Your viewing journal

A Couple of Cuckoos episode 11 In the dark.

Engage Kiss episode 1 Will see how the next episodes pan out on this one.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki episode 13 Safe keeping. (Complete. A good watch that offered some amusing stories.) 3.5/5

Lycoris Recoil
episode 1 This could be an interesting watch.

Shikimori’s not just a Cutie episode 11 The Prince.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episodes 1-2 Hopefully this can improve and build upon the last season.

Great Pretender episodes 20-23 (Complete. As far as action and mystery anime goes this stylish series worked pretty well, with various plots and schemes at play.) 4/5

Great Teacher Onizuka
episodes 1-16

Rent-A-Girlfriend (Season 2) - Episode 1

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc - Episode 7 - 11 (re-watch)

A Couple of Cuckoos - Episode 5

A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 9

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War -Ultra Romanctic- (English Dub) Episode 11

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie (English Dub) Episode 9

Spy x Family (English Dub) Episode 11

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 9

A Couple of Cuckoo's Episode 11 Blackout.

Engage Kiss Episode 1 Interesting start. Another one for the three eps treatment.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki Episode 13 (Complete. Ninja fun with a quirky cast of characters and a likeable lead. I would definitely welcome a second season of this anime.) 3.5/5

Lycoris Recoil
Episode 1 Reassign.

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie Episode 11 Past and present.

Teppen
—!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing 'til You Cry Episode 1 Another stand up comedy series. Hopefully the gags hit the mark with this one. Will give it the three eps treatment.

Watching Ya Boy Kongming, not that into it so far, I wish main girl would just sing in Japanese rather than broken English, but it's fine overall.

Haven't finished last season yet, but I thought that I'd watch some of the Summer offerings.
Phantom of the Idol ep 1
There's a male idol group with 2 members and a girl as our 3 leads, just like Heroines last season, but that's as far as the similarities go. This seems it'll be comedy focused and everything on the production side doesn't quite reach the same standard either.

Luminous Witches ep 1
Only in anime can you get cute witches from a variety of countries who can't fight in the battle against an alien invasion, for various reasons, join together to form an idol group all set in alternative 40's London! Art is very good and the ED which will be the OP was nice, so the songs will be good.
Digging a little deeper seems it's a spin off of the Strike Witches franchise, which I haven't seen, but I don't think will be a problem story wise.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 256 Ramen recipes.

League of Nations Air Force Aviation Magic Band Luminous Witches episode 1
This could be a neat spin-off series.

Yurui Deco episode 1 This looks very stylised so far. Hopefully the story will be as interesting.

Great Teacher Onizuka episodes 17-37

Last edited:
Got home from a weekend away to find Cat Planet Cuties waiting for me (which I forgot I had ordered). Was expecting the usual living together with sexy alien girls harem type show, so was very surprised at the amount of action (and the ridiculous number of secret societies). At the halfway point of the series and still enjoying it, although it's definitely not one for dog lovers is it?

I'm on a Fantasy kick right now, so I've watched over the last two weeks or so:

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest (Sub) Eps 1-12 (End)
The Dawn of the Witch (Sub) Eps 1-12 (End)
Konosuba (Sub) Season 1 Episodes 1-11 (End) (Re-watch)
Burn the Witch (Sub) Eps 1-3 (End)
The Saint's Power is Omnipotent Eps 1-6 (Dub, with the neighbor girl) (Re-watch for me)

And I'm also watching, for some "romance":

A couple of Cuckoos (Sub) Eps 1-6
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Sub) Eps 1-6

Classroom of the Elite 2nd Season episode 1 I wasn’t overly enthused with the first season by its end but I’ll give this overall story another chance with a fresh approach.

My Isekai Life: I Gained a Second Character Class and Became the Strongest Sage in the World! episodes 1-2 That’s a lot of slimes.

Great Teacher Onizuka episodes 38-43 (Complete. GTO offers a great blend of comedy and more dramatic arcs. It’s a shame they didn’t adapt the rest of the manga later on.) 4/5

Grimm’s Fairy Tale Classics
episodes 1-8

League of Nations Air Force Aviation Magic Band Luminous Witches Episode 1 This should be a fun spin-off.

My Isekai Life: I Gained a Second Character Class and Became the Strongest Sage in the World! Episode 1-2 Slimes.

Leina Stohl - Legend of Wolf Sword - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final]

It always surprised me that this OVA was never fansubbed. I remember seeing images of it in the mid 00's and thinking it looked cool and first watched it raw in the late 00's. I was quite surprised when Discotek licensed it and has finally given me the opportunity to watch it with subtitles. It obviously refers a lot to the main TV series but it is still a very cool looking and engaging OVA.

Lightning Trap - Leina & Laika

This I had been subtitled before and watched it years ago. It's decent enough but a bit of an odd entry into the franchise.

AMAIM: Warrior at the Borderline - Episode 25 [Final]

The series comes to a good conclusion but it does rely on a lot of exposition to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a follow up series to this.

Spriggan - Episodes 5 & 6 [Final]

I thought these last two episodes were pretty good and am looking forward to seeing more.

AOASHI ep 13
Killer pass.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki ep 13
Team work.
Despite the horniness of Tsubaki and of some of the character designs, the vast majority of the show is just Cute Ninja Girls Doing Cute Ninja Girls stuff. The manga is by the same person who did Takagi-san, so I shouldn't have expected it to be too risqué. Some stuff in the overall set-up wasn't explained and the ending was a bit weird with the sensei saying "one day you'll fall in love", but she's kept the girls away from males and told them virtually nothing about them apart from to fear them! How are they ever going to form a proper relationship with the opposite sex if they've never seen them let alone met them? That aside it was fun.
Art and animation were very good.
7/10

A Couple of Cuckoos
ep 11
Blackout.

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie eps 10 & 11
Sports festival and memories.

Apart from Shikimori, which got delayed, and the continuing series that's Crunchyroll done for the Spring season.

Dropkick On My Devil!! X episode 1 Meeting of the Gods.

Overlord IV episode 40 A new look.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ episode 1 I watched the original adaptation fairly recently and am curious to see how this turns out.

Vermeil in Gold ~A Magician Pushes Through the Magical World With the Strongest Disaster~ episode 1 An unexpected summoning.

Grimm’s Fairy Tale Classics episodes 9-21

Last edited:
Back