Your viewing journal

Finished up watching Red Garden, only 22 episodes for such a great series is a crime! Thankfully, they are making an OVA which might clear up some of the ambigious parts which the ending leaves.

The final episode itself was violent and extreme. The bloodbath leaves no survivors bar our four main heriones who manage to take that all important book back. The ending was nice and surreal and I'm looking forward to the OVA. Now I have no fansub anime left to watch! The horror! :p
________
LAUNCH BOX

Last edited by a moderator:
hopeful_monster said:
If your talking about the final episode (there are two seasons) DON'T WATCH IT. Mainly as it makes less sense than Rahxephon's ending and destroys the characters better than Evangelion. Find a copy of the last volume of the manga and read it instead. It is one of the most commonly used example of a Gianax ending (ie and ending that is totally out of whack with the rets of the series). The manga ending has generally the same idea, but it makes more sense and donesn't make you want to slit your wrists.

I meant the first season, I only found out there 'was' a second season after typing my last post. ( Although the way the first season ends, it was definitely left open for a second one. ) Unfortunately the article I found that mentioned it also gave spoilers for the ending that I almost managed to avoid, but not before getting a gist of how it ends. :(

Needless to say, i'm a little ticked off that it's yet another example of the - 'Oh look, we'll make a nice charming comedy type series with a miserable ending.' - that seem to be a fascination for the Japanese anime makers, and in my current state of mind, I can't handle those too well. :(

Chobits 7 - Finally something happening, seems pretty mediocre to me and the comedy isn't exactly great. will give it a few more episodes as something seems to be developing now.

Da Capo 2 - I'm always worried when the ending looks better than the stuff inbetween, not sure if this is down to consistency but it's not exactly ground breaking in animation. Story seems decent but i'll reserve that judgement till a few more episodes.

Tenchi Muyo! Mishoshi Special - Ah finally a bit more Tenchi, first time i've seen this and it fits in nicely with the OAV's Washu's voice didn't sound great but i dont know why. Mihoshi is my favourite character in the OAV's but i hate how they dumbed her down in Universe. biggest downer of this episode is the inclusion of Pretty Sammy i understand they need to raise her profile and introduce her but i just dislike her as a whole. Sasami's original character is head over heals compared to PS, Ryo-Ohki's voice also sends a shiver down my spine every time i hear it there is just no need! Good for a special with a bit cruder language than the OAV's but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Still need to get my hand's on the 3rd Tenchi OAV's but they haven't been released yet. Play have them listed as a box set to come out sometime this year but i want to watch now! No Patrea as Ryoko is a real bummer though :(

Nyu said:
Tenchi Muyo! Mishoshi Special - Ah finally a bit more Tenchi, first time i've seen this and it fits in nicely with the OAV's Washu's voice didn't sound great but i dont know why. Mihoshi is my favourite character in the OAV's but i hate how they dumbed her down in Universe. biggest downer of this episode is the inclusion of Pretty Sammy i understand they need to raise her profile and introduce her but i just dislike her as a whole. Sasami's original character is head over heals compared to PS, Ryo-Ohki's voice also sends a shiver down my spine every time i hear it there is just no need! Good for a special with a bit cruder language than the OAV's but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Still need to get my hand's on the 3rd Tenchi OAV's but they haven't been released yet. Play have them listed as a box set to come out sometime this year but i want to watch now! No Patrea as Ryoko is a real bummer though :(

your mad, i'm yet to find a better magical girl anime than the pretty sammy series ^^

Ryo Chan said:
your mad, i'm yet to find a better magical girl anime than the pretty sammy series ^^

Maybe so but it's just not for me, i watched the first episode of pretty sammy and just cringed...then cried a little :(

Today I watched Saber Marionette J episode 10-12, I was going to watch 13 but fell asleep and my Wii was left on internet browser. v__v

Chobits 8 - Story is starting to move now, not too bad not too good.

Da Capo 3 - Just the begining but very...bananas lol doesn't seem too bad think i'll wait a bit longer until i judge.

Meloncholy of Haruhi 11 - This episode had me laughing quite a few times, fun little anime and it's one of the better i'm watching at the moment. Still can't get enough of the soundtrack, was very good in this episode.

Macross Plus 1 - Well i figured i'd open the dvd and watch an episode. The last mecha anime i watched was Gundam Wing a few years ago and this makes a refreshing change. While it's only the frist episode i like the characters and the story seems solid, the animation isn't amazing by modern day standards but i like it's style. Should be a good little series to watch.

Kiba 50 - 51
Keichi 14
Pumpkin Scissors 24
D.Gray-man 24
Busou Renkin 24
Fairy Musketeer Akazukin 36 37
Tokimeki Memorial 14 15

Azumanga Daioh Vol.4 - this was one of the first series I saw when I first discovered anime last summer – I was totally swept away with the humour, cute-fluffyness, Japanese-ness and sheer novelty of it all back then.
So onto Vol.4...The gag-hit-rate is not quite as high as the early episodes and the anime-novelty-factor for me has probably worn off a little now, but it’s certainly no hardship to watch and never fails to put a smile on your face somewhere along the line.

Last Exile Vol.6 – the plot inexorably marches on in this penultimate disc – continue to be impressed by the consistency of the episodes as they all stitch together in telling this well scripted tale – things take a slight darker turn here centring more on the ‘evil’ Queen Delphine, and ohh…the heroic Alex Rowe…arggh…I should say no more :?.

Chobits 9 - All i can say is that it's picking up, alot slower than i hoped and the story so far doesn't seem very interesting but it's getting there.

Da Capo 4 - Another new character, seems pretty funny with some good parts not alot worth noting apart from the new character...and the bread.

Ichigo 100% Special - Now i started to watch the Ichigo that i haven't seen yet and i'm guessing i watched the "13th episode" that wasn't aired. When they go and make the film, now i'm not sure if this is part of the OAV or the original story, but i've heard the OAV's differ in plot so i'm guessing i'm correct. Atleast in this episode alot of things are the same, the humour etc is still there but the same old stuff still bothers me. However i found it quite enjoyable and i'm glad i watched it. Now onto the OAV's

Macross Plus 2 - Now from what i've seen so far i really like this series, it reminds me of Top Gun so much. The comedy is top notch and there are lots of great lines, the story seems interesting and theres some boy's toy's in the form of mecha. I'm glad i bought this dvd and the money i paid for it i'm very happy, looking forward to the next few episodes.

Most recently watched the new Manga Entertainment edition of Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. I remember buying that when it first came out on video cassette back in the mid-nineties. Nostalgia trip it was!

Back