Zero Punctuation

Will-O'-The-Wisp

Cardcaptor
*Edited - this was original a thread just on the FF:XIII video, but there are plenty of other worth while videos "reviews" by him*

These are basically 5-10 minute game reviews by some witty, quick talking guy called Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw via The Escapist, who's funny video's have gotten quite popular on the net (and hated by people with no sense of humour) which covers the newest popular games

God of War III

Final Fantasy XIII

Alien Vs Predator

Bayonetta

Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare 2

Assassin's Creed 2

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Don't watch if you take anything that insults your favourite games to heart

I know he's meant to be funny but I found myself nodding in agreement with pretty much all of his points, so I didn't really find him particularly funny (in this instance) but more... a good observer.

I'm now catching up on a lot of the ones I haven't seen though, and yeah, thanks for reminding me this guy existed on this stupidly obscure website.

Some of his points were spot on, No involvement in the battle, story is slow as fuuu- and though i love vanille she is totally retarded at the best of times. But alas being a FF purist i still play this game, must be about... 15 hours or so in.

Zero Punctuation trolling your fandom? Most likely. Anyway, I already know he hates JRPGs and considering FF:XIII isn't exactly loved it's obvious he's going to rip this game apart. He can be funny, but I'm honestly more interested in the games he likes, he doesn't just accept mediocrity.

i like him, because he isn't easily impressed by lots of really popular titles, such as Call of Duty, i think he likes stuff with a more unique approach rather than realism

Can't say I've seen that one. Been a while since I've watched any of his reviews anyways. I have to be in a certain frame of mind to appreciate them.

He rather loved Batman: Arkham Asylum as well.

And, can I just ask the obvious: Why isn't this in the gamer discussion forum?

Jayme said:
And, can I just ask the obvious: Why isn't this in the gamer discussion forum?

It is now!

We watch Yahtzee's show every week in my household but more to see what ridiculous things he'll say than to care about his opinion - his insistence on reviewing games from genres he hates just to troll people makes him hard to take seriously as an actual reviewer. If I reviewed games in a biased way like that I'd score Gundam: Target in Sight higher than Uncharted 2, which would make an awful lot of people cry.

R

Yahtzee is awesome. His reviews aren't meant to be taken remotely seriously (though the sentiments he expresses, such as his utter disdain for JRPGs, are genuine) yet he still manages to rile people up. What do I care if he doesn't like the games I like? It's all good fun.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Yahtzee is awesome. His reviews aren't meant to be taken remotely seriously (though the sentiments he expresses, such as his utter disdain for JRPGs, are genuine) yet he still manages to rile people up. What do I care if he doesn't like the games I like? It's all good fun.
true, while i'm a massive Final Fantasy fan i did enjoy his FF13 review

fabricatedlunatic said:
What do I care if he doesn't like the games I like? It's all good fun.
Because, like anime, video game fandom is filled with ADD 12 year olds that don't stop and think that maybe, just maybe, they're being trolled and care too much.

I watch the guy's stuff now and again, but he's not the funniest reviewer out there because trolling loses its comedic value quickly.

You guys might be interested in this guy's anime reviews on YT:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r5GYRX22lbY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r5GYRX22lbY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He's another witty, fast-talking, swearing, British reviewer; one with the ability to judge what he views accurately. He pretty much copied the ZP style.

Back