Your viewing journal

Blue Lock episode 4 Soccer romance.

BOCCHI THE ROCK! episode 4 Proof of existence.

I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss episode 6 True form.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills episode 5 Camping and coming home.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 118 The voice.

Pop Team Epic 2nd Season episode 5 Fantasy.

Raven of the Inner Palace episode 5 Ghosts.

Spy x Family Part 2 episode 17 Heartthrobs and operations.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 19 Namesake.

Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! Double episode 5 Family meeting.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 4 Bring it on.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episode 4 Race your heart out.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day XXIX: Videodrome (1983) (Film)

One Piece
episodes 649-658

Riddle Story Of Devil episodes 1-7: Intriguing tale of an all-female assassination class in yet another ultra wealthy school. I'm starting to get the impression every second school in Japan is exclusively for the children of the elite. I'm enjoying the bloody back-stories of the students, while hoping the pay-off doesn't let the whole thing down.

Girls Und Panzer Das Finale part 3
Another fun and exciting entry with the girls, once again pushed to their tactical limits. This show is just so easy to watch.

RWBY vol 7 rewatch and vol 8
I do enjoy this series a lot. The humour doesn't always land for me. It can be a bit cringe and groan worthy but other than that it's great. These later volumes look amazing and the action is top notch. The character journeys are really well done and engrossing. The story has this 1 step forward, 3 steps back tragic vibe.

Hoe A Realist Hero Rebuilt The Kingdom
I really enjoyed this one much more than I expected. For an isekei it takes things a bit more seriously than you usually see which is a nice change of pace for the genre. Also the MC isn't ridiculously OP just a smart guy who plans and works his way through problems. Also on the mild harem aspect its actually believable that the girls would grow to like him.

Last edited:
Riddle Story Of Devil episodes 7-12: Bit of a confusing cop out in the penultimate episode, following by a finale Survivor style swimsuit show. No real explanation of the motivation for the main characters but the action was good.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 273 Respected wishes.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 2 Finding friends.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day XXX: Ebola Syndrome (1996) (Film)

One Piece
episodes 659-674

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War episode 370 Without mercy.

Golden Kamuy 4th Season episode 41 Brain food.

Management of a Novice Alchemist episode 5 Cool clothing.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day XXXI: The Exorcist III: Legion (1990) (Film)

One Piece
episodes 675-682

Angel Beats Episodes 1-13 (English subbed, only got partway through the OVA bonus episode) - I'm really glad I finally watched this and would highly recommend it, has the mix of comedy, drama and romance that Jun Maeda is known for from Clannad and Kanon, but with a more pronounced musical presence with the live performances, and more action than those shows had also (I will try to write a bit about how I think all these compare to Little Busters when I have watched Refrain and EX, as I have currently only seen S1 of LB). The OVA was a bit too silly for me to bother finishing it as my mum is staying and I have other things to do, but I didn't dislike it tbf. Also was interesting hearing Megumi Ogata in a secondary character role that is somewhat similar to the VA style she employed voicing Hanako in Toilet-Bound Hanako, rather than the different styles she used for Shinji in NGE and Yukito in CCS :) Anyway this was an interesting series about life and accepting death, and I also enjoyed seeing a different cultural perspective than the ones I more commonly see in western media as it's interesting to see how the writers think about reincarnation and stuff like that from their spiritual perspective as it goes into more depth about the philosophical take than many other series do (I am not assuming that all Japanese or Asian people think the same, I just mean that reincarnation is not such a commonly held spiritual belief in the west comparatively, at least traditionally). So yeah I dug it :)

Chainsaw Man episode 4 Reward.

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit episode 5 Toasty.

Shinobi no Ittoki episode 5 Repetitious behaviour.

One Piece episodes 683-696

Chainsaw Man ep4

Generally warming to the show more now, but it feels like not that much has really happened since the first episode. On a tangentially related note, someone on the most recent AWO podcast described the series’s appeal as being like ‘a combination of Devilman with Beavis and Butthead’, which surely needs to be the box quote.

Pop Team Epic ep5

Akiba Maid War ep4

I did not expect this to be my favourite show this season, and yet, here we are…

Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf (Blu-ray)

This first OVA was very by the numbers and to be expected within its 45 minute time, but I liked it and gave Terry Bogard's origin story.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Episodes 8 - 19 (Blu-ray)

I am really enjoying Yamato 2199.

Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episode 5

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 29 - 31 (Blu-ray)

Back