Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 269 Figuring out.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day II: Urban Legend Trilogy: Urban Legend (1998), Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000), Urban Legends: Bloody Mary (2005) (Films)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 396-403

A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 21

A Couple of Cuckoo's Episode 23-24 (Complete. A series with a premise that initially piqued my interest with it's first cour which sadly I also lost interest in during the second, with that I'll unlikely be checking out the manga to see how the story concludes.) 3/5

Beast Tamer
Episode 1 Fateful encounter.

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss Episode 2 Subordinates.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills Episode 1 An OP farmer.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 1 I'm looking forward to another season.

Spy x Family Episode 13 Furry friend.

The Maid I Hired Recently is Mysterious Episode 10 Gift.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2 Episode 13 This should be another fun season.

Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episode 1

I really liked this first episode of The Witch from Mercury and I can't wait to see more.

Venus Wars (Blu-ray)

It feels like I'm on a bit of a Yas kick at the moment! I bought Venus Wars for the fourth time in the recent(ish) Right Stuf birthday sale, this time the Sentai Blu-ray release (having bought it VHS, DVD and then the Discotek Blu-ray) and I've been keen to watch it since the package arrived.

I've seen Venus Wars lots of times in the last 30 years and it continues to stand up really well for me. I think a lot of the way the story places out is still so relevant today and this film will always be a favourite of mine.

This Sentai version is meant to look better than the Discotek release and in places it does but it's not a night and day difference overall.

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 19 - 21 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episode 105 & 106 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 continues to entertain me, this two part story about Martial Arts Dining was absolutely brilliant and had that perfect Ranma 1/2 mix of comedy and character drama.

Pop Team Epic s2 e1
After a few minutes I remembered why I dropped the first season. It just a bit too random, though it got a couple of laughs out of me.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury ep 1
Duel.
Don't know why the MC is being played as so nervous out of her mech when she's so confident in her piloting skills. Feels a little of an odd juxtaposition.

SPY x FAMILY p2 e1
Pet shopping.

Golden Kamuy s4 e1
How's your luck.

Golden Kamuy 4th Season episode 37 Peeker.

Management of a Novice Alchemist episode 1 Enhanced fashion accessory.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day III: Them! (1954) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 404-405, 408-414

I'm the Villainess So I'm Taming The Final Boss ep1: Another of these weird shows about otome games from a writer who has apparently never played otome games. It's not terrible, just pointlessly middle-of-the-road. Feels like a bunch of executives got together and brainstormed elements that would appeal to women and just threw it all together with no consideration for originality, coherence or entertainment value (which is weird when it originated as a LN with an actual author) but that's nothing new. At least the final boss guy seems decent; a rarity. I've seen everything that happened before in other shows, though.

Beast Tamer ep1: Speaking of having seen everything that happened in other shows... wow. The low budget knock-off Spice & Wolf remake nobody asked for, with added 'cutesy slavery' themes, a desperate attempt to copy the formula of all of the 'wronged hero' garbage we've been getting in the last few years and probably the worst character writing of the season. This has to be the nadir of the autumn season, right? Thank goodness I got it out of the way!

Raven of the Inner Palace ep1: Not much was really explained in the first episode but it didn't insult my intelligence and managed a decent ending partway through the central mystery story which made me want to keep watching. It had a distinct visual style too (unlike the other two). And I was never taken out of the action so that some idiot could ask random strangers to explain his own world for the benefit of the viewer every two minutes; the characters spoke like real people. A keeper for now.

Golden Kamuy s4 ep1: It's a very consistent series, and never afraid to do its own thing or poke fun at its surprisingly colourful cast of weirdos. There were a few great visual gags but at the same time, the plot kept moving and it wasn't filler. A good tonic to wash the bad memories of Beast Tamer away. It also has more beasts in each episode than Beast Tamer is likely to, and uses them better to boot.

Spy x Family s2 ep1: A so-so episode but now we're all reintroduced I'm sure I'll enjoy what follows, even if it's not going to be full of all that many surprises as a shounen show to the core.

R

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit episode 1 Recap.

Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season episode 11 Decisions and denial.

Shinobi no Ittoki episode 1 Confession.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day IV: House of Wax (1953) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 415-423

Eps 1-13 of Karneval complate :cool:
Sex cams and cam girls are the hottest new way to get your rocks off. With the click of a button, you can be connected to a live cam girl who will do whatever you want. Whether you're looking for a naughty show, a sensual striptease, or a wild night of role-playing, sex cams and cam girls offer something for everyone - Group Live Sex Shows with Horny Couples, Join in on the Action!

Last edited:
Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit Episode 1 This season should be another comfy outing.

Love Live! Superstar! Season 2 Episode 23 Opportunity offer.

Management of a Novice Alchemist Episode 1 Enchanted accessory.

Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 1 Modern day ninjas.

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 1-12 + OVA (Rewatch) (Complete. Despite only being half length episodes, even on rewatch the fanservice mishaps are still ridiculously humourous.) 3/5

Time to finish the Summer (nearly) and even Spring shows:

A Couple of Cuckoos eps 22-24 (complete)
Clues, naughty things and birthday.
I liked the characters in this series all the girls are likable and even Nagi, your typical harem lead (studies hard and is a bit of a loner yet somehow gets all the girls), has his moments. The Umino parents are fun too. The show didn't go too Domestic Girlfriend in its plot and was largely quite a wholesome comedy.
The only problem was the open ending. As the manga is unfinished this could be seen as a positive as unlike other shows they didn't pick one of the girls for an anime original ending, but I'm not sure if it'll be popular enough to continue till we get that answer in anime form like with The Quintessential Quintuplets. It wasn't just the romance angle that was left dangling, even in the last episode they put in a new question to only not answer it!
The art is nice with the girls being cute and the animation was OK.
7/10

Hanabi-chan: The Girl Who Popped Out of the Game World
eps 6-12 (complete)
A short where slot/pachinko machines come to life as anthropomorphised cute girls (of course) and help/hinder their new owner who's just inherited a run down gambling hall from his grandfather. Some of the comedy was fun, but again the shorts barely make a normal episode when put together so there's not much to go on.
Art and animation were OK.
6/10

Lycoris Recoil
eps 10-13 (complete)
The final act.
A secret organisation prevents terrorist attacks by nipping them in the bud before they come to fruition, but now someone is out expose them. Meanwhile one of the agents of the secret organisation (Takina) is kicked out for disobeying orders and ends up working with another ex-agent (Chisato) on mercenary missions run out of a café.
Takina starts out as a straight-laced person who has no experience of the real world due to her upbringing by the organisation and is desperate to go back, meanwhile Chisato is a free spirit with boundless energy and vows not to kill when on a mission. Together they form a friendship, with plenty of yuri bait, as they gradually get pulled into the plot against their previous employers.
The main characters partnership from odd couple to besties for life is great fun and the action is excellent. The main plot was OK, but the motivation for the bad guys is odd at best for one (he doesn't like the fact that the peace of Japan is essentially a false peace because of the secret organisation. Really I think he just likes chaos) and dumb for the other (he gave Chisato a mechanical heart so she could go on killing people, it backfired and now he's going to kill her!)
The art and animation were very good indeed especially, as I mentioned above, the action. The character designs were all pretty unique despite the more realistic look and the fact that all the girls in the organisation wear the same uniform.
8/10

Yuru Camp
s1 e10 (dub)
Christmas trip planning.
The lack of sign subtitles is annoying!

On to some more Autumn shows:

Mob Psycho 100 III ep 1
Thinking of the future.

Shinobi no Ittoki ep 1
Eventful date.
Seems like it could be fun with its fairly bonkers plot, but the art and animation aren't the best.

Do it Yourself!! episode 1 Joining the club.

Mob Psycho 100 III episode 1 Broccoli.

The Eminence in Shadow episode 1 Masked.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day V: Night of the Demon (1980) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 424-425, 430-436

Last edited:
Spy x Family ep13

Pop Team Epic S2 ep1

Someone at that studio really likes Shouta Aoi. I also slightly miss the random commentary from that one French animator.

Lupin III: Part 2 ep44

A few cringeworthy jokes about the Australians aside (probably added for the dub), this was another strong one, with a novel setup that sees Lupin and Jigen attempt to smash their way into an apparently unbreakable armoured car, unaware that Zenigata is lying in wait inside it.

Last edited:
VAZZROCK ep1: Half an hour of my life wasted watching a bunch of lazily-animated talking heads congratulating one another about things that they'd mostly done off-camera and being boringly agreeable. The majority of the boys were charmless and it didn't even come off well as an idol show; the only word for it is 'tepid'. One for the TsukiPro hardcore fans only, though I think the unambitious animation will disappoint a lot of them as well.

Reincarnated as a Sword ep1: Another copy-paste isekai with no redeeming qualities whatsoever in its characters, worldbuilding or story. And of course there are more slave girls who need bailing out by the useless lead. Presumably some people watched Reincarnated as a Slime and wanted another version of it except with a lamer protagonist and even more genre tropes. I'm so over this stuff. Please try harder, anime industry.

Shinobi no Ittoki ep1: I'm dropping it because it didn't give me any reason to continue but this was at least somewhat entertaining (unlike the other two), even though all of the 'twists' were telegraphed so heavily that there were no surprises to be had. The ninja (I feel silly spoilering it when it's in the title) stuff was fun - though barely got any screen time - and there are some good ideas here amongst the lead's obliviousness and impending harem themes. I thought it was going to get cool when the policeman died but it was just a weird fake-out for no strategic reason other than to shock the viewer. This show made me nostalgic for Flame of Recca.

R

Do It Yourself!! Episode 1 A new club member.

Immoral Guild (Uncensored) Episode 1 Lewd mishaps.

The Eminence in Shadow Episode 1 Mask.

Reincarnated as a Sword Episode 2 Guild test.

Encouragement of Climb: New Summit ep 1
When I saw that the episodes were going to be full length I was pleased because the other seasons were half length or even shorter, but then it turns out that the first 4! episodes are going to be recaps. Oh well, nice to re-watch some of the nice moments from this franchise. And it still leaves 8 full episodes.

Akiba Maid War ep 1
Seems like it'll be a riot. The highlight in the first episode was a shoot out between maids to a musical number!

Immoral Guild ep 1 (uncensored)
An ecchi fantasy comedy. Seems like the main "joke" will be cute, but incompetent girl gets into trouble and then finds herself in a compromising position.

Do It Yourself!! ep 1
A CGDCT with DIY! Quite unique character designs and those characters have quirky personalities.

Back