Your viewing journal

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water - Episodes 13 - 22 (Blu-ray)

Another really good run of episodes but now at the infamous shift in the series so it will be interesting to see how the next few epsidoes pan out.

Gatchaman: The Movie (Blu-ray)

This retelling of the TV series worked quite well, it was a bit truncated in places as expected but it flowed in a logical way and never felt particularly rushed. As a film it is also incredibly violent, that's 70s children's anime for you 😂

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 373

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 11 Family history.

Management of a Novice Alchemist Episode 12 Decision time. (Complete. At times fun but mostly easygoing and laid-back. Overall an enjoyable fantasy series with a likeable cast of characters.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
CHAINSAW MAN (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6
My Hero Academia Season 6 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-12

RbRLkMq.jpg
4d7e4bb998330c0bb61eef8daaba287938a4733e.gif

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War episode 377 A past encounter.

Management of a Novice Alchemist episode 12 Decision. (Complete. A fantasy slice-of-life that wasn’t quite as strong as other anime of a similar vein but it did make for a decent Monday evening watch.) 3/5

Saekano -How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend-
episodes 4-12 (Complete. A fun and parodistic approach to a harem comedy that didn’t take itself too seriously asides from some moments.) 3.5/5

Saekano -How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend- .flat
episodes 0-4

Akiba Maid War ep11

I just have something in my eye okay

Gosenzosama Banbanzai ep6 [End]

Perhaps not a complete surprise that even at its apparent end, any intended meaning in the story remains elusive, and it's very much down to the viewer to draw their own conclusions as to what it was all about. I'll put a longer post in the other thread later, but it'll take a bit of digesting.

Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Infiltrate.

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit Episode 12 Conquered. (Complete. Another enjoyable outing from this series.) 3/5

Peter Grill and the Philosoper's Time: Super Extra (Uncensored)
Episode 11 Agreement.

Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 12 Retribution. (Complete. This for me was an intriguing series to watch with it's modern day ninja concept.) 3/5

Chainsaw Man episode 11 Zombie.

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit episode 12 Sunrise. (Complete. Despite around half of the episodes comprising of recapping the prior seasons, the new content here was just as likeable as the previous seasons and concluded nicely as well.) 3.5/5

Shinobi no Ittoki
episode 12 Finish. (Complete. A story that had potential but squandered it - I watched this one to the end hoping it would improve but alas it didn’t and stands as the worst anime I’ve watched this year.) 1.5/5

Saekano -How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend- .flat
episodes 17-23 (Complete. Though this series was generally on par with the first the last few episodes and their dramatic turn felt uneven, so I’m curious to see how the film will proceed from here.) 3/5

Saekano The Movie: Final (Film)
Following the drama from the preceding season this movie provided a resolution that didn’t quite pack the intended emotional punch for me. However, I mostly liked how the story wrapped up the two circles and how they crossed over - I do wish this would have been a full season instead of a film though.) 3.5/5

Sagrada Reset
episodes 1-8

Last edited:
D.I.Y: Do It Yourself!! Episode 12 Parting gifts. (Complete. For an original CGDCT SOL anime this was pretty decent overall though I did find that Yua's clumsiness did get too repetative and annoying.) 3.5/5

Immoral Guild (Uncensored)
Episode 12 (Complete. A series that at times pushes the broadcastable boundaries with it's fanservice.) 3/5

Love Flops
Episode 11 Pressing forward.

The Eminence in Shadow Episode 12 Sanctuary secrets.

Do it Yourself!! episode 12 A finished build. (Complete. One of the best anime of the year for me by virtue of its laidback but likeable qualities and a nice cast of characters - a second season would be very welcome.) 4.5/5

Mob Psycho 100 III
episode 12 Come down.(Complete. MP100 is a series that remained consistent in its quality, both in terms of story direction and animation. It’s a shame to see it end.) 4/5

The Eminence in Shadow
episode 12 Freedom.

Sagrada Reset episodes 9-24 (Complete. A fairly intriguing supernatural anime that was hindered by the pacing and some arcs that were more interesting than others.) 3.5/5

Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac
episodes 1-5

Golgo 13
Episode 13 "Cross Angle"

Episode 15
"Eva, heading for the sea"
Eva, I think I loved you a little.

My Girlfriend is Shobitch
Episodes 1+2
Wanted a laugh after my tears of sadness. Instead I'm writing a letter to Mary Whitehouse.😠

Hayate The Combat Butler: season 2, episodes 1-7. My replacement disc finally arrived and I was able to see the episodes I missed the first time around. Now to resist the temptation to continue watching the other 40 episodes (does anyone else feel wrong if they only watch a "bit" of a series?)

Chainsaw Man ep 11
The eyes have it.

The Little Lies We All Tell ep 10
Amusement park and sightseeing.

FuuKoi eps 8 & 9
Spider and summer job.

Do It Yourself!! ep 12 (complete)
Sayanora and the finishing touches.
A joyful CGDCT show about DIY. As with similar shows the cute girls get you in the door, but it's their personalities and chemistry within the group that that bring you back. And there was quite a variety of characters in this show from the boyish (with secret girlish interests) leader, to the clumsy one, the tsundere one, the shy one, the outgoing one and the funny speaking foreigner one! The central relationship between Serufu and Purin was frustrating at times because of Purin's attitude, I think mostly because they ended up going to different schools and Purin wanted to mother Serufu like she had in elementary and middle school and chose to try and distance herself from her friend rather than let go. Of course Serufu is pretty oblivious to this and it ended up in a way that was so heartwarming.
The art style took a bit of getting used to, but the uniqueness was quite refreshing and the animation was pretty good.
8/10

Chainsaw Man ep11

On the whole, I’ve enjoyed the Chainsaw Man anime, but the pacing has been a constant source of frustration. I never was much of a shonen fighting show person, I suppose.

Akiba Maid War ep12 [End]

The ending was fine, I guess, although I don’t feel the place we ended up was nearly as interesting as the journey getting there. In part, my problem is that I never really cared about Nagomi; Ranko was always the best character and I think the show suffered without her presence. I’d have liked to see a bit more of her journey from meek pacifist to violent criminal, but hey ho.

Overall, I liked this series a lot; I've wanted a yakuza anime for years and, much to my surprise, Akiba Maid War really ticked all the boxes for me. While it definitely captures the feel of classic 70s yakuza drama though, I think its determination to press a contemporary-set show about maid cafes into that mould can occasionally feel like a square peg / round hole scenario, and I can imagine some of the more genre-trope lead plot developments may be puzzling to anyone unfamiliar with what it's referencing.

Last edited:
Bibliophile Princess episode 12 My Prince. (Complete. Though at times a nice watch my enthusiasm for the series fizzled in and out as it progressed.) 3/5

KanColle: Let’s Meet at Sea
episode 5 Training.

Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac episodes 6-15, 23-25, 27-32, 36-40

Back