Your viewing journal

Just watched my first Makoto Shinkai movie, Voices of a Distant and, to put it mildly, it blew me away! It's profoundly poignant, absolutely gorgeous and the dub performances were amazing. I really cannot stress how utterly superb the dub was!

Just watched the 2nd volume of Death Note DVD and it is getting intense. Was ready for a what does everybody see in this series but it is shaping up well.

Ookiku Furikabutte 15 -17 lovign this series the more I watch the more I am drawn into it, I have no interest in baseball in reality but the series really brings the sport to life with some great characters.

Heat Guy J 11 - 14 loving this series more and more, at first I was a little disappointed but as it develops it just keeps getting better.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Pailsen Files 2 still not 100% sure about this series, the story seems like it has a good basis, ex-cons (killing each other to become the best pilots) in a war thats lasted 100 years but the mechs looks so poor, I need cool mechs to keep my interest.

All of the Genshiken OVA's & now i'm onto episode 7 of Genshiken series 2.

EDIT:
OMG, OMG, OMG!
I've watched all of Genshiken 2 & i've never laughed so hard at an anime before!, Episode 11 is the funniest though.

But, Yeah this really is a great series!, I hope they do release OVA's for Genshiken 2, There has been speculation upon this forum & on a few others i go on that there will be more anime to come.

Negima disk 6 - It's been a strangely enjoyable series, and when the class did what they did for/to Negi and Asuna at the end, I was in stiches. :D

You know, I always wondered what you would get if you crossed Harry Potter with St Trinians. :D

I just wish they were making a second series. :(

Oh, for those that have read it, how does the Manga compare? - I'm thinking of getting it as i'm under the impression that it carries on the story.

Edit - Never mind, I just realised there was a thread about it in another part of the forum.

Looks like i'm gonna have to spend more money. :)

TTGL 6-10

Episode 8 was both the best and worst in the series so far. It was the best for having the most emotional impact thanks to Kamina going out in style, but the best character (by some distance) going out after 8/27 episodes is a major downer. Simon has since gone all emo and Yoko, now with near to no fan service, is far less interesting without the sexual chemistry her and Kamina had.

Aside from Kamina's early retirement, the show hasn't changed much at from episode 1 - It's still lacking any real depth, which is quite a funny thing to say when the anime started underground. I'm just not feeling the urgency to watch the episodes I have with other series as a result of the anime being colourful mecha fight after colourful mecha fight and nothing much of interest happening with the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - It's no Wing! lol put off by what i see as poor character animation but i've only seen one episode so far and i looooove big robots.
S-cry-ed - Not bad, not to fond of the animation but i've only seen one episode, i'll stick with it and see how it goes.

Powercut on one side of the house means i'll miss episodes 2-3, gutted.

Death Note - Director's Cut

I feel like those 2 hours were wasted. I don't know about director's cut, Death Note: Lite would've been a more appropriate title.

First of all, here's what they removed to get the first 25 episodes to fit into 2 hours:

-- The bus incident, the first real showing of Light's intelligence, was removed completely. Great.

-- Linking to the above removal, Naomi's explanation of how she knew about Kira was simplified to the extreme.

- L's reveal and the early L/Light rivalry they was removed completely. They did later try to merge the L and Light meeting scene and a scene from later on, but it was done rather badly, including a a new scene where L seemed to direct Light around some hi-tech maze in a cinema...

-- Misa finding out about Light. It was simplified so much that she just randomly saw him while she was sitting in a cafe.

-- They didn't cut out L thinking about Aoyama in the helicopter, even though the whole Aoyama thing had been cut. Sloppy.

-- Higuchi simply dying without explanation. It didn't show Light using his watch at all...I'd have been seriously confused if I hadn't already watched the series.

Put simply, this "director's cut" was a simplified and badly cut version of the first 25 episodes. That's not good when Death Note is all about story and thrilling twists that go with it.

The most annoying thing was the last 5 minutes; my reason for watching this hack job. All you get is Light's insane laughter from episode 37 changed to be at L's grave... I expected the ending to be the same as the 2nd movie. It wasn't worth the effort.

...oh, and the choice of music used was pretty bad - I couldn't believe the 2nd ED theme was used during the Higuchi chase.

Aion said:
Death Note - Director's Cut

I feel like those 2 hours were wasted. I don't know about director's cut, Death Note: Lite would've been a more appropriate title.

First of all, here's what they removed to get the first 25 episodes to fit into 2 hours:

-- The bus incident, the first real showing of Light's intelligence, was removed completely. Great.

-- Linking to the above removal, Naomi's explanation of how she knew about Kira was simplified to the extreme.

- L's reveal and the early L/Light rivalry they was removed completely. They did later try to merge the L and Light meeting scene and a scene from later on, but it was done rather badly, including a a new scene where L seemed to direct Light around some hi-tech maze in a cinema...

-- Misa finding out about Light. It was simplified so much that she just randomly saw him while she was sitting in a cafe.

-- They didn't cut out L thinking about Aoyama in the helicopter, even though the whole Aoyama thing had been cut. Sloppy.

-- Higuchi simply dying without explanation. It didn't show Light using his watch at all...I'd have been seriously confused if I hadn't already watched the series.

Put simply, this "director's cut" was a simplified and badly cut version of the first 25 episodes. That's not good when Death Note is all about story and thrilling twists that go with it.

The most annoying thing was the last 5 minutes; my reason for watching this hack job. All you get is Light's insane laughter from episode 37 changed to be at L's grave... I expected the ending to be the same as the 2nd movie. It wasn't worth the effort.

...oh, and the choice of music used was pretty bad - I couldn't believe the 2nd ED theme was used during the Higuchi chase.

Isn't it meant to be from Ryuk's point of view though? So the stuff cut out would be what he hadn't of seen.

TRASHBAT said:
Isn't it meant to be from Ryuk's point of view though? So the stuff cut out would be what he hadn't of seen.

The intro showed another Death God, one curious about the real world, asking Ryuk about it. Ryuk went on to tell the story of DN, but it wasn't told from his point of view at all, the intro was just there to give a reason for the story being re-told.

Also, Ryuk was there for the entire bus incident - The first thing fully skipped.

Back