Your viewing journal

Cardcaptor Sakura ep1-35
Fun show but also underwhelming. I feel I set my expectations too high based on other Clamp things I've seen.
Not having the nostalgia value, nor an interest in non-grimdark magical girl shows, I wouldn't be able to watch this either but it has succeeded in getting my 5-year-old into anime where Little Witch Academia and Ghibli failed, so I love it just on that basis alone!

A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 14

A Couple of Cuckoo's Episode 16

Black Summoner Episode 6

Engage Kiss Episode 7

Extreme Hearts Episode 6

Lycoris Recoil Episode 7

The Maid I Hired Recently is Mysterious Episode 3

Getting ready for the neighbors to come over to start Princess Principal on the back deck tonight. I setup my All-in-One PC on the patio table and I'm popping some fresh popcorn in my popper machine down in the basement theater room right now to take outside. Should be a really nice evening for anime outside, a little above 70 degrees F, and low humidity.

popping400.jpgpopped400.jpg
aio1600.jpg

Last edited:
A Couple of Cuckoos episode 16 We are detective.

Black Summoner episode 6 A rice guy.

Engage Kiss episode 7 Desires.

Extreme Hearts episode 6 Strike!

Lycoris Recoil episode 7 Suited up.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 8 Spar.

Kakeguruixx episodes 4-12 (Complete. A solid second season that continued to offer an entertaining watch. Hopefully a third season will materialise in time.) 3.5/5

Katekyō Hitman Reborn!
episodes 1-20 I opted to skim through the introduction arc for this partial rewatch (I got around halfway on my initial attempt at KHR), focusing on key moments and character introductions as the arc was tedious the first time around.

Last edited:
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 262 Sabotage.

Parallel World Pharmacy episode 6 Hole in the ocean.

Yurui Deco episode 7 Ramen cart rumours.

Katekyō Hitman Reborn! episodes 21-26, 34-45

Yagami's Family Affair - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final]

Watched for the next episode of the podcast.

Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01 (Blu-ray)

AnimEigo's kickstarter arrived last week and I got a chance to watch it on Friday, I know it has it's detractors but I really like MADOX-01, it's simple action entertainment and just looks lovely in HD.

Cowboy Bebop - The Movie (Blu-ray)

Lewis and I are guesting on the Collateral Cinema podcast to talk about Cowboy Bebop soon so got a rewatch of the movie in in preperation.

Original Astro Boy episodes 1-10: darker than I expected for a kids show from the 60s.

The Dragon Dentist: Interesting story of people living on a dragon whose sole job is to clean its teeth. A lot of unanswered questions, as usual. The teeth being those more suited to a herbivore for a start....

Lycoris Recoil eps 4 & 5
Girls day out and tour guide.

My Stepmother's Daughter is My Ex eps 4 & 5
Date and sleep over.

Yurei Deco eps 4 & 5
Playing detective and Nue world order.

Classroom of the Elite 2nd Season episode 7 See you.

My Isekai Life: I Gained a Second Character Class and Became the Strongest Sage in the World! episode 8 Armouring up.

Katekyō Hitman Reborn! episodes 46-55, 57-59

Love Live! Superstar! Season 2 Episode 17

My Isekai Life: I Gained a Second Character Class and Became the Strongest Sage in the World! Episode 8

Parallel World Pharmacy Episode 6

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut Episodes 1-3. So I decided to check this series out after all, because the description on FunimationNow listed the genres as "Sci Fi, Drama, Romance, Action/Adventure." I thought it was going to be a lighter type of anime, but the words Drama and Romance drew me in like a moth to a flame, lol. I wasn't so keen on the vampire part either - that is, until I became totally hooked on Call of the Night this season, lol. So far so good in these first three episodes; it's definitely lacking two of my major turnoffs in anime - a high school setting, and comedy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the romance part, too, as there's nothing I like better than a good Rom-Dram anime.

Worlds End 1-5
Kemono Jihen 1-4
Alderamin of the Sky 1-6

Quiet weekend and for the first time in a while I found more than one title I wanted to binge a bit.

Dropkick On My Devil!! X episode 7 Obihiro occupation.

Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season episode 5 Play and production.

Overlord IV episode 46 Dragons and devastation.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ episode 7 Truth.

Vermeil in Gold ~A Magician Pushes Through the Magical World With the Strongest Disaster~ episode 7 Lust and mistrust.

Katekyō Hitman Reborn! episodes 60-65, 74-80

Back