Your viewing journal

Video Warrior Laserion - Episodes 32 - 41

I am really enjoying Laserion and I'm looking forward to the finale.

Idol Defense Force Hummingbird - Episodes 3 & 4 [Final]

A really fun OVA, it has been great watching this again.

AMAIM: Warrior at the Borderline - Episode 22

While I'm looking forward to the conclusion of AMAIM it feels like there is a lot to wrap up in the last two episodes.

Vampire Wars

I last watched this many many years ago and I recently saw some chatter on Twitter that was holding up Vampire Wars as this unsung gem which certainly wasn't my recollection of it...

...and to be honest it was still the generic, and slightly dull, action thriller that I remembered.

SD Gundam MkII - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final]

Now that there are better fansubs of the original SD Gundam OVAs available I watched MkI months ago with a view of rewatching it all again but didn't carry it on, so getting that back on track. This second OVA is still a very funny and brilliant parody of the original UC Gundam time line.

OOParts - Oman

I'm also continuing to work through all the obscure mecha anime from decades past and got round to this, which is possibly the most problematic anime I have ever seen!!! There are a few other OVAs like this that might make a good podcast episode.

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 Episode 36 Punishment and parting. (Complete. Another strong season that continues to build upon the ongoing story while also continuing to force Main to confront more of her new life's decisions and their consequences. I'm hopeful that the next installment isn't to far off.)  4/5

Healer Girl Episode 11 Tensions and Test.

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 episode 36 Divine protection. (Complete. An engaging third season that upped the emotional stakes and ended on a poignant note.) 4/5

Healer Girl
episode 11 Jealousies flare.

Galaxy Express 999 episodes 45-58

ULTRAMAN Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6 (Completed)

While I liked the first season, the second season had some interesting stuff but it felt flat by the end, likely due to the fast pacing so there's not enough build in character for the cast throughout. There is also the fact that this season deviates a lot from the source material so there's that to factor in.

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai ep 11
Spin it to win it.

AOASHI ep 10
Obsession.

Ascendance of a Bookworm s3 e10 (complete)
Parting ways.
A season that ups the political intrigue, which was interesting, but at the expense of the invention of new tech from the first 2 seasons, which was a shame. Also some parts seemed rushed, rather than show something we got Myne giving us a voice over of "we did this and then that" over mainly still shots.
Speaking of the art and animation at first it seemed there was an up tick in both, but they regressed over the season with the aforementioned still shots, seemingly saving the budget for a couple of action-y scenes in the last 2 episodes.
Still enjoyed a lot:
8/10

A Couple of Cuckoos
ep 8
Runaway.

I’m quitting Heroing episode 11 Premonition.

Tomodachi Game episode 11 Burden.

Galaxy Express 999 episodes 59-72

Ascendance of a Bookworm-I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of Myne and friends, I know it said to be continued but I wonder how long we'll have to wait for more?

Spy x Family ep10

Kaguya-sama: Love is War ~ Ultra Romantic ep10

It still has its moments, but I’m not really feeling this last arc for the season to be honest.

Ghastly Prince Enma: Burning Up! Ep12 [end]

The finale wasn’t my favourite episode of the series, but it was a fitting send off that felt surprisingly on brand for a Go Nagai creation. I’ll post some more detailed thoughts on the show as a whole in the other thread when I feel more awake.

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- episode 11 Out of the sand.

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness episode 11 Snowfall.

RPG Real Estate episode 11 Dragon dealings.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody episode 11 Allegiance?

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 episode 36 Truth.

Galaxy Express 999 episodes 73-85

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (English Dub) Episode 9

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 32

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Episode 11

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness Episode 11

I'm Quitting Heroing Episode 11

RPG Real Estate Episode 11

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Episode 11

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 Episode 36

Fate Zero - episodes 1-25. Absolutely loved, I’ll rewatch the deen fsn and ubw before the heavens feel films.

Lord El melloi II case files -episodes 1-13 enjoyable enough but I might be too much of a noob to fully understand it.

Spy x family - episode 10

Tamako market - episodes 1-12(rewatch)

Last edited:
BIRDIE WING ep 11
Practice montage.

RPG Real Estate ep 11
True form.

Deaimon ep 11
Fever dream.

Heroines Run the Show ep 11
Confrontation.
I'm not sure I liked the twist here, seems too far out of leftfield. Wonder if I ever rewatch I'll spot any signs it's coming?

SPY x FAMILY ep 10
Super move!

Heroines Run the Show episode 11 Culprit.

Miss Sachiku and the Little Baby Ghost episode 11 Fortunes.

Skeleton Knight in Another World episode 11 The awakening.

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 episode 10 Bugged.

Galaxy Express 999 episodes 86-100

Last edited:
Back