Your viewing journal

A Little Snow Fairy, Sugar episodes 1-13: Awwww. Channeling my inner ten-year-old girl for this one. I'd forgotten how many arguments Sugar and Saga had in the first half dozen episodes. Greta is still my favourite character (and Ginger, for consistently fending off that dirty old Elder)

Call of the Night episode 12 Part of the ordinary.

Chimimo episode 12 Hellish weather and saying goodbye? (Complete. Cute and laidback but with a slice of hell-based antics for good measure.) 3.5/5

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV
episode 10 Second time around.

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 episode 11 Blush.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting episode 12 Flower language. (Complete. A solid watch which pulled off both the sweeter and darker story beats.) 3.5/5

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 182-194

Rent-A-Girlfriend s2 eps 10-12 (complete)
Bad news, aquarium date and dream.
I can't decide whether Kazuya is a trashy moron stringing along girls and doing dumb and creepy stuff or a horny idiot that's somehow found his way into a crazy situation, but still tries to do good things by the girls which end up back firing a lot of the time! Probably more of the latter, but either way he is an idiot and a loud one at that. As for the girls 2 are pretty annoying and another is so shy she has no personality which leaves the winner so clear there's no point rooting for the others even if you wanted to!
No change in the art and animation from the first season. I will say the text pop ups seems to be more obnoxious than before, there's no time to read them and the subs, and a lot of the time they fill in gaps in what the characters are thinking whilst saying something else!
6/10
Probably still watch season 3, due to the plot point introduced at the end of this season 😝

Yuru Camp s1 e8 (dub)
New kit.

Bucchigire eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Resurrection and... (waits for Crunchyroll to actually put up the English subs!) Welp, I had to go elsewhere 😉 as still no English subs on CR!
Pretty mediocre story with nothing particularly new, big bad wants to use ancient spirits to take over Japan, although a varied cast with some interesting characters. Others, MC included, less so.
I liked the art and the animation was OK.
6/10

Call of the Night Episode 12 Ordinary.

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Episode 10 History repeats.

Prima Doll Episode 12 Forgotten. (Complete. A series that uses some interesting ideas that made for quite the intriguing watch.) 3/5

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2
Episode 11 Blush.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting Episode 12 (Complete. Occasional unrelated darker aspects at times outshined by the lighter and sweeter story tones that made for a solid watch.) 3.5/5

When Will Ayumu Make His Move?
Episode 12 Coming to terms. (Complete. An enjoyable SoL with a likeable cast of characters for which I would very much welcome another season.) 3.5/5

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer episode 12 Unexpected guest.

Prima Doll episode 12 Diary. (Complete. Though not every episode was great this had its moments and an air of poignancy also.) 3/5

Shadows House 2nd Season
episode 12 High hopes. (Complete. This second season stepped things up in terms of the mystery of the house and the goings-one behind the scenes. Hopefully a third season is feasible.) 3.5/5

When Will Ayumu Make His Move?
episode 12 Returning home. (Complete. Though aspects of the premise and set-up felt familiar this was a pleasant romance comedy for a Friday evening.) 3.5/5

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 195, 207-212, 217-219, 227-238

Last edited:
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar episodes 14-26: So a turtle wants to fly because he fancies a dove? Would their children be turtledoves? :cool: All lovely and emotionally satisfying. And the little girl's name is Kanon? Hmm, must get around to watching my new copy of that anime at some point.

A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 20

A Couple of Cuckoo's Episode 22 Clues.

Black Summoner Episode 12 A haughty reincarnation. (Complete. An enjoyable fantasy outing that made for a decent watch thanks to it's varied main cast of characters. The only downside was the constant swapping between 2D and CGI animation.) 3/5

Engage Kiss Episode 13 Aftermath. (Complete. Original animes are unpredictable and can sometimes be either a hit or a miss but I found this to be rather decent and entertaining.) 3.5/5

Extreme Hearts
Episode 12 Rise to fame. (Complete. A sports anime that portrays teams of girls competing against each other in a variety of sporting matches whilst wearing technologically enhanced gear.) 3/5

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss
Episode 1 This looks like an interesting watch.

Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 (Complete. A solid girls with guns anime that hit the ground running with it's interesting premise, decent amount of action and a very likeable lead. This by far is my AOTS. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka I felt did a great job at playing the villain.)  4/5

The Maid I Hired Recently is Mysterious Episode 9 Concerned and clumsy.

A Couple of Cuckoos episode 22 Still a child.

Black Summoner episode 12 Battle junkie. (Complete. An action fantasy series that though not exactly original provided a decent watch - not sure if the messaging at the end of the final episode will actually come to fruition though.) 3/5

Engage Kiss
episode 13 Uncover. (Complete. Though it had its moments I felt a bit indifferent towards the story by the conclusion.) 3/5

Extreme Hearts
episode 12 Still work to do. (Complete. The premise here was interesting but the storyline felt a bit hindered by its familiarity.) 2.5/5

Kingdom 4th Season
episodes 127-128 Aftermath of the rebellion.

Lycoris Recoil episode 13 Earnest friend. (Complete. This stood out for me as one of the Stronger new offerings from the season. I wouldn’t mind a continuation one day either.) 4/5

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth
episode 14 In too deep?

One Piece (Rewatch) episodes 239-262

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners ep3-7

I can see why everyone fussed over episode 6, it’s certainly striking, both in its visuals and what it’s doing thematically. I’ve enjoyed the show so far, the way it’s handled the story feels quite fresh - the way it’s structured seems more like a tabletop campaign than a typical TV anime, but that works for them here.

Seasonal Anime:

Engage Kiss - 7/10
Lycoris Recoil - 9/10
Musasi-no - 4/10
Rent-a-Girlfriend 2nd Season - 8/10
Teppen!!!!! - 6/10

I need to start:

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV

Series I've started/finished this season

Mieruko-chan - 9/10
Mushoku Tensei - Episodes 1 - 9
Pokemon Sun & Moon - Episodes 1 - 15

Series I stopped caring about due to its UK treatment:

Love Live Superstar

Log Horizon series 2 episodes 14-25: Put off watching this for ages and I think I was right. Slow, confusing and inconsistent. I know too little about MMORPG's to retain any interest. Some of the characters were fun, though, especially the kids. Doubt I'll be purchasing series 3 anytime soon.

Book of Bantorra episodes 1-9: Interesting concept but I'm confused about the classification of humans in this world. And also what the "bad guys" are actually after. Lots of action and violence. Will reserve judgement until I've seen the rest of the series.

Back