I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI ep 15
Local characters.

AOASHI ep 7
Out of his depth.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki s4 e7
Moon theives

SPY x FAMILY ep 7
Studying.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 250 Hoping for recovery.

Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! episode 7 Passion of the Zombie.

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs episode 8 Sky pirates.

Eyeshield 21 episodes 137-145 (Complete. Despite this being another sports anime wherein I had little knowledge of the core subject matter I found the series enjoyable thanks to the likeable cast and how they drove the narrative.) 4/5

Fate/Stay Night Movie: Heaven’s Feel - I. Presage Flower (Film)

Fate/Stay Night Movie: Heaven’s Feel - II. Lost Butterfly (Film)

Fate/Stay Night Movie: Heaven’s Feel - III. Spring Song (Film)
After gradually picking up the MVM release I’ve finally watched the Heaven’s Feel adaptation trilogy and found it to be a solid watch overall with some great and visually rich action set pieces. 4/5, 4/5, 4/5

Last edited:
Unlike a lot of people I don't watch any more than 5 new shows per season and the one that's really got me hooked so far is Birdie Wing-Girl's Golf Story. It's just so absurd that it keeps one coming back for each new episode just to see how much further out it will get.

Last edited:
Fate/DEEN Night 1-6

The rewatch with my brother, I forgot they cut out the bits where Seiba tries to go to school with Shirou. That was repetitive as hell in the VN so I am relieved I won't have to relive that again.

So I finally started to watch Spy x Family on Crunchyroll last night, and have also started a rewatch already, lol! I watched the first 4 episodes last night on my own, and then my oldest daughter and her boyfriend came to visit today, and after supper they wanted to show Spy x Family to my mother, as they had recently watched all of the episodes released so far. So, we watched the first 3 episodes again on the living room TV, just for my mom to see it - and she's enjoying it immensely! And, I'm definitely not one that cares for comedy in anime, but this show has the good kind of humor in it, so I've really been loving the series so far, too.

Ironically, my daughter's name is Anna, but my mother was really pushing for us to name her Anya when she was born, 25 years ago!

Last edited:
Record of Lodoss War - Episodes 1 - 13 [Final] (Blu-ray)

I had been looking forward to watching Lodoss War for a long time and having watched it I'm not sure how I feel about it. I enjoyed the OVA but felt a bit underwhelmed by it as the same time, it was very much by the numbers for the first 8 episodes although the story did pick up somewhat for the finale, it was also obvious the creators had read The Hobbit and LOTR a few times beforehand. @Professor Irony I completely agree with your view on the animation, some of the artwork is really nice but they definitely didn't have the budget to serve the epic scale of the story and some of the dragon animation (or lack of it) is almost laughable.

Video Warrior Laserion - Episodes 1 - 9

I had previously seen Laserion raw almost 2 decades ago and it never had a complete fansub so Discotek's SD-BD release is the first chance I've had to watch it with subtitles. A fifth of the way through it reminds me of Urashiman, very easy going and goofy on face value but with more dramatic undertone running through it.

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 episode 33 Attachments.

Healer Girl episode 8 Maid music.

Fate/Kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!! episodes 1-12 (Complete. Excepting some questionable scenes this was one of the better seasons for F/K overall.) 3.5/5

RPG Real Estate ep 7
The labyrinth and the Minotaur

Love After World Domination ep 7
Trauma Desu.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki ep 7
Behind the mask.

A Couple of Cuckoos ep 5
Transfer student.

RikeKoi s2 e8
What is normal?

Ascendance of a Bookworm s3 e7
Diagnosis.

Kaguya-sama s3 e7
Cultural festival prep.

Last edited:
I’m quitting Heroing episode 8 Imp.

Tomodachi Game episode 8 Come back.

Fate/Kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA: Vow in the Snow (Film) This was an engaging film which built upon the backstory between Shirou and Miyu quite well. 4/5

Fate/Kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA- Licht Nameless Girl (Film)
This brought the story back to the present and delivered a decent narrative which lends itself to further continuation in the future. 3.5/5

Fireworks (Film)
Whilst the film offered some neat visuals the story and characters didn’t engage with me much - I may give this a rewatch eventually though to see if I appreciate it more. 2/5

Ghost in the Shell:SAC_2045 s2 eps 1-12 (dub)
I rewatched the last episode of the first season as a reminder as I remember there was a cliffhanger, and it jogged a few memories, but then they left that particular part of the plot dangling for a few episodes to focus on another character which got a better development than they got in the first part.
As with most of the various stories contained in this universe some of it made sense and some of it didn't, although I will say the final episode does go some way to explaining what happened. The one problem was that a lot of the plot was very reminiscent of earlier stuff especially Individual Eleven.
Most of the art and animation were as I remember from the first part with characters looking and occasionally moving stiffly, although during fight scenes this didn't seem to happen.
Same score as the first season, but will say it was slightly better:
7/10

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- episode 8 Danger.

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness episode 8 Lingering regrets.

RPG Real Estate episode 8 Fashion and fortunes.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody episode 8 Roles to play.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 episode 33 Until the end.

Fist of the North Star episodes 1-8, 11-13, 22-23

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (English Dub) Episode 6

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 29

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Episode 8

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness Episode 8

RPG Real Estate Episode 8

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Episode 8

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2  Episode 33

Eps 7 & 8 of The Rising of the Shield Hero season 2...time for a rant not happy with the adaption of season 2. One the pacing is much too fast and second they have completely changed it when they get to the other world compared to the LN. At first its only Naofumi in the labyrinth with Kizuna. He then meets up with the others one after the other. The stuff at the dragon hourglass with Raphtalia being left behind doesn't happen. This whole arc needed to be more than 12 episode, ideally 24 like the 1st season rant over.

Back