A Couple of Cuckoo's Episode 15

Black Summoner Episode 5

Engage Kiss Episode 6

Extreme Hearts Episode 5

League of Nations Air Force Aviation Magic Band Luminous Witches Episode 6

Lycoris Recoil Episode 6

Parallel World Pharmacy Episode 5

VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire - Episodes 24 - 26 [Final]

Fire comes to an entertaining and almost apocolyptic ending!!! It's been a good series that I have enjoyed a lot, it got somewhat generic during the VS level episodes but really picked up again for the final 7-8 episodes or so. It's been interesting to see in the immediate timeframe of Evangelion's airing how Eva's influence reached even Lamune with obvious homage's in the Kasier Fire mecha and the way the conclusion plays out which is very different to the previous anime.

VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fresh - Episodes 1 - 6 [Final]

So a rewatch of this to complete the franchise. I had the CPM disc and last watched it years ago and as much as I don't agree with everything Mike Tools says about Fresh he was right that it didn't make a lot of sense having not being able to watch any of the other anime in the franchise. Now having seen Fire and the rest it certainly does now make a lot of sense, I actually really enjoyed Fresh this time round, the second half builds up to a decent ending and it's still a lot of fun along the way.

Doomsday With My Dog ep1-2

Rather liked this, there’s something faintly Calvin & Hobbes-esque about the main character wandering around and having daft conversations with her remarkably sensible dog. The lack of animation is slightly disappointing though - even compared to Way of the Househusband, there‘s very little movement here, at least not beyond mouth-flaps.

Uncle From Another World ep3

I’m increasingly charmed by this; despite the scratchy, unflattering aesthetic suggesting something darker, it’s surprisingly relaxed and warm hearted.

I haven't watched anything in 2 weeks and I was already behind, so I've decided to drop some stuff I didn't particularly rate: Engage Kiss (apart from the action it's a bit dull and repetitive with boring plot), Teppen!!!!! (not really my style of comedy, plus they had to cut an episode, so a team missed their introduction) and Phantom of the Idol (amusing enough, but after Heroines another male idol group show is a bit too much). On the chopping block, because I haven't even got to the third episode yet!, is Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer (which will probably go) and The Maid I Hired Recently is Suspicious (episode 1 was OK).

So let's start the catch up with... A show I've already watched at least twice and also read the manga!:
Yuru Camp s1 e1 (dub)
The dub seemed alright, there's one character doing the squeaky voice thing (which really doesn't work in English for the vast majority of characters and especially none of these guys) in the intro bit, wasn't sure which character it was, but Rin and Nadeshiko seemed pretty good in the rest of the episode. The rest didn't get many lines in the episode, but seemed OK. Weirdly none had a squeaky voice, so maybe they decided to change it slightly and just left that bit in the intro or forgot to re-record. One thing I noticed is the slapstick violence between Nadeshiko and her sister seemed even more violent than I remember, maybe I was concentrating on the subs to not take it in fully! What I did remember was how chilled the soundtrack is, but it's a bit weird watching this comfy show set in Autumn/Winter in this heat.

Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer ep 3 (dropped)
Yeah, could be a good story, but the production is so poor. Also felt this episode rushed through a plotline that probably could have done with a bit more exploring. Also our male MC is a bit dour, although the female MC seems like a lot of fun. Another one that I might read at some point instead.

The Maid I Hired Recently is Suspicious ep 2
Forgot about the "humour" of the show. A shouta and/or his older maid getting embarrassed about romantic innuendo. Might give it one more, as it turns out I'm actually up to date as episode 3 was delayed.

Ha, not much of a catch up, but it's a start.

Last edited:
Classroom of the Elite 2nd Season episode 6 Problem child.

My Isekai Life: I Gained a Second Character Class and Became the Strongest Sage in the World! episode 7 Stalked.

Initial D: Legend 1- Awakening (Film), Initial D: Legend 2 - Racer (Film) & Initial D: Legend 3 - Dream (Film) These films do a reasonable job at recapping the events of the series but I’d recommends watching the stages in full if you’re a first time viewer. 3/5, 3.5/5, 3.5/5

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory - I enjoyed that overall, especially the music and animation but you can feel it in your bones every time they change writers. Especially in the middle when there's a sudden increase in scenes where people run out of the room crying. Pretty good spin-off though.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting eps 3 & 4
Neko and going viral.

Hanabi-chan eps 3-5
Yet another recruit, re-opening and lunch rotation.

A Couple of Cuckoos eps 13 & 14
Lack of concentration and studying hard.
The new OP and ED aren't any where near as good as the first ones!

Dropkick On My Devil!! X episode 6 On the run.

Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season episode 4 Resistance.

Overlord IV episode 45 Stirred hearts.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ episode 6 Voices.

Vermeil in Gold ~A Magician Pushes Through the Magical World With the Strongest Disaster~ episode 6 Rage.

In this Corner of the World (Film) A historical drama and slice-of-life story mainly set upon the backdrop of WWII that was a poignant watch) 4/5

Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Rewatch)
episodes 1-7

Dropkick on My Devil!! X Episode 6 On the run.

Overlord IV Episode 6 Heart stirring.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ Episode 6 Vocals.

Vermeil  in Gold ~A Magician Pushes Through the Magical World With the Strongest Disaster~ Episode 6 Fury.

Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun episode 6 Takedown.

Smile of the Arsnotoria The Animation episode 6 The things we want.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Rewatch) episodes 8-12 (Complete. When I initially watched this during broadcast I came away not having strong feeling ether way but this rewatch has me continuing with the following seasons.) 4/5

Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2
episodes 1-9

Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World (Uncensored) Episode 6

Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun Episode 6

My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex Episode 6

Smile of the Arsnotoria the Animation
Episode 6

Call of the Night episode 6 Responsibility and jealousy.

Chimimo episode 6 Matters.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV episode 4 Mermaid’s song.

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 episode 5 To the beach.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting episode 6 A brand new friend.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 episodes 10-12 & OVA (Complete. A very enjoyable continuation which introduces new characters into the fray.) 4/5

Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Ultra Romantic
episodes 1-9

Call of the Night Episode 6

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Episode 4

Prima Doll Episode 6

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2 Episode 5

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting Episode 6

When Will Ayumu Make His Move? Episode 6

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer episode 6 Playing around?

Prima Doll episode 6 Butterfly.

Shadows House 2nd Season episode 6 Plans in motion.

When Will Ayumu Make His Move? episode 6 Valentines and exams.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Ultra Romantic episodes 10-13 (Complete. This series continues to impress with a third season that pushes some welcome character developments.) 4/5

Kakegurui
episodes 1-12 (Complete. An entertaining gambling-centric story that packs in the tension and risk synonymous with anime of this genre.) 3.5/5

Kakeguruixx
episodes 1-3

Oh my. Just watched the first episode of the original Astro Boy (set in the far future of the year 2000). Starts as you may remember with a boy being killed and his scientist father vowing to build a robot version of his lost son. Ten minutes in and dad is upset over the fact that his boy isn't growing like other boys, so he sells him to a circus!

Cardcaptor Sakura ep1-35
Fun show but also underwhelming. I feel I set my expectations too high based on other Clamp things I've seen. I almost disengaged entirely when Meiling was introduced, god she was annoying, but when the mysterious shrine lady got introduced I got right back into it and the show got a lot better. Gona have a bit of a break from it and watch the second half after my hols.

I Am Groot
5 absolutely adorable shorts (3-5 mins each) following baby Groot on his misadventures. Very funny, looked great and each episode could've easily been twice as long and just as fun. Hope they make more.

RRR
Absolute masterpiece. This film is so good! An absolute blast from beginning to end. Its funny, dramatic, has top tier action, a really engaging rollercoaster of a story, great heros and villians and some banging songs. One of the best action films I've ever seen but it's also so much more than that.

Back