Bloggers of AUKN - attention: because I have an idea! :)

Maxon said:
Thanks for the backtrack to my blog Paul. :)

It's a bit of a shame the person who commented on it is an idiot.

No problem, I've been going through a bit of a lull lately, but your article got me thinking again. And with regards to the criticism in the comment, it's all a part of daring to put your opinions out there, don't take it to heart.

Hey guys, I'm at the point now where I'm integrating Nakama Britannica into the site proper, take a look here:

http://www.animeuknews.net/#nakama

Hopefully this shall further increase exposure to your blogs etc. I just need to work out a way of doing it on the forums now too!

Paul said:
Hey guys, I'm at the point now where I'm integrating Nakama Britannica into the site proper, take a look here:

Hopefully this shall further increase exposure to your blogs etc. I just need to work out a way of doing it on the forums now too!

Paul, any idea when i click on my link in the RSS banner and through the site it takes me directly to the article without the sidebar etc? I've been racking my brain over wordpress on how to get it to display normally but it just isn't playing ball.

Nyu said:
Paul said:

Paul, any idea when i click on my link in the RSS banner and through the site it takes me directly to the article without the sidebar etc? I've been racking my brain over wordpress on how to get it to display normally but it just isn't playing ball.

It's the way you've set-up your word press template. In the sidebar code, there will be an IF statement removing the sidebar if you are viewing a specific post rather than the index.

Paul said:
Nyu said:
Paul said:

It's the way you've set-up your word press template. In the sidebar code, there will be an IF statement removing the sidebar if you are viewing a specific post rather than the index.

I've went into the sidebar.php file and couldn't see any line referring to a single post. Could it be i have to set it up in the sidebar widget in the wordpress control panel?

Thanks.

Go into your sidebar.php and look for a line like this:

Code:
if ( is_home() || is_page() ) {

The answer lies within these kinds of IF statements.

Paul said:

Code:

I can see them;

?php /* If this is the frontpage */ if ( is_home() || is_page() ) { ?>
<?php wp_list_bookmarks(); ?

I'm just unsure as to what i need to edit to enable my sidebar to appear on the articles. It's the only thing bugger me at the moment and the WP has been of little help.

Thanks.

Nyu said:
Paul said:

Code:

I can see them;

?php /* If this is the frontpage */ if ( is_home() || is_page() ) { ?>
<?php wp_list_bookmarks(); ?

I'm just unsure as to what i need to edit to enable my sidebar to appear on the articles. It's the only thing bugger me at the moment and the WP has been of little help.

Thanks.

Ahh, sorry Nyu. I just remembered something. If you want the sidebar to appear on pages, you'll have to visit their specific templates and include:

Code:
get_sidebar();

Look at index.php, see how they implement "get_sidebar();", then open "single.php" and include it in the same way.

Anyway guys, we now have a "Nakama Britannica" section at the bottom of the forums too - so now, if you make a new entry on your blogs, it'll appear across our "network". That's about all I can do now! Good luck! :) If you could add a Nakama Britannica link to your blogs, that would be great.

I really like the new blog section at the end of every page! "The End of the World" blog is a real gem, and I wouldn't have found it were it not for this new feature! ^_^

Also guys - if you are serious about being anime bloggers, try and get yourselves listed on this site too:

http://antenna.animeblogger.net/

It's another fairly popular anime blog aggregator that should accept your applications and allow you some further exposure to the proper anime blogging community.

Paul said:
This fad better not mean everyone stops posting threads on here ;)

Never! :lol: i'd never post about what i'm covering on here, i think many people would say it's the more boring side of anime but i would strongly disagree.

Paul said:
Also guys - if you are serious about being anime bloggers, try and get yourselves listed on this site too:

http://antenna.animeblogger.net/

It's another fairly popular anime blog aggregator that should accept your applications and allow you some further exposure to the proper anime blogging community.

Done and done 8)

Okay, so I've decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon! ^_^ I intend to blog about anime mainly, and then gaming and other things to a lesser extent! So, anyone got any ideas on what I could name my blog? I want it to be something from an anime, like Eva or Cowboy Bebop - something indentifible! Anyone got any ideas?

On the 3 most recent feed that is throughout the site, Am I the only one getting the problem that seems like the latest blog entry is being encoded wrongly or something.

Currently Paul entry
"Someone said anime isn't deep, Its just entertainment"

Looks like this
"Someone said “anime isn’t deep, it’s just entertainmentâ€Â

It's a problem I'm aware of, but it rather tricky to sort out. I intend to have a proper go tomorrow, but you are right, it is to do with character encoding (it needs to be UTF-8).

Hey, I don't mean any disrespect to Doberman Pharoh (I do actually quite like his sweets review blog) but I don't think it should really be included in the Nakama. It's about sweets afterall, and this is an anime site. It just doesn't seem right, really. Just a suggestion, though ^_^

Back