Your viewing journal

Urusei Yatsura Lum The Forever, Urusei Yatsura The Final Chapter and Urusei Yatsura Always My Darling: Triple play of the final three movies on my new Blu Ray discs. Ataru really is a lecherous disgrace who doesn't deserve Lum, the lovely horned floating alien teenage girl. One day (hopefully) I will be able to add the TV series to my collection.

From Monday 21st November:
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya: Battle for Sanctuary (English audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

Today:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean (Japanese audio) - Episodes 25-31

Blue Lock episode 9 Pleasure in play.

BOCCHI THE ROCK! episode 9 Yamcha’d.

I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss episode 11 The final play.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills episode 10 Investigation.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 123 Within.

Pop Team Epic 2nd Season episode 10 Fate of the Earth.

Raven of the Inner Palace episode 10 Strum.

Spy x Family Part 2 episode 22 Good sports.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 24 Lost treasure.

Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! Double episode 10 Spending the night.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 9 New names.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episode 8 Teshima’s orders.

Princess Jellyfish episodes 6-11 & Specials (Complete. A fairly easygoing series overall though when it explored more dramatic themes the results didn’t always gel with the humour, which could be overbearing at times.) 3.5/5

Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They?
episodes 1-10 & OVA (Complete. This series had a refreshingly confident lead character and a decent take on familiar ideas from a story perspective - it’s a shame the series was relatively short and has no second season.) 3.5/5

Beast Tamer Episode 10 Corruption.

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss Episode 11 Last act.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills Episode 10 Investigate.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 10 Inside.

Spy x Family Episode 22 Rigged.

The Little Lies We All Tell Episode 8 Assassin.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2 Episode 22 Staying the night.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 53 Renamed.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean (Japanese audio) - Episodes 32-38 (Completed)

This series definitely missed out on the weekly gossip because this final batch of episodes was amazing. The fights were great, the concepts of the stands were fun, and the final few episodes are batshit insane. This final act is probably the best JoJo's been since the end of the JoJo vs DIO saga with Stardust Crusaders.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 278 Breaking things.

One Piece episode 1043 Through the mist.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 7 Caged.

Project A-Ko (Film) This was a lot of fun despite C-Ko’s presence and the transfer from Discotek is superb. 3.5/5

Project A-Ko 2: Plot of the Daitokuji Financial Group
A nice follow-up to the original story that continues from where it left off. 3.5/5

Project A-Ko 3: Cinderella Rhapsody
This was the shortest entry so far in the series and was less enjoyable for me than the previous two. 3/5

Project A-Ko 4: Final
An improvement over the previous entry and a decent way to end the series. 3/5

Project A-Ko: Uncivil Wars
A standalone story that makes changes to the personalities of the core trio (with C-Ko being made younger) whilst incorporating a slightly darker storyline amongst the comedy. 3/5

Psychic School Wars (Film)
Though the film was impressive visually I didn’t get as much out of the story and characters. 2/5

Clearing out the pile continued yesterday, with a couple of non-anime:
Profound Desires of the Gods - very much a Japanese Wicker Man, set on a remote island with the local supersitition collising with the modern world. Looked lovely, but not a happy story.
Sinking of Japan - should have been titled Waiting for Godzilla, as shifting tectonic plates make for a dull country destroying villain!
Finished off with a rewatch of my old DVD of Ranma 1/2: Big trouble in Nekonron, the 2,000 year old man, to see whether I can justify spending around £250 to buy the complete series and movies on BluRay. Still undecided.

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 371

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 9 Feed and fight.

Management of a Novice Alchemist Episode 10 Investigation.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War episode 375 Appointment.

Management of a Novice Alchemist episode 10 Parental guidance.

Psycho Armor Govarian episodes 1-13

Karura Mau: Sendai Kokeshi Enka - Episodes 2 - 6 [Final]

I did enjoy this, quite a straight forward supernatural anime but did lots right for me.

Nadia: Secret of Blue Water - Episodes 1 - 3 (Blu-ray)

I have had this Animatsu BD set for a few years having picked it up very cheap in an Amazon Xmas and seeing as Anime Ltd are now releasing it and after reading lots about Nadia on this forum as well thought it was about time I watched it.

So far so very just setting everything up and not especially engaging but it's early days. Having seen Evangelion lots I can certainly see stylistic choices that Anno would re-use.

Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episodes 8 & 9

I thought episode 9 was a really good episode.

Urusei Yatsura (2022) - Episodes 6 & 7

Powered Armor Dorvack episodes 27-36 (Complete. This was a fun action series that I can recommended to fans of 80s sci-fi and mecha.) 3/5

I really like Dorvack, full of great mecha designs and a great story. I've seen it raw and fansubbed and have Discotek's set on shelf that I'll have to get round to soon.

Back