Your viewing journal

Gatchaman Crowds - episodes 1 - 12

Latest title from my backlog, interesting fighting series with a reasonable ending.

although it didn't explain why Rui crossdresses in public or why Utsutsu wears a bikini most of the time (other than for fan service?)

Appleseed (1988 OVA - Blu-ray)

I've been a big fan of Appleseed ever since I first saw it in th 90's (and another anime I've now bought on 3 formats) and it still holds up well for me. I love the sinister edge it has as it tells it's story about humanity evolving to utopian societies and the integration of robots and enchanced humans into that society.

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 16 - 18 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episode 101 - 104 (Blu-ray)

Last edited:
Luminous Witches eps 10-12 (complete)
Homecoming, returning and the big show.
A pretty fun idol show spun off from Strike Witches, which I haven't seen, but I'm guessing has a different tone. Another show with too many characters, although they mostly got their own episode each. There wasn't much to the story, a bunch of misfits not able to fight come together and shockingly have the skills between them to write songs, make costumes, choreograph routines and then actually perform them to high standard. There was some light drama along the way, but all tropey like; I can't do this thing, but with friends I can get over it and then do said thing, etc.
The art and animation were OK, but you can definitely tell most effort was put into the performances which were good as were the songs.
7/10

Call of the Night
eps 10-13 (complete)
Maid, school rumours, uncertainty and decision time.
A chill watch with good fun characters, excellent music and cinematography. Shame the plot didn't really go anywhere until the last couple of episodes as it was starting to drag a tad. I've seen a few "it gets better" from the manga fans, so definitely up for a second season.
The art is very nice, it was driving me nuts as to where I'd seen similar character designs, turns out the mangaka also did Dagashi Kashi. The animation was very good too.
7/10

Summer's not over yet, but Autumn is here:
My Master Has No Tail ep 1
Seems like fun. A Tanuki visits Osaka, but can't trick any of the humans and then she watches a master Rakugoka "trick" the humans with her expert telling of her story and so the Tanuki decides she wants to do the same. Some of the jokes are Japanese puns or references, but there were enough that translated well enough.

Yuru Camp s1 e9 (dub)
Virtual guide.

Book of Bantorra episodes 19-27: Well I think most of the questions were answered, but there were so many plot twists in the last half dozen episodes that I can't be sure. I think I enjoyed the journey to the big finale. No extras apart from a couple of previews.

Call of the Night Episode 13 (Complete. A vampire romance series with a colorful artstyle nightime setting that was a rather fun watch.) 3.5/5

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV
Episode 11 (Complete... for now. So far his has been a fairly solid gritty action-packed season and I'm looking forward to the next half in January.) 4/5

Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun Episode 12 (Complete. This seasons story picks up where DotDS concludes and continues to build upon the world-building and tragedy. For me this is definitely my AOTS and potentially of the year.) 4.5/5

My Master Has No Tail
Episode 1 Seems decent enough but probably one for the 3-eps rule.

Overlord IV Episode 13 (Complete. Another season that for me futher progressed the overall story along quite well.) 4/5

Reincarnated as a Sword
Episode 1 Nice to see a whole new fresh take on the "Reincarnated as a" concept being used.

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2 Episode 12 (Complete. A second season that has been long overdue and with another sequel coming next year which I'll definitely be watching, it's good to see this story get a continuation.) 3.5/5

uncle-from-another-world-isekai-ojisan.gif

BASTARD!! -Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 20-24 (Completed)
OVERLORD IV (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-13 (Completed)
Uncle from Another World (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-7

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Intrigue episode 37 A tough job.

My Master Has No Tail episode 1 Meeting.

One Piece (Rewatch) episodes 364-381, 385-387

Call of the Night episodes 10-11.
Smile of the Arsnotoria the Animation episode 12. (finished)
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon IV episodes 10-11. (finished)

A Couple of Cuckoos episodes 23-24 Shrine. (Complete. This series had some promise in the initial cour but I gradually began losing interest during the second, and I’m currently not very inclined to see where the story goes from here.) 3/5

I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss
episodes 1-2 Introduction and underlings.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills episode 1 Fortunate farming skills.

Kingdom 4th Season episode 129 Admission. (Complete. An impressive continuation that opens up the storyline to some exciting prospects - bring on season five!) 4/5

My Hero Academia Sixth Season
episode 114 Preparation.

Pop Team Epic 2nd Season episode 1 Needing each other.

Raven of the Inner Palace episode 1 This could be a promising watch.

Spy x Family Part 2 episode 13 A new companion.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 15 Just causes.

Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! Double episode 1 Pining for Summer.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day I: I know What You Did Last Summer Trilogy: I know What You Did Last Summer (1997), I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1999), I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (2006) (Films)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 388-395

Last edited:
My Hero Academia World Heroes Mission
What a film! Probably my favourite of the MHA films. Really enjoyed how the themes of choice and freedom were explored with the various characters. And in true MHA style it looked absolutely stunning.

Dr Stone: Stone Wars
This show is excellent. I love how into science it is. Some really good twists and turns and closes out the main plot from season 1. Really hope they keep making it as the ending promises big things to come!

Combatants Will Be Dispatched
The ol' villian is a hero trope. Very silly but also pretty funny.

Emma season 1
The show is so glacial that I struggled with it at first but in the second half when the drama ratchets up it all became far more engaging and interesting.

Suppose A Kid From The Last Dungeon Boonies Moved To A Starter Town?
Stupid title but I did enjoy this a lot. It was fun and funny with a likable cast. Nothing groundbreaking or anything but a nice easy watch.

Back