Aku no Hana (Flowers of Evil) release delayed in Japan

ConanThe3rd

Railgun
Flowers of Evil has had its first DVD/BR release knocked back to august in Japan due to "production issues".

The most obvious one being the fact that no one preordered it.

Re: The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

ConanThe3rd said:
Flowers of Evil has had its first DVD/BR release knocked back to august in Japan due to "production issues".

Wait, thats the anime that was made with rotroscoping and was hated by everyone because people are freaked out by the uncanny valley and other BS like that?.

Seriously anyone freaked out by the uncanny valley is a wuss as far as I'm concerned

Invisible Crane said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Wait, thats the anime that was made with rotroscoping and was hated by everyone because people are freaked out by the uncanny valley and other BS like that?.

Seriously anyone freaked out by the uncanny valley is a wuss as far as I'm concerned
The concept was sound; use rotoscoping to go "Yo dog, this **** be trippin' balls". The execution leaves a hell of a lot to be desired and as a result destroys any hope of the concept getting though.

I dont know whats so wrong about Flowers of Evil besides being completely different and great. I really enjoyed the show and i hope they make the second season like they have shown in the end of the final episode of the first season.

Most of the anime that air nowadays is pure crap full of girl and moe stuff and that is pure ****. I'm from the time when action and violent and bloody anime was a common thing but sadly, we barely can get that these days. Attack on titan for example was a great surprise having some of that and its being great. But if i look for the rest of the shows airing at the moment, Im just watching Blood Lad (nothing special until now but looks fun) and Genshiken 3 (cause i did enjoy the other seasons when they aired). Each year that goes by, I enjoy less and less new shows that air because they dont appeal anymore to me and to what i like in anime so Im just rewatching stuff lately that I have bought for the last years or download some old stuff that I did see long time ago.

This is a temporary thread, nothing to see here

bakum4tsu said:
I dont know whats so wrong about Flowers of Evil besides being completely different and great. I really enjoyed the show and i hope they make the second season like they have shown in the end of the final episode of the first season.

Most of the anime that air nowadays is pure crap full of girl and moe stuff and that is pure ****. I'm from the time when action and violent and bloody anime was a common thing but sadly, we barely can get that these days. Attack on titan for example was a great surprise having some of that and its being great. But if i look for the rest of the shows airing at the moment, Im just watching Blood Lad (nothing special until now but looks fun) and Genshiken 3 (cause i did enjoy the other seasons when they aired). Each year that goes by, I enjoy less and less new shows that air because they dont appeal anymore to me and to what i like in anime so Im just rewatching stuff lately that I have bought for the last years or download some old stuff that I did see long time ago.

What we could really do with is a better balance, you might not like moe but there's plenty of people that would say the same about blood and guts Anime.

Until such time that things pick up there's not going to be much risk taking

I'm glad I didn't get the HOTD OVA from Manga. Not only is Sentai's release on BD, but it's also dubbed and has an RRP of $9.98.

If I'd realised they were going to dub and release I'd of probably waited too, might double dip given it's low price

bakum4tsu said:
I dont know whats so wrong about Flowers of Evil besides being completely different and great. I really enjoyed the show and i hope they make the second season like they have shown in the end of the final episode of the first season
Just because something is not Moe **** doesn't mean it's automatically great.

I'm not attacking Flowers for trying to be different or, even being confrontational (though that "Nakamura-san, unf unf" nonsense was just asking to have your show 4chan'd to death), I'm attacking it because it sets itself up to execute on that, to be this thing that no one was counting on being as it was and to be great as a result and instead we got 13 episodes that artistically went the grand total of f'ing-well-nowhere and had frequent and egregious animation faults that would take me right out of the moment, something that was necessary given the choice to take real life and push it in your face like a night-soiled bin-bag, forcing you to absorb how horrific real life, especially real life in the school system, can end up.

It was all talk and no trousers and frankly speaking that's so much worse than being the one moe show fighting in the mosh pit of the damned with the 20 other shows of self same to not get my attention besides my small aggravation of "why are you not JoJo's part three, Neptunia?"

ilmaestro said:
You didn't actually watch the show, did you?
I saw enough (three, slow and irksome episodes) and kept tabs on blogs, etc to see if it would pull up from its nose dive. I don't need to see the whole car crash to know "that is a car crash, I should probably call 999".

Though I find the fact that they spent 13 episodes screwing around calling everyone who didn't like the show a pleb only to go to said plebs and come in, hands cupped and saying "Excuse me sir, can I have some more?" via median of flash forward utterly hilarious so as a comedy, an unintentional parody of a show so far up it's own **** it's a quantum impossibility, it works so much better.

I was saying my opinion like everyone else in here and I respect everyone tastes of course.

Regarding Aku no Hana, there's some shocking episodes around 8 and 9 and after that it just keeps getting better and better. I did love the heartbeat sound everytime the guy was trapped between the wall and a sword (sorry im not english and I dont know if theres a proper saying for this).

Spoils!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did love that part in the end of episode 12 when he was about to enter the girl's bedroom with the hearbeat sound going on. And then it ended!!! It was just too great.

The animation was weird at the moment but after episode 2 I was used to it and i loved the "real" sounds and the characters movements were so real, even more when they were running. I felt this show was complete unique. The story was not anything spectacular but it was a real story and it did suit great in the characters. I dont know if theres another show like this but if there is, just let me know.

Im reading the manga now and it look a bit different the drawings and i think I prefer the anime ones eheh Because they are more realistics and fit better the characters. In the manga they seem too much childish for the situation that the series goes around.

I've seen some bad rating reviews about the anime and some good ones too. One of the good ones was 2 days ago and it did surprise me.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/ ... episodes-1

Depiste saying 1 in the link its 1-13.

I know thats a personnal opinion but the guy gave everything rank A which shocked me lol

By the way, i love the ending despite being completely awkward. At first i though "what song is this..." and then it started to get into my mind even more because everytime it started, sh*t just happened or was about to and its like the "sh*t hit the fan" music lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowers of Evil sounds like something I might like. Will this eventually be dubbed you think?

-Danielle- said:
Flowers of Evil sounds like something I might like. Will this eventually be dubbed you think?
ADV picked it up so well see in the fullness of time. Kinda doubt it, myself if how it's been preforming in Japan is any indication.

Booooooo. I might just crunchyroll it or something one day when I'm by myself seeing as it's such a short anime I could clock it in one sitting seeing as I'm not allergic to sub, dubs just always been preference :p

I genuinely have no idea what Conan is saying. This must be how watching an episode of Lucky Star without being into anime/games must feel.

Split these posts since off apparently this piece of news did need a topic after all (sorry Rosencrantz, your post was relevant to both so I chose based on number of words devoted to each topic).

It's no surprise that something which looks less than beautiful (however good it is) wouldn't sell well, IMO. Blu-ray discs are expensive. It seems that nobody can be on the fence about this show though; some love it and despair at those who don't for missing the point, others vehemently hate it and keep posting the same single picture of Nakamura.

Personally, I do find it a little annoying when people assume the reason someone else doesn't like it is just down to the rotoscoping. I don't like it for plenty of other reasons - most of which would not be affected by a different animation style.

R

Rui said:
I genuinely have no idea what Conan is saying. This must be how watching an episode of Lucky Star without being into anime/games must feel.
R
Adv picked it up some weeks into it's run. I can not see them spending much on it release wise so a dub might be out of the question.

ConanThe3rd said:
Rui said:
R
Adv picked it up some weeks into it's run. I can not see them spending much on it release wise so a dub might be out of the question.

You mean Sentai Filmworks. ADV don't exist anymore.

kuuderes_shadow said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Rui said:
R

You mean Sentai Filmworks. ADV don't exist anymore.

I mean ADV

Running a texan ******** loophole doesn't stop you from being a prevailer of ********. It just gives you a stupider name.

ConanThe3rd said:
Running a texan ******** loophole doesn't stop you from being a prevailer of ********. It just gives you a stupider name.

Pretty sure I saw some recent announcements that put a few new release titles as being ADV aswell. I think we all know they pulled some shenanigans with their sell off, I assume we haven't had the conclusion of that ADV v's Funimation lawsuit yet?

As for Flowers of Evil, couldn't find any moving footage on youtube but the stills looked odd. I would say however I've read a few Manga and seen a few Anime where the art looked odd at first but soon grew on me.

Back