code for those items there to help you.

I always go for Extra Packaging & Protection and Consolidation whenever needed be since it's only a few dollars each.

Thanks for the handy Stackry guide.
It was so fundamental overwhelming for me, when I made a Stackry account as I was scared that I will get overcharged for delivery or that I face a expensive import fee charge.

Some questions.
Is it okay to just ship one Blu-Ray aka Nanoha S1/ Bocchi BD without additional orders. How much delivery cost just for one Blu-Ray.

Will the delivery service price increase, the more anime BDs I put in, for example if I did a City Hunter/Cats Eye BD Haul, will that increase significantly.

I think I will try using the Stackry service soon, mainly for Discotek BDs.

Shipping one item should be fine assuming the order is still tracked, but keep in mind free delivery from Sentai and other requires the order to be a certain amount (say over $75), but if you willing to pay that delivery charge as well then should be fine.

So my two orders from sentai both came in a 6 x 6 x 8 inch box.
First was 3lb (Dimensional weight was 2lb but I don't think this come into play for working out shipping cost) and cost £19.46 for postage via Global mail (8 blu-ray 1 of which is 4+ disc & one is a CE (Ahiru sora S1-4))
Second was 2lb and cost £16.96 for postage via Global mail (7 blu-ray case 2 of which are 4 way disc cases i think)

1lb = 453g

So really not much in it, but if I had to guess that £16.96 might be there lowest shipping price but still possible they have a lower price for smaller items. but I havent done any order that small, maybe some other users have checked on smaller hauls.
Also I'm not sure what kinda of packaging items come in for one item, it might not be a box, and this may lead to you wanting them to repackage said item.

When I looked at repackaging for my first order (the 3lb package) I read it as repackaging cost was £4.19 and then bubble wrap was £4-5 and I thought it implied to re-package it would cost both the £4.19 + £4-5 so I just went for no re-packaging (so to an extent there is some risk there), but I was testing and I figured if things get damaged its probably a case and I'll just have to buy some new ones.
But the sentai box is reasonably sturdy (maybe not the thickeest card though), but probably not all that much padding between box and blu-ray (I don't rememeber any bubble wrap).
So box + 1 burst plastic bubble (so basically a small plastic bag) and the blu-rays, so probably gonna get so movment of items (but the box is usually good enough (my 2 orders like this have had no damage to contence and no loose discs, but maybe im just lucky))
20240208_133152.jpg
But someone who has used the re-packaing service is probably better explaining the extra cost and how they do it (as far as im aware the do re-package your good well)

Aslo 2nd items should be fine from the same retail assuming they get sent in the same order, if it multiple parcels (2 from the same retailer or say 1 from sentia and one from crunchy) then you will have to consolidate the multiple package in to one and there is a fee for that and possible you then also look into the other re-packaging cost as well. But again not something i've tried yet, like you I was a little unsure on the process so I just kept it simple.

Last edited:
Apparently USPS tried to deliver a parcel to Stackry today, but they were closed? I expected the Stackry to just have a receiving area where the delivery people would just drop stuff off. It is odd that they need to have staff to receive parcels for reshipping.

Apparently USPS tried to deliver a parcel to Stackry today, but they were closed? I expected the Stackry to just have a receiving area where the delivery people would just drop stuff off. It is odd that they need to have staff to receive parcels for reshipping.
Yeah Stackry are not there on the weekend, already had that happen on my first stackry order. They just re-deliver on Monday, but if you want to check for your self, you might get email updates or you can check sentai's tracking but I rememeber seeing something saying will try redeliver next working day or monday or something (assuming its sentai, I would hope crunchy roll has some tracking you can check too though)

Yeah Stackry are not there on the weekend, already had that happen on my first stackry order. They just re-deliver on Monday, but if you want to check for your self, you might get email updates or you can check sentai's tracking but I rememeber seeing something saying will try redeliver next working day or monday or something (assuming its sentai, I would hope crunchy roll has some tracking you can check too though)
I'm just surprised they need to be there and don't have a drop off point for the weekend.

Goin to try and use stackery method for first time and order from sentai, so setup my sentai account and my stackery account, gone into stackery and changed my address, but the address i use for sentai is the address for stackery when i first login and shows me an adress?

Yeah, when you login on Stackry it shows you the address on the left in the dashboard.

Essentially everyone who uses Stacky will have almost an identical address except for the Unit number. The Unit number just refers to your PO box to differentiate you from every other Stackry user.

Yeah, when you login on Stackry it shows you the address on the left in the dashboard.

Essentially everyone who uses Stacky will have almost an identical address except for the Unit number. The Unit number just refers to your PO box to differentiate you from every other Stackry user.
Ahh ok makes sense
So i dont need to input the locker number amywhere on sentai's site?

I'm trying Stackry for the first time as well. I've ordered Blu Rays from the Sentai store and the CR store. I wasn't able to use Global Mail (maybe because my items need to be shipped to the Netherlands), so I've decided to use Aramex instead. Now I'll just have to wait.

Back