Your viewing journal

NANA: 31-36

Jesus, this series has taken a severely depressing turn LOL. I still love it but man, I'm hating Hachi more and more with each episode. What a wishy-washy, indecisive cowbag she can be. I'm still hopelessly hoping that things will turn out sort of okay but I can't see that they will. Poor Nobu. And Takumi's a twat.

I'm going to be at a bit of a loss as to what to watch after I've finished this and Paradise Kiss. Is there a 'Recommend me a new anime' thread or should I create one? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched Gravion Zwei eps 5-8.Finally this show decides it is a good idea to get on with the plot and to stop wasting my time with stupid fan service eps. So far so good

Kaiji 2 - Eps 19-22

I knew there was something I was forgetting to watch! And probably for good reason. 20 and 21 felt like they were dragging a bit but even though not much happend in 22 it still felt like it was raising the tempo. I do hope that they end this arc with a little bit of exposition at the end rather than just dumping us with whoever wins and that being "the end."

This also makes me really want to rewatch the live action movie again. I quite enjoyed it despite cramming a lot of things in and changing some stuff.

ilmaestro said:
I love the fact that your two anime you're posting about are iM@S and Kaiji, it's such a crazy contrast. :lol:

Wh...what are you saying? That...Kaiji can't be moe!? Kaiji is moe! Just look at the interactions between him and Ichimoe! (Ichimoe... I think I'm getting worse!)

I'll go back to Penguin Drum after I've finished Kaiji as there seems to be some praise going around for the latest few eps.

Bakuman s2 ep 4 - pretty hardbody episode, quite a few characters getting the spotlight shared across them nicely.

Ben-to ep 3 - Just keeps on getting better! Showed some good adaptation in order to use the general premise in a new way (it is, after all, the sort of thing you could see becoming stale even in just a 12 ep run), and a great action scene to top it off.

Well, I stayed up until 1am last night watching the final episodes of NANA... I must admit, I shed a couple of tears!

I suppose it was Ai Yazawa's intention but Hachi became a less and less likeable character as the series went on; her indecisiveness and capability or hurting those around her by being a selfish douche were really something else so it was difficult for me to feel sympathetic towards her. It's a shame because I really quite liked her at the beginning even though she was ditsy. It was certainly a dramatic ending and I loved the series but I can't help but feel a little upset about it - although I don't know why! I suppose a stupid part of me wanted things to end on a bit more of a positive note.

I realised it would never work out with Nobu when Hachi moved away but the door scene at the end made me tear up nonetheless! I felt sorry for Nobu. And I still think Takumi is a prick.

To be honest, I don't really know how I wanted it to end. But I'm sad it had to end in this way, with Hachi being almost completely isolated from the group and from Nobu, married to Takumi and with a child. Ugh. I wonder if there will ever be a series 2? Or perhaps that may spoil things?

Paradise Kiss - 2

I'm sure I read right to the end of the manga of this series but I absolutely cannot remember what on earth happened, haha. I never saw the anime all the way through though so I'll keep at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice said:
Well, I stayed up until 1am last night watching the final episodes of NANA... I must admit, I shed a couple of tears!

You might find this semi-recent discussion interesting:

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=10275&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=1625

I was irritated by Hachi from the very first moment she appeared, but she gradually grew on me - as did all of the other characters, in fact, even the horrible ones. I really recommend the manga though if you want to see more NANA, since it seems unlikely that we're getting more of the anime any time soon.

R

I can't help Prof Irony on Un Go. I like the style and music and leads of the show but so far a lot is lacking. The first ep gave a highly uninteresting case, which was uninteresting due to the omission of any interesting details! E.g was the victim guilty of the charges against him, what were the charges to begin with, and generally some kind of info to make the victim and culprit less boring would have been appreciated. I also found the killer's motive to be highly boring too.

The second ep suffered from exactly the problems, not enough time spent making the case and characters interesting. And to be honest the case was pretty hard to follow anyway (How did the detective even realize the pop group were involved in the first place?).

The only interesting thing for me so far is the relationship between the detective and Inga, but I'm not currently sure if thats a strong enough reason to keep me watching.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 3

Now that was a good episode, completely dispelled any concerns I had about AGE, more like this please!

Rui said:
Alice said:

You might find this semi-recent discussion interesting:

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=10275&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=1625

I was irritated by Hachi from the very first moment she appeared, but she gradually grew on me - as did all of the other characters, in fact, even the horrible ones. I really recommend the manga though if you want to see more NANA, since it seems unlikely that we're getting more of the anime any time soon.

R

Thank you for linking me to that, R! I very much enjoyed reading the discussion. I was really touched by NANA, I believe it is a superb anime. The visuals are just beautiful and I think the characters are fantastic. They all succeeded in capturing my interest, which is very rare for... well, any sort of show!

I may look more into the manga - I only own the first 5 volumes but I'm very curious to see how it continues. Has there been any recent news on when it will resume or is it still on hold for the indefinite future?

Back