Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 267 Play for today.

League of Nations Air Force Aviation Magic Band Luminous Witches episode 11 Welcoming.

Parallel World Pharmacy episode 11 Plague squirrels.

Yurui Deco episode 12 Placed faith. (Complete. A visually interesting series but from a story perspective I wasn’t quite as engaged.) 3/5

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 100, 103-125

Last edited:
A Couple of Cuckoos eps 20 & 21
Cycling and beach going.

Bucchigire eps 9 & 10
Restoration and provocation.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting eps 9 & 10
First meetings & awakening.

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI eps 22-24 (complete)
A very random series which was more a stream of consciousness than anything. Each episode was a very short skit, shorter than the OP! Some were amusing enough, but not particularly LOL worthy.
The art was OK, but there was minimal animation. Apart from in the OP which was pretty good.
5/10

Yuru Camp
s1 e7 (dub)
Lakeside.

Last edited:
Is This A Zombie Of The Dead complete series and extras: just as fun and quirky as the first season.

Now watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, as I was in Munich last week and took a train to Rotheberg Ob Der Tauber (Vulgaria in the movie and the setting of A Little Snow Fairy, which I hope to watch again sometime this week).

Gungrave Episode 26 - I rewatched this one because I remember it been a good finale. It's still a really strong conclusion even though it's been a few years and I am hazy on the details.

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - That is an incredibly weird spin-off. There are parts to it I enjoy and how it depicts the Code Geass universe. But despite its length it fails to develop its subplots or resolve the conflicts in a satisfactorily way or figure out what message it wants to present. And a lot of the attempts to bring in new concepts or technology into the canon are really silly.

Classroom of the Elite 2nd Season episode 12 Fear.

One Piece (Rewatch) episodes 126-130, 144-153

Last edited:
Is This A Zombie? & Of The Dead
Really fun but also able to be surprisingly dark at times which I'd forgotten.

Vinland Saga
Holy moly this show was excellent. So dark and brutal! I found Thorfin pretty annoying for the first half but the show does some really good character work with him and many others which make the show very engrossing.

Yurei Deco eps 10-12 (complete)
Some interesting ideas with a pretty fun and varied cast of characters, but the story felt a bit meandering at times with many "x of the week" type episodes, although they did provide the odd piece to the overall plot. The reveal at the end was pretty underwhelming though.
Very unique art work and the animation was OK.
6/10

Dropkick On My Devil!! X episode 12 Beat the heat. (Complete. Another enjoyable season - maybe one day the series will actually get a home media release in the West.) 3.5/5

Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season
episode 9 Skill difference.

Overlord IV episode 51 Preserve.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ episode 12 Clearing the sky. (Complete. As far as remakes go this left me with similar feelings to that of the original series. This is getting a second season in 2023 which I will check out as it airs.) 3/5

Vermeil in Gold ~A Magician Pushes Through the Magical World With the Strongest Disaster~
episode 12 Doing what’s best. (Complete. Though this had its strengths I felt the ending was a bit flat, as were the antagonists.) 3/5

One Piece (Rewatch) e
pisodes 154-166

Last edited:
Dropkick on My Devil!! X Episode 12 (Complete. Another enjoyable outing. Like others, I'm also hopeful of a Blu-ray release here in the West.) 3.5/5

Overlord IV Episode 12 Flash freeze.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ Episode 12 (Complete. Having watched the orignal series many years ago and now having finished the remake, this imo just felt like a copy and paste with a fresh coat of paint. With season 2 coming next year I'll also be checking it out.) 3/5

Vermeil  in Gold ~A Magician Pushes Through the Magical World With the Strongest Disaster~
Episode 12 (Complete. A decent fantasy series overall with a interesting concept at the core.) 3/5

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6

Going to attempt to delve into some of the newer anime. Heard this new Trigger series was solid so I watched the first 6 episodes today, and it's really great. The music is top-notch (though it does seem to have borrowed music from the game itself, but I did recognise HEALTH of Max Payne 3 fame) and the animation has some unique designs, especially with the 6th episode.

I am going the subbed route which can be hard to read at first due to the on-screen text being quick and having Dolby Vision on meant the subtitles are more grey than white, but overall I'm really enjoying the series and hopefully it sticks the landing.

Spy x Family - Episode 6 - 12

So glad I finally got back to this as I enjoyed the first three episodes a lot when it started airing but as I always do, I start a billion shows each season and I get behind but at the same time, it was nice to be able to binge the majority of it, not having to wait each week for the new episode... which I'll be having to do next season now with Part 2 😂

The show itself though made me literally laugh out loud and it was so wholesome as well, Anya is to precious, enjoyed every moment of it, 10 / 10 for me personally.

Just got back from the cinema where I saw Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan's Island. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Though my partner regularly watches anime with me she hasn't watched any Gundam previously (well she's seen the odd scene when I've been watching it) and she really liked it too. In my opinion it had a well told and meaningful story that massively expands on the original TV episode and I really enjoyed some of the character moments with the white base crew. Looked lovely too.

It had a disappointing turn out in my local Cineworld though: usually anime movies are packed, particularly when they're very limited showings however there were a grand total of 5 people including my wife and I.

Smile of the Arsnotoria The Animation episode 12 Final fire. (Complete. A series that combines middling SoL antics with seemingly unrelated segments of a darker storyline - not a series I’m likely to rewatch.) 2.5/5

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 167-181

Last edited:
Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World (Uncensored) Episode 12 (Complete. A fantasy outing with softcore sex-scenes. This seasons entry for the - How is this not a "HENTAI" genre.) 3/5

My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex
Episode 12 (Complete. This to me just felt like a toned down carbon copy version of DomeKano with their identical similarities and story concept.) 2.5/5

Smile of the Arsnotoria the Animation
Episode 12 (Complete. A series that mixed typical SoL antics with unrelated scenes of a secondary darker story. I highly doubt I'll ever be revisiting this again.) 2.5/5

Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan's Island (Cinema)

It was awesome to see this on a cinema screen and it stood up really well on a second watch.

Compiler - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

Compiler Festa

Apart from a few scenes in episode 2 of the first OVA these are quite possibly some of the dullest anime I've ever seen. The opening credits of the first OVA promise so much and then the actual content completely fails to deliver. I suspect these OVAs heavily rely on you having read the manga first.

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 9 - 15 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episode 100 (Blu-ray)

Last edited:
Back