"But we're both girls!" - The Yuri Thread

mystery yuri visual novel Kudan no Folklore is getting a physical release in Japan on Dec 21, which will include English, Japanese and Chinese text. you can check out the official site here

F4MffeDbgAA2ML3.jpeg
Gossips around town spoke of a Folklore (urban legend) called 'Kudan'
It is said that 'Kudan' takes the form of a woman wearing Western mourning dress. She lacks a right wrist, and her face is hidden behind a black veil.
It is predicted that those who lay eyes on 'Kudan', within 7 days calamity will befall them.

Through strange coincidence, 16 years old Kudan Sakuya meets cooking class instructor Shima Touko.
---As they come in contact with each other, faint feelings grow between the two.
However, as Touko happened to come across the fearful 'Kudan', her peaceful everyday life came to an end. As each day passed, 'Kudan' kept creeping closer to her. Sakuya tries her best to protect her and attempts to find countermeasures.

At Kudan Girls High School, there's a club that focused on studying folklore. Together with the Mystery Research Club president, Akinashi Koto, Sakuya will take on the unknown Folklore so as to protect her loved one.

I swear Blackwell's are the only competent store left in this country when it comes to less mainstream manga/light novels. I had a preorder in for MagiRevo vol 5 at Forbidden Planet. The day of release came with absolutely no sign of them getting stock, so as it's one of my favourite series I double dipped on digital so I could read it on release. I then figured "well I've read it now, my paper copy will come when it comes".

Ahem, fast forward three and a half weeks later and they STILL don't have it, what's more it doesn't even appear in search results on the site anymore. I check Amazon, nothing except imports from 3rd parties. Guess what? While they still didn't get it on release, Blackwell's had 10+ copies in stock. Cancelled my "preorder" and just ordered it from there. I wish this were the first time this had happaned, but it happens literally every time I preorder something that isn't Viz and every time it's Blackwell's that saves me. The reason I hadn't preordered from Blackwell's much before was their slow delivery times, but if all the other options are just gonna be total clowns anyway and not even bother to get stock then I may as well use them exclusively from now on.

Seriously though, a company whose main purpose is being a comic books/manga retailer is being outdone on every front by a bookstore primarily known for selling university textbooks. That's just embarrassing.

I swear Blackwell's are the only competent store left in this country when it comes to less mainstream manga/light novels. I had a preorder in for MagiRevo vol 5 at Forbidden Planet. The day of release came with absolutely no sign of them getting stock, so as it's one of my favourite series I double dipped on digital so I could read it on release. I then figured "well I've read it now, my paper copy will come when it comes".

Ahem, fast forward three and a half weeks later and they STILL don't have it, what's more it doesn't even appear in search results on the site anymore. I check Amazon, nothing except imports from 3rd parties. Guess what? While they still didn't get it on release, Blackwell's had 10+ copies in stock. Cancelled my "preorder" and just ordered it from there. I wish this were the first time this had happaned, but it happens literally every time I preorder something that isn't Viz and every time it's Blackwell's that saves me. The reason I hadn't preordered from Blackwell's much before was their slow delivery times, but if all the other options are just gonna be total clowns anyway and not even bother to get stock then I may as well use them exclusively from now on.

Seriously though, a company whose main purpose is being a comic books/manga retailer is being outdone on every front by a bookstore primarily known for selling university textbooks. That's just embarrassing.

I love going to the Forbidden Planet store cuz of the 3 for 2 on all manga thing, but I generally agree with you, it's really frustrating and sad :(

On a lighter note I'm extremely excited for the upcoming unabridged audiobooks of "I'm in Love With the Villainess" 🥰

On a lighter note I'm extremely excited for the upcoming unabridged audiobooks of "I'm in Love With the Villainess" 🥰
Ah yes I saw the announcement for those and stuck it in the license thread. Really looking forward to it and honestly given the type of autism I have, listening to all of ILTV on loop may just end up replacing my podcasts once all five volumes have been done. And it's obviously a great move for accessibility that will expose more people to the series as well.

Ah yes I saw the announcement for those and stuck it in the license thread. Really looking forward to it and honestly given the type of autism I have, listening to all of ILTV on loop may just end up replacing my podcasts once all five volumes have been done. And it's obviously a great move for accessibility that will expose more people to the series as well.

I'm autistic too and I'm kinda like this with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series! But yes super excited as I haven't read it yet so this will be a great way to get stuck in! :)

They were licensing so much BL and danmei and so little yuri that I was losing faith in Seven Seas ever feeding us properly again, but as you may have already seen in the license thread, I think they just began their redemption arc. All is forgiven. I am well fed, I am sated I am happy. Fuuko! Fuuko is gonna be on my shelf, my precious girl who has never done anything wrong in her life! 😭F6fgmAMaQAEW6l9.jpeg

My Twitter followers have exploded since the ILTV anime came out. Apparently being very "normal" about that series all the time when its anime is airing is making me popular on yuri Twitter lol. I'll admit my intensity has gone up a little given all the new pictures I have to work with, but it's not a great deal more than I usually gush about it, it was already my favourite.

Back