YuYu Hakusho DVDs?

Sakimori

Magical Girl
Ok I looked around the forum but couldn't find this topic anywhere. What happened to the MVM DVD releases of YuYu Hakusho? They just stopped at volume 5. We also haven't heard anything from Revilation about a re launch. Anybody know whats going on in regards to this?

Because Yu Yu Hakusho is too awesome for UK re-release. [The reality is poor sales/lack of interest.] I have up to volume 5 and I'm pissed, because YYH was pretty good.

Funimation stopped their individual releases of it and started with sets of 13 episodes per volume.
If it ever gets a release here again it'll be through Revelation, in that form, I would expect.

I think volume 6 was scheduled but that went west Revealation replaced MVM as FUNimation's distributor and it seems continuing the Yu Yu Hakusho DVD releases didn't have the same priority as series like FMA or Fruit Baskets. I'm don't mind whether it is as indivual DVDs, , boxes sets or Naruto-style 13-episode packs so long the releases continue somehow.

It is at least good to know that I'm not the only one awaiting the resumption of the Yu Yu Hakusho releases. As there is no sign of that happening I've gone to the manga to continue the story (the Saint Beast plot concludes in volume 5 of the manga).

Ginji said:
I think volume 6 was scheduled but that went west Revealation replaced MVM as FUNimation's distributor and it seems continuing the Yu Yu Hakusho DVD releases didn't have the same priority as series like FMA or Fruit Baskets. I'm don't mind whether it is as indivual DVDs, , boxes sets or Naruto-style 13-episode packs so long the releases continue somehow.

It is at least good to know that I'm not the only one awaiting the resumption of the Yu Yu Hakusho releases. As there is no sign of that happening I've gone to the manga to continue the story (the Saint Beast plot concludes in volume 5 of the manga).

I see. Long series don't seam to do to well here. The only really long series that has released so far with barely any hitches is Fullmetal Alchemist. But your right, at least the manga isn't too hard to find :p

I doubt we'll see any more Yu Yu Hakusho unless it gets a TV airing, and if we it'll be the 13 episode sets, of which there are only due to be 8.

DaNiMe said:
Funimation stopped their individual releases of it and started with sets of 13 episodes per volume.
If it ever gets a release here again it'll be through Revelation, in that form, I would expect.
As I understand it, MVM still have the licence for YYH and there is not much chance we will see or hear from it again given how poorly it did.

Back