Dekai Anime in Liquidation

Jay2021

Great Teacher
I cannot believe it - I found the following message on Dekai Anime's website just now:

We are sorry to inform you that the business has ceased to trade with immediate effect.

The directors are taking steps to place the company into liquidation. All customers with outstanding orders will be contacted by the duly appointed liquidators in due course.

In the meantime, we would encourage any customers with outstanding orders paid via credit/debit card to follow their card issuers chargeback process. Customers who paid via PayPal who paid within the last 180 days should raise a dispute against the non-received item(s) on their order. Customers who paid via PayPal over 180 days ago should follow their card issuer chargeback process.

Further updates will be provided following the formal appointment of the liquidators.

I cannot believe it - I found the following message on Dekai Anime's website just now:

We are sorry to inform you that the business has ceased to trade with immediate effect.

The directors are taking steps to place the company into liquidation. All customers with outstanding orders will be contacted by the duly appointed liquidators in due course.

In the meantime, we would encourage any customers with outstanding orders paid via credit/debit card to follow their card issuers chargeback process. Customers who paid via PayPal who paid within the last 180 days should raise a dispute against the non-received item(s) on their order. Customers who paid via PayPal over 180 days ago should follow their card issuer chargeback process.

Further updates will be provided following the formal appointment of the liquidators.
Just to add that I spoke to PayPal about my pre-orders with Dekai Anime. I received a refund for one item and they have opened two cases on my behalf. I need to refer one further item to my card issuer.

I just received an email today from the company in charge of liquidation. Did you end up getting refunded via PayPal/your issuer for anything you ordered? I have one order open for 2 items that I bought via PayPal and have just raised a claim via their Resolution Center - just wondering if that's likely to work or if I should claim via the Liquidators instead...

From my experience when Axelmusic abruptly vanished, it's best to go through credit card chargeback or Paypal dispute. You might get something back via the liquidator but it might not amount to 100%, or even a small portion of what you're owed. I got 100% of the money back in that case via Paypal, it just took a while to persuade them with a dossier full of evidence.

R

I just received an email today from the company in charge of liquidation. Did you end up getting refunded via PayPal/your issuer for anything you ordered? I have one order open for 2 items that I bought via PayPal and have just raised a claim via their Resolution Center - just wondering if that's likely to work or if I should claim via the Liquidators instead...
Yes - I received full refunds for three out of four items. Because my fourth item was pre-ordered July 2023, I need to apply for a chargeback via VISA

Further update:

I have completed my chargeback form online. Apparently, it will take my card issuer up to 8 weeks to assess my claim.

If you are planning to go down this route, make sure to have plenty of evidence to hand i.e. copies of correspondence from Dekai and from their liquidator, invoices from Dekai and payment statements from Paypal and lastly, the Dekai's 'business has ceased to trade with immediate effect' notice from their website.

Back