Your viewing journal

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- episode 10 Search the line.

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness episode 10 A special offering.

RPG Real Estate episode 10 This old house.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody episode 10 Another.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 episode 35 Breakout.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Rewatch) episodes 39-51

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (English Dub) Episode 8

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 31

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Episode 10

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness Episode 10

I'm Quitting Heroing
Episode 10

RPG Real Estate Episode 10

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Episode 10

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 Episode 35

RPG Real Estate ep 10
Missing.

Deaimon ep 10
Plums.

BIRDIE WING ep 10
Crazy golf.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life eps 7 & 8
Smoke on the water.

Onipan! eps 5 & 6
Battle Royale and magical idol.

Heroines Run the Show ep 10
Statement.

Heroines Run the Show episode 10 Stepping down.

Miss Sachiku and the Little Baby Ghost episode 10 Christmas in June.

Skeleton Knight in Another World episode 10 Boned.

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 episode 9 Waterfall.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Rewatch) episodes 52-64 (Complete. Another rewatch of my favourite anime and one that reinforced why it’s remained as such.) 5/5

Skeleton Knight in Another World (English Dub) Episode 7

Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- (English Dub) Episode 7

The Dawn of the Witch (English Dub) Episode 7

Komi Can't Communicate Season 2 Episode 22

Miss Shachiku and the Little Baby Ghost Episode 10

Skeleton Knight in Another World Episode 10

The Dawn of the Witch Episode 9

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 Episode 9

Rosario + Vampire seasons 1 and 2
Silly but extremely fun show that understands a harem concept is infinitely more interesting if (a) the girls actually have a reason to like the guy (b) the guy has something of a personality (c) the girls are monsters (d) the writers understand when to be funny and when to let the drama unfold, and (e) a fourth wall breaking bat.

By The Grace Of God
So gentle and charming. Tonally this is the isekei equivalent of something like Aria, Hidamari Sketch or Is the Order A Rabbit? whereby peril is at an all time low and everyone is super supportive. It's gentle, nice and easy to watch. It's almost oppressively optimistic, not for the cynically minded.

I enjoyed your reviews of these titles very much and am now more interested in watching them than I was previously (though I was already fairly interested in By the Grace of the Gods) :)

Akira (subbed) (rewatch) - definitely worth revisiting at the age of 33 after not having seen it for several years.

The Tatami Galaxy (subbed) (rewatch) - I like this considerably more now than I did the first time around :)

Night is Short, Walk on Girl (subbed) - a lovely compliment to TTG, looking forward to the next project in the series :)

Maquia (subbed) - watched with a friend and we both really enjoyed it a lot, will rewatch it dubbed at some point as well :)

Was about to start Aria, when I remembered I hadn't finished rewatching His and Her Circumstances, so I watched episodes 17-22 of this sweet romantic school comedy before delving into Aria.

Update:
I just found out that the lead US VA for Aria (Veronica Taylor) is also the VA for the lead character in His And Her Circumstances, which explains why she sounded so familiar.

Last edited:
Sleepy Princess In The Demon Castle
This was a blast. Incredibly silly comedy. Seeing the Demon King and his minions get ever more exasperated at the Princess's antics was highly entertaining. I really can't recommend this enough. I was laughing a lot.

Tenchi Muyo! War On Geminar
1 part isekei, 1 part highschool comedy and 1 part mecha epic all with dose of harem. And with all the tropes those genres bring. Its quite remarkable the show manages to balance them all together into a cohesive whole that actually works. The characters are fun, a few a little over the top and the show looks great. Sometimes the tropes overshadow the show especially in the first half but once the epic side of the story kicks in it really steps up in scope and action.

I enjoyed your reviews of these titles very much and am now more interested in watching them than I was previously (though I was already fairly interested in By the Grace of the Gods) :)
I guess I should warn that Rosario + Vampire has almost continuous panty shots. But if you can get past that it really is a great show. Like I mentioned the fact the writers know when to be funny and when to let the drama and serious side unfold really is its biggest strength. The comedy was great but the emotional side was allowed room which gave the show way more depth than you would've expected.

Also By The Grace Of God's really was a charming little show. And a real change of pace from the usual isekei fare.

Yeah, it's great fun. Doga Kobo do great work with these type of shows, and the MC is voiced by Inori Minase who is great in everything I've seen of hers.
Nice. To be fair I watched the English dub which was excellently done as well. The MC in English is Kira Buckland who has always been great but she really shines here (and recently became the first female Jojo but I haven't started Stone Ocean yet). But yeah the studio did a great job with the show. It had a real vibrancy to the art and the comic timing was great.

I didn't know anything about it beforehand and was bought just because it got a physical release and looked a bit different. But I didn't know it was go8ng to be a comedy and I was hugely pleasantly surprised.

I certainly always find everyone's mini-reviews here very useful to get an idea of shows that are likely to be up my street too. I wish I could add some succinct ones myself but am too prone to rambling heh.

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai episode 11 Snow and stretching.

Date A Live IV episode 10 Almost envious.

Love after World Domination episode 10 Culture festival.

Onipan! episodes 41-45 Robot woes.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ episode 11 Bride and groom.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life episode 11 Original sin.

GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. A school-based comedy SoL focused on a group of friends with differing personalities attending their arts design class. A familiar premise but a pleasant enough watch overall.) 3.5/5

Galaxy Express 999
episodes 1-6

Back