Your viewing journal

Shakugan no Shana III -FINAL- 4

Another amazing episode. I really am getting the "final season" and build up to war feel here. I loved how Margery sure got one hell of a mind raping there. Although I don't quite understand Yuji's logic "I want to save you, so I'll beat the **** out of you and kidnap you?" Also, I love how he happened to appear in front of Kazumi, unintentionally rubbing it in about how he chose Shana over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, can't remember which individual eps I've watched in the last couple of days, only two shows that stand out are...

Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon eps 1-4 (rewatch) - You might say "huh" to a rewatch of a show that is currently airing, but if you've been watching Horizon you might have more of an idea why.

The show has quickly lived up to its billing of having lots of characters and small details you need to pick up on, but more because of the way the information is presented (sort of all at once) than through any real complexity at this stage.

I was proper hype for this show in the build up to the new season, based on how the LNs had been represented to me, and the first episode left me no less intrigued, but hardly frothing at the mouth, either. After three episodes, I had it somewhere towards the bottom of this season's fare, and after the fourth episode I couldn't decide if it was the worst show, or the best.

Hence, full rewatch, paying more attention to time stamps, who is who amongst the adult characters and what they are up to, borderline actually taking notes.

And... it's really good, I think. I'm probably close to importing the BDs. Certainly encouraged me to actually read the first LN, and if that's as much better than the show as I'd expect, that would about do it.

You have to able to ignore some silliness in character design (although I do love Masazumi and Naomasa) and not the least annoying male lead I've ever seen, but I do think it is worth watching if the premise appeals to you.

Voice acting is through the roof, too, as you would expect from the cast list.

THE IDOLM@STER eps 11-13 - having been saving this show up to watch in bunches, quite pleased with the decision. :s 11-13 was the build up to the immense mid-season concert, and so many girls got a chance to shine. Miki, obviously, as the center of things kicked some serious ass, but they did a great job of spreading the love around. Can't wait to kick on into the second half and find the real Makoto episode that I'm still waiting for!

Wolves's Rain epi 5 - 12

Im glad I saved this for when it was dark and cold to watch, I couldnt have managed to look at all this snow in summer, it would have put me off.

I agree with it being starnge and dreamlike. You really get a feeling that the world is slowly coming to a hault. There are some very beautiful scenes to, I liked when Cheza jumped from the plain and was spinning around like a spore in the wind and when all the flowers bloomed to make a path

I am getting close to the 4 recap episodes. Do I need to watch r can I skip?[/spoiler]

Corra said:
Wolves's Rain epi 5 - 12

Im glad I saved this for when it was dark and cold to watch, I couldnt have managed to look at all this snow in summer, it would have put me off.

I agree with it being starnge and dreamlike. You really get a feeling that the world is slowly coming to a hault. There are some very beautiful scenes to, I liked when Cheza jumped from the plain and was spinning around like a spore in the wind and when all the flowers bloomed to make a path

I am getting close to the 4 recap episodes. Do I need to watch r can I skip?[/spoiler]

I sense some facaetiousness in the title there :p

Fate/Zero 5

This somehow gets better with every episode! To make up for the narrower focus last week, this time almost everyone got some screen time. Gilgamesh is still my firm favourite but I'm liking almost every character in this series a lot, even the ones who would normally bother me. I don't like Waver at all, but there's endless manly fanservice from Rider which plays to that, so it's ok.

I thought Caster had missed another chance to appear as the end drew near, then he popped up awesomely after all. Such good voice acting. So many memorable characters. This stomps all over Fate/Stay Night TV in terms of quality.

R

Baccano - 1

Wow, that was really rather interesting. I'm intrigued enough with the premise to carry on with it. There were rather a lot of characters to take on board though so hopefully things will become more apparent in the next episode.

Also:
You can't beat a bit of gore!

Idolm@ster ep 15

Excellent episode! A nice live program with loads of brilliant segments. Yukiho knows what's up! Good girl. That whole segment with her and Makoto was excellent. And if that was a real movie I'd so totally watch it! I liked how they had the "main 3" girls presenting it.

Penguin Drum 8

Ugh more Ringo fantasy... I really think the reason I don't like this show is solely because of Ringo...I'm still watching this cause it's still getting praise but it needs to do something otherwise...

...oh hey there's a nice cliffhanger. Now you've got my attention back.

Star Knight Tekkaman Blade - Episode 24 & 25

D-Boy's past is revealed and now he faces even more Tekkamans.

Still very good.

Dance in the Vampire Bund 1-12

Isn't it weird how I was perfectly okay with Mina Tepeş and Akira, but Nanami and Yuzuru still disturb me (although that's probably because while having a child's body, Mina is hundreds of years old, unlike Yuzuru). Otherwise, I really like this series - which is odd from me (I find common things like vampires, werewolves and zombies boring).

Has there been any fanfiction of Mina Tepeş owning Edward Cullen in a fight? Because I'd really love to read that.

Horizon ep 5 - Damn good.

Working'!! ep 5 - Hard show to comment on without saying "this joke was funny"... err, they finally made me not hate Kyouko for an episode?

Bakuman s2 ep 5 - The *sploodge* episode, everything kind of running together and looking like happy days until... dramatic cliffhanger! But the series is in a pretty nice spot now with everyone being serialized.

HaGaNai ep 4 - Yukimuraaaaaaaaa~ good introduction of the new characters, all around.

UN-GO ep 3 - So, I think they've done what I wanted? Sort of? It's kind of a two parter, but the conclusion to part one was a bit of a damp squib imo. Let's see how next week goes.

Guilty Crown ep 3 - almost as big a drop off from ep 2 to 3 as C³ was a step up from ep 1 to 2. Really, really bad idea to go with moderate and predictable school time "comedy".

Last Exile ep 3 - handled the transition from blistering excitement to quiet reflection twenty times better than Guilty Crown, a great mood ep to set up the characters a little more than they had had chance to so far.

The Story of Pollyanna,eps 1-20.Another World Masterpiece Theater classic added to my collection,good to see more of these classics finally getting fansubbed.

Maken-Ki! Episodes 1-2

Pretty Predictible series, If it weren't for it's semi-decent action and it's Awesome Ecchi I might not have bothered (Fair-Decent so far)

EDIT: What I meant to say was (work constraints) that actually Episode 1 was fairly decent, but Episode 2 just had no action or nothing at all, all it had was Ecchi (which I'm not complaining about :p), if it don't pickup in the next 2-3 episodes I might have to put the series on-hold.

TheLasersharkKH said:
Maken-Ki! Episodes 1-2

Pretty Predictible series, If it weren't for it's semi-decent action and it's Awesome Ecchi I might not have bothered (Fair-Decent so far)
I got as far as him undressing her with his eyes and then I stopped. There was nothing good to be gained by watching that.

ConanThe3rd said:
TheLasersharkKH said:
Maken-Ki! Episodes 1-2

I got as far as him undressing her with his eyes and then I stopped. There was nothing good to be gained by watching that.

That's how far I got as well.

Hunter x Hunter - Episode 5
Anybody find it unsettling when the guy carried out the unconscious teenager? Oh Hisoka and your crazy, creepy, pedoness, great episode can't wait for next one, the female examiner shows up next week I think. :wink:

UN-GO - Episode 3
Glad to see some multi-episode story action going on here. The masks totally reek of 20th Century Boys!

Back