Your viewing journal

Sgt Frog episodes (I think) 18-24: My new BR player decided to restart at a different point to where I had paused it earlier, and I didn't realise until I started wondering who all these new characters were. It's so crazy, it makes little difference to the enjoyment in the end. Can't wait to see where it decides to start from tomorrow!

My Master Has No Tail ep 3
Behind the scenes.

The Little Lies We All Tell ep 1
Seems like a slice of life show about 4 "school girls", but each one has a secret they're desperately trying to hide.

SPY x FAMILY p2 e3
New member of the family.

Pop Team Epic s2 e3
Crunchyroll forget to put the subs on a video, again!

Bocchi the Rock ep 2
One step forward.

A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 23

Beast Tamer Episode 3 How to Tame Your Dragon.

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss Episode 4 Plotting.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills Episode 3 Despair.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 3 Responsibility.

Spy x Family Episode 15 A new family.

The Little Lies We All Tell Episode 1 Secret's.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2 Episode 15 Festival fortunes.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 46 Working hard.

Blue Lock episode 2 Believing.

BOCCHI THE ROCK! episode 2 Quotas.

I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss episode 4 Pacey progression.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills episode 3 Sole survivor.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 116 Unlucky.

Pop Team Epic 2nd Season episode 3 Finally added the English subs.

Raven of the Inner Palace episode 3 In the shadows.

Spy x Family Part 2 episode 15 Borf!

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 17 Weakness.

Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! Double episode 3 Pricey prizes.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 2 Bullseye.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episode 2 Strongest strategy.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day XV: Dario Argento’s Phenonema (1985) (Film)

One Piece Movie: The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta (Film)
As an abridged version of the Alabasta Saga this is mainly only worth a watch for the updated fights and is no substitute for the full experience of watching or reading the saga. 3/5

One Piece Movie: Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Sakura (Film)
Drum Island was one of my least favourite arcs in the series so making a film out of it was never going to leave me with much to say - it’s a better retelling of the arc than movie 8 was for Alabasta at least as the arc is easier to condense. 2.5/5

Robotech: The Masters Saga
Took me a while to get into it but when I did it was great. Not as good as the Macross Saga but a decent continuation of the story nonetheless.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
This show was excellent! Never played the game and was not expecting the ultraviolence! But the show does a great job of getting us to know David and sympathise for him before all the madness goes down. And it really sticks the landing in the finale by letting the show get emotional. It was basically a masterpiece.

Kakegurui Twin
Fun little prequel this following Mary the year before the main series starts. I love how far fetched and insane the world of Kakegurui is. Imagine if this school actually existed - there'd be a government inquiry!

Werewolf by Night
Holy moly this was excellent. It's the Marvel Halloween Special on D+ and it's great. In black and white and evokes the old school 20s-40s (I think) horror movies. It's so much fun and looks amazing and is just so creative and different from the rest of the MCU. It's also Michael Giacchino's feature directorial debut and he does a masterful job. It's great.

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law
This show was wild! So much fun and really funny. Loved it. Returning characters were great. New characters were great (especially the phenomenon Madisynn!) And I loved Tatiana Maslanys turn as the titular heroine.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 271 Hunch.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day XVI: Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986) (Film)

One Piece Film: Strong World (Film) (Rewatch)
Oda’s supervision into the story helps this film stand out from its predecessors. 3.5/5

One Piece 3D: Mugiwara Chase (Film)
A short 30-minute film with 3D animation. It isn’t especially memorable and doesn’t linger in the mind once it’s done. 2/5

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 517-529

Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episode 3

Urusei Yatsura (2022) - Episode 1

I've watched a chunk of the original and have been very open mined about this adaption. This first episode was your standard setup and if I'm honest I'm not entirely convinced by the art style used but let's see where it goes.

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 112 - 113 (Blu-ray)

Last edited:
Eureka Seven - 47 to 50 FINISHED
I'm very conflicted with this show, I really enjoyed it while watching it, but I don't think I'll ever need to go back and watch it again. I don't think the story needed 50 episodes, but I also appreciated the breathing room that it had to let all the characters grow in that time. I can see why they don't make shows like this anymore, but I also wish that they would? I'm tempted to watch more, but the general consensus seems to be that all the spin offs and movies are not worth watching?

Mobile Suit Gundam - 1 to 12
I'm trying to watch some of the "classics" and I thought this would be an interesting one. I can really see where other shows are drawing their influences from this already. The "Stop complaining Amuro, and get in the robot!" for one, Char as the mysterious glass wearing mastermind, but also it's definitely pushing some interesting anti-war themes that I've seen in other Gundam shows. It's not going to be for everyone, you have to have an ability to look at it through a contemporary lens, i.e. overlooking some stuff that would be unacceptable in a modern show "men must not cry", "women must be slapped when they are disagreeable!" etc. I'm looking forward to see where this goes.

Spy X Family - 14 & 15
The Mister Dog arc, I've really enjoyed this. Anya justifiably stealing the show here, I'm wondering if Anya's telepathy/Mister Dog's clairvoyance will get explained/explored more in future. The beginnings of Loid thinking about what will happen to the "family" once his mission is over.

Management of a Novice Alchemist - 2 & 3
This show was doing fine until it took a massive turn, and suddenly became "Healthcare bankruptcy justified by the Insurance Industry: The Anime". I don't think I can remember another anime that turned me off so hard. I dropped this show half way through the episode.

Do It Yourself!! - 2
This show continues to amaze and enthral me. It is exactly what I'm looking for from this type of show, and the art style continues to impress me. It's either this or The Witch from Mercury as best show so far.

Back