Your viewing journal

Professor Irony said:
I think it might well be something that just crept in as the series wore on. It's difficult to keep an entirely straight face when Ken gets through so many regenerating red t-shirts and single-shoulder pads. Also this:
Haha. I'm going to have to learn how to make animated gifs, as there are many, many lolworthy bits of "animation" that are just crying out for a good giffing.

I never had you pegged as someone who would enjoy FotNS's brand of exploding heads and bodies, Rui. Colour me pleasantly surprised!

fabricatedlunatic said:
I never had you pegged as someone who would enjoy FotNS's brand of exploding heads and bodies, Rui. Colour me pleasantly surprised!

I think the appeal of outrageously ugly musclemen and cheese is limitless! There's something refreshingly straightforward about FotNS in a world of series about wimpy schoolboys in love triangles.

I had Ai wo Torimodose and Tough Boy playing at my wedding, hohoho...

R

animefreak17 said:
gakuen heaven tomorrow

First Loveless, now Gakuen Heaven :D you're turning into me!

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 1-2

So far so good. Everything is familiar...
But... the first episode is new! :p

It felt more like a crazy remix, though.

My other half is a big fan of the manga so I'm looking forward to wading into the reallyreally new stuff, which I gather isn't very far away at all!

R

Rui said:
There's something refreshingly straightforward about FotNS in a world of series about wimpy schoolboys in love triangles.
Amen to that. It's good old-fashioned no-nonsense 80s entertainment. And it's a show I can watch without having to think, so it gets a thumbs-up for that.

...seriously? That's just... wow. You're earning a staggering amount of cool points staggeringly quickly here. The next revelation might just make my head explode, FotNS style.

Rui said:
animefreak17 said:
gakuen heaven tomorrow

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

My other half is a big fan of the manga so I'm looking forward to wading into the reallyreally new stuff, which I gather isn't very far away at all!

R
i got these animes cause they was cheap on axlemusic and i didn't bother to check what they was about but i made sure they wasn't hentai cause i dont want to go though that again, anyways do girls really like guy on guy stuff........ also i didn't know they was that sort of anime crossdressing, gay, young old, ect. but despite that they was a 13+ anime so i was in the clear also they was good storys

Rui said:
animefreak17 said:
gakuen heaven tomorrow

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

R
i got these animes cause they was cheap on axlemusic and i didn't bother to check what they was about but i made sure they wasn't hentai cause i dont want to go though that again, anyways do girls really like guy on guy stuff........ also i didn't know they was that sort of anime crossdressing, gay, young old, ect. but despite that they was a 13+ anime so i was in the clear also they was good storys

animefreak17 said:
Rui said:
animefreak17 said:
gakuen heaven tomorrow

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

R
Guys like girl on girl, so why wouldn't girls like guy on guy?

I remember when a friend of mine made me watch Loveless during our college's Anime Club...urgh.

animefreak17 said:
Rui said:
animefreak17 said:
gakuen heaven tomorrow

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

R
I really don't know where to start with this one :lol:

fabricatedlunatic said:
Amen to that. It's good old-fashioned no-nonsense 80s entertainment. And it's a show I can watch without having to think, so it gets a thumbs-up for that.

Sir, have you tried City Hunter, and why not?

Rui said:

Please tell me someone thought to shout, "You are already wed". :)

I think the appeal of outrageously ugly musclemen

I will not tolerate this! Have you not seen Kens's glorious eyebrows!??? Tell me what women could resist those!? No woman that's who.

Not again..

Ha, I bet you thought that was gonna slip by me didn't you! No siree. Guy on guy anime is objectively wrong because it.... Nah I don't think even I have the strength to go through this again.

man love anime is still objectively plain wrong though.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Professor Irony said:
Please tell me someone thought to shout, "You are already wed". :)
That is quite brilliant. Bravo.

City Hunter is on my radar but the lack of exploding heads is a mark against it. Unless you're going to tell me that there ARE exploding heads?

I'm here all week, try the fish.
emot-tiphat.gif

Sadly, I can't think of a single episode in which there was any exploding of heads... If it helps though, Ryo is also voiced by Akira Kamiya, and there is more than one OP sequence in which he shoots down a helicopter with only his trusty Colt Python. More than one.

vashdaman said:
Have you not seen Kens's glorious eyebrows!??? Tell me what women could resist those!? No woman that's who.

eAjcQX6AD8f9j93s68I3WF5b_400.png

"Ladies."

Back