Your viewing journal

Finished Fruits Basket last night I thought that Kyo's transformation in episode 25 was weird. But I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure if that was in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Azumanga Daioh vol 3, Want to introduce the last person who rented these to the business end of a 14 pound lump hammer as both vol 2 and 3 have been scratched up badly. 2 was watchable but 3 is skipping badly.
Have also been watching Witch hunter robin vol 2 but have had to look for another source as amazon rental has failed me.

Despite the huge backlog of unwatched DVDs that I seem to be gathering, i've started watching Full Metal Panic again. :roll:

Watched the first 5 again so far.

Converted it to watch on my PSP during lunch at work, but it's a bugger as all the signs and stuff are in Japanese as there's no way to encode anything with subtitles yet. :(

Tasker said:
Converted it to watch on my PSP during lunch at work, but it's a bugger as all the signs and stuff are in Japanese as there's no way to encode anything with subtitles yet. :(

Sent Air Gear to live on my psp at the weekend, now I always have something to watch at work

hopeful_monster said:
Azumanga Daioh vol 3, Want to introduce the last person who rented these to the business end of a 14 pound lump hammer as both vol 2 and 3 have been scratched up badly. 2 was watchable but 3 is skipping badly.
You wouldn’t be thinking that was me would you? :roll:
Rented vol.3 from amazon only the other week – seemed fine when I had it, and my DVD player is particularly fussy. I can only imagine you more than likely had a different copy.

Worst I’ve had were RahXephon discs 1-3 – one of them completely locked up the player and only responded to having the plug pulled out – that wouldn’t have been your rental-disc mistreatment would it hopeful_monster? :wink:
Talking of which - just got Disc 4 through the post this morning.
Lets hope it plays OK and negate any unnecessarily violent use of lump hammers!

I've just watched the 1st volume of Haibane Renmei, I haven't gotten into the show as much as I would have liked to at this point. But it does seem rather interesting, so maybe I'll like it a lot more by the end, when it should hopefully pick up.

Finished all 24 eps of Full Metal Panic! now, and moved onto Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU, only 1 disk left to go though, why did they only make 12 episodes? Why? :cry:

Also, if I have one gripe about FMP! and FMP? FUMOFFU, it's ... THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TESSA! :cry: lol :wink:

God! I'm so pining for Second Raid right now it's ridiculous, i'm giving serious thought to importing it. lol :roll: (Mind you, I don't think it's even been fully released in the States yet has it? And how many episodes is it supposed to have, anyone know?)

Also finished reading books 10 and 11 of Naruto. ( Finished them last weekend actually, but forgot to post it. lol )

Better late than never, I've started the GitS SAC 2nd gig (hurrah for the HMV '3 for £20' offer). There's nothing more satisfying than seeing something that's every bit as good as I hoped it would be. It looks like more of the same, which is no bad thing.

Bunch of rewatching for me at the moment. I've bought the Paranoia Agent, Haibane Renmei and X TV (aka X/1999) box sets all in quick succession, and am rotating them amongst the new stuff I'm watching (I've seen Paranoia Agent and Haibane once before each, and have seen X TV about 1 and a 1/2 times (though I've read the manga at least four or so times ^^##))

Also importing FMP! The Second Raid at the moment (third time watching the series).

As for new stuff:

Bleach
Boogiepop Phantom
CODE GEASS
D. Gray-Man
Death Note
Genshiken OAV
Gokinjo Monogatari
Hataraki Man
Mai Otome Zwei
Maria-sama ga Miteru OAV
NANA
Nodame Cantabile
Sailor Moon S

I think I take on far too many series at the same time :shock:

Akaihane said:
Also importing FMP! The Second Raid at the moment (third time watching the series).

Oh rub it in why don't you. :cry: lol :wink:

God, now that i've finished rewatching FMP and FUMOFFU I really, really, really want this series. :( Damn, when is it coming out over here? Arrggggg!!!!!!!!! *pulls hair out*. Sod it, i'll give it untill the last DVD comes out in the states, ( when is that by the way? ), and if there's no word on a UK release i'm gonna import the bloody thing. ( I found out it's only 13 episodes long too, which makes me a bit sad. :( But at least it's 13 episodes more than I have now so what the heck. :D )

My lord I cannot believe I watched 7 episodes of Heat Guy J in one sitting, what is happening to me? Well, anyway, some of the episodes were really good, though the random filler-like ones which lacked Claire Leonelli aren't very good, they just felt like something random for character development purposes I suppose, although the episode about the underworld episode was very enjoyable!

@ Tasker

I know that ADV UK are attempting to license FMP! TSR for the UK, but there has been no success so far. And with FUNimation, Revelation may get it, but as they are quite new to the anime scene, if they do, I'm sure it will take a little while.

The first two DVDs have been released in North America and the third (there are to be 4 and will include the OAV) is out in about a months time if you do decide to import.

(Sorry to all that this is off topic ^^;;)

Since this will for me be an all nighter due to this awful cold..i'm gonna watch vol 7 of the first FMP series and then watch FMP!TSR vol 1 and 2 as well.

Jimi-Jam said:
You wouldn’t be thinking that was me would you? :roll:
Rented vol.3 from amazon only the other week – seemed fine when I had it, and my DVD player is particularly fussy. I can only imagine you more than likely had a different copy.
We'll see when i hopefully get Vol. 4 next month. Other wise its hammer time
hammertime.jpg

Jimi-Jam said:
Worst I’ve had were RahXephon discs 1-3 – one of them completely locked up the player and only responded to having the plug pulled out – that wouldn’t have been your rental-disc mistreatment would it hopeful_monster? :wink:s
Not me. While i may be this boards resident Rahxephon fanboy extraordinaire never rented them.

Anyway started and finished Bubblegum Crisis 2040 and it was fun, but glad i didn't spent more than £30 on it. Kinda lacked certain something, but couldn't tell you exactly what. Also was i the only one who though ' Well Priss is dead' at the end of the series. Middle of the desert, no water, food, shade or clothes for that matter. If she lasted 2 days i'd be suppirsed.
Area 88 looks good as well only gripes are that there are only 3 episodes per DVD and the felling that there will be a lot of disposable characters. Also caught up on Pumpkin Scissors and FINALLY there is some plot progression on both the advanced weapons and invisible 9. suprisingly don't think they are connected. As for the latest Code geass, well my prediction about Mao was right, but unsure as to what happens now.

Last edited by a moderator:
watched vols 2 and 3 of fruit baskets and trying to resist finishing it till sunday (what better day to finish it than Chinese New Year.

also watched vol 5 of Negima and episode 1 of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Watched Patlabor 2: The Movie again last night. Still trying to work out what all the fuss was about in regards to the remastered soundtrack though...

Back